Fila Jr.

Bruschi

Noticed Micic and Petrov both at 121 for this event in a week and half.  Tsirtsis at 145.5.  Micic/Petrov match would be interesting.  I am sure there will be a lot more signed up but 121 looks to have some good wrestlers so far.

Also at 121 is #1 ranked in the country @ 120# Nathan Tomasello. Nationally ranked Tommy Thorn who I believe beat Stevan last year at FILA Cadet finals is also signed up at 121. Phenom freshman Aaron Pico from California (who teched every opponent at Iowa Nationals last week) is signed up at 138.75. Along with fellow Californian Anthony Valencia (who took a whoopin from our very own Tommy Forte in Iowa last weekend) @ 145.5. It's still early, looking forward to some great wrestling!

FILA Juniors are one of my favorite events because you get to see high school studs mix it up with some younger college guys.  Last year Sliga went so don't be surprised if he enters. 

Phenom Redshirt freshman Aaron Pico from California (who teched every opponent at Iowa Nationals last week) is signed up at 138.75.

Had to correct something

Phenom Redshirt freshman Aaron Pico from California (who teched every opponent at Iowa Nationals last week) is signed up at 138.75.

Y2... do we really wanna go there?

When you call the kid a freshman you have to take it with a grain of salt. I might be a little bitter as I was 17 when I graduated and could have had two redshirts and still been able to participate in athletics.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunate to not see some of Indiana's best not competing last weekend i.e., Lecount, James, Cash, Nick Lee, LaHue, McCloskey to name a few.

All of those mentioned are too young for FILA Juniors. The only one possibly old enough without a medical waiver would be McCloskey.  Nick Lee is still about 3 years away from being old enough and the others would need a medical waiver. 

So when does this start?  I want to follow, but it doesn't look like Trackwrestling has the brackets up.

It starts on Saturday

To add to Y2's explanation.  It is important to realize that FILA Juniors is not the same as USA Juniors.  The age division for FILA Juniors is older HS  to younger college, because of the international competitions associated with it.  The USA Wrestling Junior division is for all still in high school, based on just competitions in the US.

"  Unfortunate to not see some of Indiana's best not competing last weekend i.e., Lecount, James, Cash, Nick Lee, LaHue, McCloskey to name a few.

All of those mentioned are too young for FILA Juniors. The only one possibly old enough without a medical waiver would be McCloskey.  Nick Lee is still about 3 years away from being old enough and the others would need a medical waiver. "

I was referring to FLO, NHSCA, or Cliff Keen (USAW Folkstyle) Nationals.

Looks like Micic and Petrov could meet fairly early if they win their first couple of matches.  They could meet in the quarters: Petrov would have to beat the two seed Gilman from Iowa and Micic win his first two matches.

Tsirtsis is the one seed at 145, but has some really tough matches.  His first match against against Hudson from Hofstra will be tough and if he wins will get Bietz from Penn St. a rematch from the dapper dan.  The upper half at 145 is really tough.  Cimato in the quaters and Beikrov is really tough and I think would be the semifinal match.  Good luck to the Indiana boys.  132 is probably the deepest wt class at Fila.  Mark Grey vs Ben Whitford first round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.