Dake vs Sanderson

Sanderson is an Olympic gold medalist so... yeah

That is freestyle, which is completely different. Dake's style obviously translates much better to folkstyle given his strength is defense and top game.

I think Cael would win, but I also believe what Dake did in college winning in 4 separate weight classes was more impressive.

That is freestyle, which is completely different. Dake's style obviously translates much better to folkstyle given his strength is defense and top game.

I think Cael would win, but I also believe what Dake did in college winning in 4 separate weight classes was more impressive.

No way dude. Think about it.

I see their careers as very similar, given that Dake had no redshirt year and was an 18 year old kid when he won his first title.

Dake 1st year out of high school- 2 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 1st year out of high school- 1 loss and no NCAA title

Advantage- Dake

Dake 2nd year out of high school- 2 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 2nd year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Advantage- Sanderson

Dake 3rd year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 3rd year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Even

Dake 4th year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 4th year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Even

No question that Dake would do exactly what Sanderson did to the competition given a 5th year of eligibility, but its not certain that Sanderson would have won an NCAA title as a true freshman, given his loss during that season.  Adding the fact that Dake won at 4 different weights, I think Dake is the greatest of all time.  Sanderson a close 2nd.

I see their careers as very similar, given that Dake had no redshirt year and was an 18 year old kid when he won his first title.

Dake 1st year out of high school- 2 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 1st year out of high school- 1 loss and no NCAA title

Advantage- Dake

Dake 2nd year out of high school- 2 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 2nd year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Advantage- Sanderson

Dake 3rd year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 3rd year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Even

Dake 4th year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Sanderson 4th year out of high school- 0 losses and NCAA title

Even

No question that Dake would do exactly what Sanderson did to the competition given a 5th year of eligibility, but its not certain that Sanderson would have won an NCAA title as a true freshman, given his loss during that season.  Adding the fact that Dake won at 4 different weights, I think Dake is the greatest of all time.  Sanderson a close 2nd.

Good argument. Actually Dake was 19 when he won his first(Bday 2-2-91). And both Dake and Cael were 22 when they won their fourth. IMO physical and mental maturity is the bigger factor than years old.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.