Sonaty 3 Harrison 4

170 doty

182  bc over

195 Ricks over winkle injury default

220 Harrison over wc

Hwt? Delphi upset WL in semis

All I got for now

c

so i was off by one. 9 of 10 roetker beats hickman. complete domination by jeff sectional and harrison

Yes and I was wrong.  Really got to give big props to Harrison.  They were well disciplined, well conditioned, and ready to wrestle.  I was also impressed with BC's performance.  Heck if the BC 113 kid wins like I thought he would, BC ends up with 4 champs alone.  I was real happy for the 113 TL kid.  He wrestled great today!  Now I just hope the Logan Regional can get more than 3 or 4 out of Merrillville.  After seeing the brackets, I'll take Blake Denton as a 3 time state qualifier.  Not sure what happened to Kevin Winkle.  Must have hit his head pretty hard.  Tough kid, looked great in his earlier 2 matches.  I still think he can work with his quarter of the bracket.  The Ricks kid is a damn good wrestler.  Better than I thought.  I'm a fan now.  Can't wait to see what he can do with the boys  from "The region." 

HEADLOCK....Thank you for those very nice compliments.  We love hearing those types of comments about our kids.  Thank you and i agree, as a Regional it would be awesome to get 14 through or more!  That's my goal for our Regional no matter how lofty it may seem.

HEADLOCK....Thank you for those very nice compliments.  We love hearing those types of comments about our kids.  Thank you and i agree, as a Regional it would be awesome to get 14 through or more!  That's my goal for our Regional no matter how lofty it may seem.

You should be proud of your boys coach.  However, after looking at the brackets, I'm only seeing 2 maybe as many as 4 if we are really lucky making it out of that meat grinder known as Merrillville.  I know as a coach you have to disagree with my low number, but I have been going to that tournament for 35 years and I am rarely wrong about the number of Logan Regional boys getting through.  We will keep are fingers crossed that I am hugely mistaken.  I too would love to see 14 get through as well, but....

I have Hickman as a ?, He looked very good last week  however I haven't seen Roetker (H) wrestle at all & Harrison has a strong team and a good coach so I can't count out Roetker, if these 2 make the finals us fans should be in for a treat

told ya

24 Semi-State Qualifiers from TL Sectional

32 Semi-State Qualifiers from LJ Sectional

The Jeff Sectional did dominate the finals. Harrison is extremely tough, and BC showed up to wrestle!

Here is my breakdown of our Regionals chances at Semi-State:

106  Tough weight class.  Harrison looks to be the only one with a real shot.  South Newton has an outside chance but I only say that because he is a senior.

113  The top 3 all have a chance to make it out. TL wrestled really well and got a favorable draw. LC and BC are both great wrestlers, but neither will have an easy road. 

120  It will be tough for any of them to make it out... this year. LJ is a great wrestler that always shows up for the tournament and TL is a tough Freshman with a bright future.

126  You can never call anyone a "lock" to make it out, but TL is close. The Harrison wrestler impressed me and has a real chance to make it through.

132 Tough draw for a great BC wrestler.  To me, he was probably the most impressive wresltler Saturday.  McCutcheon and TL have outside chances, but they will have to wrestle well!

138  Rensselaer works hard enough to make it through here.  Harrison also has a shot.

145  Not this year

152  Harrison and TL both have what it takes to stay in each match... Can either pull off a big win? I'll let you know Sunday.

160  McCutheon wrestles well, and will be in the mix.  Can another #3 from the TL sectional advance to state in this weight?? (I hope so)

170 Not this year

182Not this year

195  I think this is the Regionals best chance to have all 4 make it through.  Unlikely, but there is a chance.  If TL and BC wrestle their matches, this could be another finals rematch...

220 Harrison has a shot, but I dont think this was a great weight at our Regional.

HWT  I dont see it happening.

I predict 9 State Qualifiers from our Regional, 5 from the Hoosier Conf.

thats all you think i think harrisons 103 has a shot and i cannot wait for carrithers at 132 to wrestle martsof two scrmbles ones going to be better than the other and with 160 with medrano wrestling the way he has been has a great shot to beat gomez from bishop noll if he beats john glenn kid as predicted and there are some otehr kids in there that fight that can hang wiht guys up north and north east hahaha it will be fun but to say only three about to get hit with some knowledge  ;D

24 Semi-State Qualifiers from TL Sectional

32 Semi-State Qualifiers from LJ Sectional

The Jeff Sectional did dominate the finals. Harrison is extremely tough, and BC showed up to wrestle!

Here is my breakdown of our Regionals chances at Semi-State:

106  Tough weight class.  Harrison looks to be the only one with a real shot.  South Newton has an outside chance but I only say that because he is a senior.

113  The top 3 all have a chance to make it out. TL wrestled really well and got a favorable draw. LC and BC are both great wrestlers, but neither will have an easy road. 

120  It will be tough for any of them to make it out... this year. LJ is a great wrestler that always shows up for the tournament and TL is a tough Freshman with a bright future.

126  You can never call anyone a "lock" to make it out, but TL is close. The Harrison wrestler impressed me and has a real chance to make it through.

132 Tough draw for a great BC wrestler.  To me, he was probably the most impressive wresltler Saturday.  McCutcheon and TL have outside chances, but they will have to wrestle well!

138  Rensselaer works hard enough to make it through here.  Harrison also has a shot.

145  Not this year

152  Harrison and TL both have what it takes to stay in each match... Can either pull off a big win? I'll let you know Sunday.

160  McCutheon wrestles well, and will be in the mix.  Can another #3 from the TL sectional advance to state in this weight?? (I hope so)

170 Not this year

182Not this year

195  I think this is the Regionals best chance to have all 4 make it through.  Unlikely, but there is a chance.  If TL and BC wrestle their matches, this could be another finals rematch...

220 Harrison has a shot, but I dont think this was a great weight at our Regional.

HWT  I dont see it happening.

I predict 9 State Qualifiers from our Regional, 5 from the Hoosier Conf.

For the record, I really hope you are right.  Despite what my heart tells me I really only see the following make it through: Maybe 106 Davis (Har), Blake Denton (TL), Maybe Hickman (Ren), Ricks (BC), Winkle (TL).  I see a big handful winning first round matches.  Best of luck to each and every Logan Reg. wrestler!  Especially the TL boys!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.