Castle predictions

Rebelman50

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not seen the brackets or even sat down to look at any possible seeding info.  Just going off what I have seen.  The real grinder in this one will be consolation rounds.  There will be some really spirited matches for 3rd!

106 - R

113 - CA or R

120 - R

126 - CA (BV second if the seeding allows)

132 - Me (if healthy enough) CA otherwise

138 - BV - Dark Horse Pick

145 - HH (?)  Really not an easy pick in the group)

152 - ME

160 - Ca - (Going out on a limb with this one, brackets may get in the way) Could be R or even SS.

170 - HH

182 - HH

195 - SS

220 - HH

288 - I will say MV  Heavy's are completely unpredictable.

Have not seen the brackets or even sat down to look at any possible seeding info.   Just going off what I have seen.  The real grinder in this one will be consolation rounds.   There will be some really spirited matches for 3rd!

106 - R

113 - CA or R

120 - R

126 - CA (BV second if the seeding allows)

132 - Me (if healthy enough) CA otherwise

138 - BV - Dark Horse Pick

145 - HH (?)  Really not an easy pick in the group)

152 - ME

160 - Ca - (Going out on a limb with this one, brackets may get in the way) Could be R or even SS.

170 - HH

182 - HH

195 - SS

220 - HH

288 - I will say MV   Heavy's are completely unpredictable.

I can't pick 138, 145, 160, or 285.  Good kids in each of them, but consistency is an issue for all of them.

132 will be a real battle.  Could be any one of three.  Wedding and Johns have split as have Johns and Meiring.  Did Wedding and Meiring wrestle this year?  Who knows the answer to this one.

132 & 113 are totally up in the air. I still think Kuhn holds a major edge but with Brown and Mastison nothing is safe.

132 & 113 are totally up in the air. I still think Kuhn holds a major edge but with Brown and Mastison nothing is safe.

How does Kuhn have a major edge?  Didn't he lose to Lehman last week and Lehman went on to lose to Brown?  I believe both Kuhn and Brown are well ahead of Mastison, but I think the two of them are very even going forward.

How does Kuhn have a major edge?  Didn't he lose to Lehman last week and Lehman went on to lose to Brown?  I believe both Kuhn and Brown are well ahead of Mastison, but I think the two of them are very even going forward.

Lehman came ready to wrestle and without a doubt earned that victory. That being said I have been told by one of the wrestlers dad that the entire Reitz team has been fighting a chest cold and virus over the last 2 weeks and have passed it to each other. Thats no excuse for losing but as a person who has had a very similar chest cold if not the same one I can vouch for the fact it zaps you of almost all your energy and breathing ability. The last few Reitz wrestlers have been unfortunate in catching it this last weekend. They are all glad it was before Sectionals. I do not take anything away from Lehman because that kid looked like a state placer this weekend but a healthy Kuhn is a much different Kuhn. Lehman looks awesome and will be a great wrestler to represent Mater Dei and Evansville in the very near future.

How did Lehman do against Mastison? Anyone know?

Lehman came ready to wrestle and without a doubt earned that victory. That being said I have been told by one of the wrestlers dad that the entire Reitz team has been fighting a chest cold and virus over the last 2 weeks and have passed it to each other. Thats no excuse for losing but as a person who has had a very similar chest cold if not the same one I can vouch for the fact it zaps you of almost all your energy and breathing ability. The last few Reitz wrestlers have been unfortunate in catching it this last weekend. They are all glad it was before Sectionals. I do not take anything away from Lehman because that kid looked like a state placer this weekend but a healthy Kuhn is a much different Kuhn. Lehman looks awesome and will be a great wrestler to represent Mater Dei and Evansville in the very near future.

How did Lehman do against Mastison? Anyone know?

Seriously?  They were fighting a chest cold?  Well that changes everything!  Give them the trophy guys, they wrestled in less than perfect conditions.  Once again you bring discredit upon the program I busted my butt for.  PLEASE feel free to keep your excuses to yourself! 

Brown and Mastison are great wrestlers and all 3 of them can represent the sectional all the way to Indy! 

For the fans of other programs, not all of us believe in excuses and crap like that.  You have to perform when you get the chance and you understand that sometimes that means sick, hurt, distractions like family and friends, erc etc etc. 

Seriously?  They were fighting a chest cold?   Well that changes everything!   Give them the trophy guys, they wrestled in less than perfect conditions.  Once again you bring discredit upon the program I busted my butt for.   PLEASE feel free to keep your excuses to yourself! 

Brown and Mastison are great wrestlers and all 3 of them can represent the sectional all the way to Indy! 

For the fans of other programs, not all of us believe in excuses and crap like that.  You have to perform when you get the chance and you understand that sometimes that means sick, hurt, distractions like family and friends, erc etc etc. 

Well said.

Seriously?  They were fighting a chest cold?   Well that changes everything!   Give them the trophy guys, they wrestled in less than perfect conditions.  Once again you bring discredit upon the program I busted my butt for.   PLEASE feel free to keep your excuses to yourself! 

If you read the post before you got on here and ran your mouth, it clearly says it is not an excuse and Lehman wrestled his butt off. As a parent of a Reitz wrestler, illness has ran rampant in the wrestling room over the last couple weeks. Yet I promise you none of them are using it as an excuse. Hopefully they can all be as close to 100% as possible come Saturday. At this point in the season, I don't think any wrestler is 100%. Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend!

Come on pantherfan!  He was listing factors, circumstances and reasons. Those are totally different from excuses!

Get with the program.  Some people refuse to give excuses;  that's what factors, circumstances and reasone are for. See the difference?

If you read the post before you got on here and ran your mouth, it clearly says it is not an excuse and Lehman wrestled his butt off. As a parent of a Reitz wrestler, illness has ran rampant in the wrestling room over the last couple weeks. Yet I promise you none of them are using it as an excuse. Hopefully they can all be as close to 100% as possible come Saturday. At this point in the season, I don't think any wrestler is 100%. Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend!

You just made my point.  NO ONE is 100% right now.  So why bring it up?  Facts are facts, we wrestled like a fourth place team last weekend.  To say otherwise IS making excuses.  It's really simple when you think about it.  And as a parent I would expect you to want to learn the most important lesson of all in the sport your son competes in, no matter WHAT the situation, what issues are, you HAVE to perform.  For someone to show up here and even toss that crap out there is rediculous and belittling to the kids, the coaches, and the program.  Do you honestly think that the flu and other illnesses aren't in every room in the state?  What a clueless joke 

You just made my point.   NO ONE is 100% right now.   So why bring it up?   Facts are facts, we wrestled like a fourth place team last weekend.   To say otherwise IS making excuses.  It's really simple when you think about it.   And as a parent I would expect you to want to learn the most important lesson of all in the sport your son competes in, no matter WHAT the situation, what issues are, you HAVE to perform.   For someone to show up here and even toss that crap out there is rediculous and belittling to the kids, the coaches, and the program.   Do you honestly think that the flu and other illnesses aren't in every room in the state?   What a clueless joke   

You are the joke, sir! I don't see u bashing the people talking about Logan Weddings rib injury. Nobody is making excuses. And I was extremely proud of my son, who in between trips to the bathroom battled his ass off in a 4OT heartbreaking loss. Not once did he complain. Not one excuse. Get a life! 

You just made my point.   NO ONE is 100% right now.   So why bring it up?   Facts are facts, we wrestled like a fourth place team last weekend.   To say otherwise IS making excuses.  It's really simple when you think about it.   And as a parent I would expect you to want to learn the most important lesson of all in the sport your son competes in, no matter WHAT the situation, what issues are, you HAVE to perform.   For someone to show up here and even toss that crap out there is rediculous and belittling to the kids, the coaches, and the program.   Do you honestly think that the flu and other illnesses aren't in every room in the state?   What a clueless joke   

Fan, grow up a little. Kuhn lost fair and square to Mater Dei. I never said he was sick but pointed out the obvious. Reitz has had several kids sick and have had people missing from the lineup as well. Thats not an excuse just a fact. Either way Kuhn did a pretty good job on Brown in their head to head last time when Kuhn won 7-1. I am pretty sure it will be a good match from both this weekend.

I predict Bullet Bob Harmon will extend an olive branch of peace when he sends me the brackets tonight.

I understand that the local stonemasons had the brackets chiseled out last night, but Castle wouldn't splurge for a team of oxen to make the delivery.  A donkey cart is on it way.  Don't wait up.

Panther... calm down, but do to kuhns head to head wins I'd say he is the favorite. .. I didn't see the matches but the score seems to speak for them selfs. Yes its sectionals and the rest of the season doesn't matter but kuhn should be a decent favorite. ..

You are the joke, sir! I don't see u bashing the people talking about Logan Weddings rib injury. Nobody is making excuses. And I was extremely proud of my son, who in between trips to the bathroom battled his ass off in a 4OT heartbreaking loss. Not once did he complain. Not one excuse. Get a life! 

As a Reitz Wrestling parent, I have to say I am REALLY embarrassed by the way many of our supporters act on here.

I don't see what Panterfan78 said as bashing at all.  He pretty much said it as it is.  The statements made may not have been intended as excuses, but I for one thought they sounded that way.  It's not the first time I have heard people whining about kids being sick or hurt and that's why they didn't win.  It embarrasses the kids, the coaches, and the program.  Its just not representative of what I understand as the standards set by the coaches, no excuses and 110% at all times.

As a Reitz Wrestling parent, I have to say I am REALLY embarrassed by the way many of our supporters act on here.

I don't see what Panterfan78 said as bashing at all.  He pretty much said it as it is.   The statements made may not have been intended as excuses, but I for one thought they sounded that way.   It's not the first time I have heard people whining about kids being sick or hurt and that's why they didn't win.  It embarrasses the kids, the coaches, and the program.   Its just not representative of what I understand as the standards set by the coaches, no excuses and 110% at all times.

If you are a Reitz parent then you know they didnt have a full line up. The team wrestled pretty good and was 5 points from placing second. The remarks made were not an excuse and did not come off that way at all. When a "fan" goes on a blog and talks about how the Reitz team wrestled like a 4th place team when they know there was not even a full line up it is insulting at best to the kids that wrestled hard to earn every victory. That was the jist of it. Several of those kids did show up and wrestle sick and to have "pantherfan/basher" from Castle to say otherwise just shows they have no respect for wrestlers. Lehmen wrestled like a state placer and deserves every accolade he gets. That is exactly what I said.

How many "parents" are here from Reitz anyway? I have met most of them and they are all cordial. Me thinks there are some moles on here.

If you are a Reitz parent then you know they didnt have a full line up. The team wrestled pretty good and was 5 points from placing second. The remarks made were not an excuse and did not come off that way at all. When a "fan" goes on a blog and talks about how the Reitz team wrestled like a 4th place team when they know there was not even a full line up it is insulting at best to the kids that wrestled hard to earn every victory. That was the jist of it. Several of those kids did show up and wrestle sick and to have "pantherfan/basher" from Castle to say otherwise just shows they have no respect for wrestlers. Lehmen wrestled like a state placer and deserves every accolade he gets. That is exactly what I said.

How many "parents" are here from Reitz anyway? I have met most of them and they are all cordial. Me thinks there are some moles on here.

The point is, and you and one or two other just aren't getting it, There are no excuses.  Honestly what you posted, and other posts you have made, come across as sour grapes and whining.  I think every team is battling adversity of some type.

Someone who had wrestled before may be aware that excuses, or as you refer to them - explanations - cheapen the efforts of the kids that went out there and gave it their all.  The point is people log on here, run their mouths about being "dominate" and when it doesn't work out, they offer what sounds a lot like excuses.  I am positive the kids work their backsides off, and honestly saying that we lost as a team because we didn't have our stud at whatever weight is basically saying "hey we know Timmy sucks".  You can argue that all you want, but don't think for a second that the kids and coaches read that sort of thing and it paints a huge target on the kid. 

I will agree to disagree.  What you want to think about who is who or from where is all about the world you live in.

Am I a Reitz Parent?  Not currently, but I am an alum of the program, and in my day the wrestlers would have disowned any parent that spoke of our team mates like that.

Not bashing Logan Wedding?  Some how this makes sense to whoever posted it.  Why would I bash a kid that has repeatedly proven he is a warrior and, if what we hear is true, I have all the respect in the world for him showing up and wrestling with the injury he has.  But then the Memorial fans aren't on here going on about any of that now are they?  Get the point?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.