IHSWCA Classed Team Rankings

NickS

These are this week's edition of the classed team rankings. What makes this edition special is that it will it be determining the seeding for our inaugural IHSWCA Team State event. I'd like to send a big thanks to all the coaches who put the time in to vote. As always, these rankings are based on dual strength.

*teams involved in the IHSWCA Team State event.

3a

1. *Perry Meridian

2. *Bloomington South

3. *Franklin

4. *Penn

5. *Evansville Mater Dei

6. Crown Point

7. Warren Central

8. Portage

9. Merrillville

10. Hamilton SE

others receiving votes: *Cathedral, *Center Grove, East Noble, *Elkhart Memorial, Fishers, Floyd Central, Lake Central, Mishawaka, New Palestine, Westfield

2a

1. *Yorktown

2. *Jimtown

3. *Evansville Memorial

4. North Montgomery

5. *Danville

6. *Heritage Hills

7. Leo

8. Jasper

9t. Belmont

9t. *Culver Academy

others receiving votes: Benton Central, Hanover Central, *Muncie Southside, New Prairie, Peru, *Southmont, Twin Lakes

1a

1. *Adams Central

2. Fremont

3. *Churubusco

4. *South Adams

5. North White

6. North Miami

7. North Newton

8. Fountain Central

9. *Milan

10. *Prairie Heights

others receiving votes: Alexandria, *Bremen, *Cass, Clinton Central, Paoli, *South Putnam, Southridge, Triton Central, Union County, Winchester

Nick Strub

based on these rankings, i would have to say that the format that was used to determine who is in team state was pretty darn accurate......it was complicated to compile in a sense, but it worked for the most part......

A. These are rankings based on votes from around the state. Many of the coaches went off last year's ratings for this event and with a lack of matches these haven't changed much.

B. It is still very early in the season there are many teams with less than 10 matches in

C. There have been a few of these teams that have dropped matches to teams not in the team state event.

With that said, Adams Central should steamroll the competition in 1A and I would be very surprised if anyone gets withing 20 points of them.

In 2A it will be a three way battle between Yorktown, Evansville Memorial and Jimtown. It will come down to match-ups and if everyone is healthy.

In 3A, two words, Perry Meridian.

based on these rankings, i would have to say that the format that was used to determine who is in team state was pretty darn accurate......it was complicated to compile in a sense, but it worked for the most part......

Yes with the IHSWCA selection criteria worked as well as could be expected.  I am proud of all the guys that have worked to make this event happen.  Nothing is ever perfect but if you never start the race you can never compete.  This will be a great starting point for this event.

A. These are rankings based on votes from around the state. Many of the coaches went off last year's ratings for this event and with a lack of matches these haven't changed much.

B. It is still very early in the season there are many teams with less than 10 matches in

C. There have been a few of these teams that have dropped matches to teams not in the team state event.

With that said, Adams Central should steamroll the competition in 1A and I would be very surprised if anyone gets withing 20 points of them.

In 2A it will be a three way battle between Yorktown, Evansville Memorial and Jimtown. It will come down to match-ups and if everyone is healthy.

In 3A, two words, Perry Meridian.

Your three points are all very solid.  We can't make a true evaluation until the end of the season. 

My own thought: Wow, is 1A a mess to separate teams.  If you've got 2 key injuries, you're literally 10 points worse...this is not true in the other classes, so it's been crazy seeing duals results come in so far.  The scores from the state series suggested there was very little separating the top 20 teams--and that has definitely been true so far.

Y2,Maligned, and tskin you seem to have hit the nail on the head so to speak. Although, Y2, I'm not sure about that 20 points. Maligned, I agree, 1A is so much more volatile from week to week and season to season. Rep's vote local loyalties,friendships, and even relatives. At least you appear to have tried to do your homework as opposed to flipping a coin; thank you for that. The only team we look to with real angst is Adams Central (not meaning to slight any program). My coaches have already called me questioning South Adams being above us and I've told them Cass and Prarie Heights are probably asking why Milan is above them. a single match may seperate 2nd through 8th.

As for Milan - Thank you all for your effort. We are very proud that we have been selected to represent our area and will do our very best (as I'm sure all others will do). A special thanks from the small schools for all you have done. An EXCELLENT beginning.   P.S. if 3A and 1A are on adjoining mats, try to keep a sense of humor at times.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.