Kral

fay

Congrats to Kral !!!! You did it and deserve it. 

People on here are acting like they did nothing but stand around.  I wasn't there but I am sure both were working hard to get the vistory.  I don't know how many of you wrestled at 220 or HWt, but it is completely different than the lower weights.  If you don't get a clean shot in at that weight, then you have a huge, strong body all over your neck and shoulders. NOT FUN.  So why would anyone try to take a shot without perfect position first????  Those hand battles and head position may be dull for spectator, but when you are in there it is entense, brutal, and tiring. The fact of the matter is that it may not be "entertaining" to the crowd, but the competitors know what they have to do to get the job done.  I am sure both wrestlers left that match exhausted. 

I agree 100%. Think of it this way, if you were his coach would you want your wrestler to go out there and entertain the fans or try to win a state title

After watching the Kral/Gallegos match video, Kral took 5 shots to Gallegos's 2.  It looked like every time kral tried to get an underhook in Gallegos would back up.  Agreed that Kral came forward alot but Gallegos did nothing in return.  Both wrestlers tried thier hardest and left it all on the mat.  2weeks ago Gallegos was the victor, this week Kral was, who knows what would happen the week ater that.  Both are true champions of the sport.

I honestly couldn't tell you much that happened in the match.  I was too caught up analyzing the singlet design. But, Kral was using the same gameplan/style all weekend so it's not like anything he did in the finals was out of the ordinary.  Though it may not have been the most entertaining style he did find an approach that allowed him to weather the 220 weightclass and come out the winner.

After watching the Kral/Gallegos match video, Kral took 5 shots to Gallegos's 2.  It looked like every time kral tried to get an underhook in Gallegos would back up.  Agreed that Kral came forward alot but Gallegos did nothing in return.  Both wrestlers tried thier hardest and left it all on the mat.  2weeks ago Gallegos was the victor, this week Kral was, who knows what would happen the week ater that.  Both are true champions of the sport.

Obviously we watched two different matches.  I saw Gallegos with 9 times making an attempt to get to legs and Kral one attempt to get to legs.  Gallegos did back up during the match but I am not sure he had much of an option -collar tie and far wrist control along with 6'3 vs 5'10 but if you look closely Gallegos is always pushing back trying to not go backwards, he really just didn't have much of an option.  Gallegos wrestled 48 matches this year I don't think he was warned for stalling once in the previous 47 matches.  3 stalling calls in the state finals! I am defending Gallegos and not taking anything away from Kral who wrestled a smart match and I am sure Kral would have rather had the outcome be decided by the wrestlers other than an interpretation/opinion of an official. 

Obviously we watched two different matches.  I saw Gallegos with 9 times making an attempt to get to legs and Kral one attempt to get to legs.  Gallegos did back up during the match but I am not sure he had much of an option -collar tie and far wrist control along with 6'3 vs 5'10 but if you look closely Gallegos is always pushing back trying to not go backwards, he really just didn't have much of an option.  Gallegos wrestled 48 matches this year I don't think he was warned for stalling once in the previous 47 matches.  3 stalling calls in the state finals! I am defending Gallegos and not taking anything away from Kral who wrestled a smart match and I am sure Kral would have rather had the outcome be decided by the wrestlers other than an interpretation/opinion of an official. 

How was it not decided by the wrestler?  Gallegos knew he was down and didn't make a strong enough move to get a takedown to take the lead.  I am sure he tried to take Kral down but Kral out wrestled him.

Just watched this finals match, after having previously watching Kral's semi finals match.  I'm not a rules expert or anything but if what Kral did in these two matches is not stalling, there needs to be a rule change.  He did little more than push his opponet backwards with almost no attempt at actually scoring. 

I just watched the Kral/Gallegos match again, and from an unbiased perspective, I counted 9 shot attempts by Gallegos and 3 by Kral. In the last 2 periods, when Gallegos got 2 stalling calls, he took 6 shot attempts. Whereas in the entire last two periods, Kral attempted 1 and only got 1 stalling call. Personally found the 2 points for Kral somewhat bogus considering Gallegos couldn't do much while being pushed the entire match, but still tried 9 shot attempts. But hey, Kral did what he needed to do to win and I guess that's all that really matters. Congrats on Kral for being a state champion and good work to Gallegos for making it that far.

Just watched this finals match, after having previously watching Kral's semi finals match.  I'm not a rules expert or anything but if what Kral did in these two matches is not stalling, there needs to be a rule change.  He did little more than push his opponet backwards with almost no attempt at actually scoring. 

But Gallegos was backing up the whole time we all know an official is gonna call someone for backing up every time. Kral wrestled smart he seemed to use that strategy throughout the tournament and it obviously worked

But Gallegos was backing up the whole time we all know an official is gonna call someone for backing up every time. Kral wrestled smart he seemed to use that strategy throughout the tournament and it obviously worked

He wasn't backing up, he was being pushed. There is a large difference between the two.

Give Kral his credit he won state that's more then most of us can say. As for saying they were bad calls I was always told to not let it be put in the refs hand to decide the match. Gallegos should have been pressuring back more and working his own ties rather then letting Kral control the entire match. Good Job Kral!!!

Give Kral his credit he won state that's more then most of us can say. As for saying they were bad calls I was always told to not let it be put in the refs hand to decide the match. Gallegos should have been pressuring back more and working his own ties rather then letting Kral control the entire match. Good Job Kral!!!

IF you watch the match i tried circling back in everytime! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.