• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Harvey WBD 3-2

2nd Johnson

3rd Robinson WBF

4th Nicholson

Johnson and Harvey scoreless through 1st period. Johnson down and escapes quickly, leads 1-0. Neither kid able to do much in neutral. Harvey down to start 3rd, escapes 1-1. Neutral, both very cautious. Harvey deep on a single...takedown, leads 3-1, wins 3-2. Harvey impressively keeps his perfect record heading to state

What happened to from the ticket round, Reidling 152 Warren Central vs. Clinkscales N.C.?  Did he just get worked.  He has been dominate pinning a lot of the field sectionals pinned everyone.  Regionals pinned everyone but in the finals.  

What happened to from the ticket round, Reidling 152 Warren Central vs. Clinkscales N.C.?  Did he just get worked.  He has been dominate pinning a lot of the field sectionals pinned everyone.  Regionals pinned everyone but in the finals.  

He and Clinkscales were each on their back during a flurry and Clinkscales just ended up on top. It was pretty surprising. Riedling is a pinner and is very funky but sometimes the funk has consequences

lecount 4-3...one 2xer down one to go. any details of the match?

Great match.  LeCount wrestled a very disciplined and smart match.  In fact, was in twice deep and would have finished if he had a few more feet of real estate to work with.  People argued the reversal at the end of the first but was a good call and a no brainer.  The point Phillips got for fleeing was also a correct call.  He was practically trying to jump out of bounds to avoid a takedown.  Textbook fleeing.  There was also a close takedown by Phillips but absolutely no control as they went out of bounds.  The official (Keith Mumaw) is one of the best officials in the state and called this one absolutely correctly as he usually does.  I am an unbiased observer who just saw two great wrestlers go at it.  LeCount is the real deal and is only going to get better as he matures.

Will be an interesting Friday night match whoever Phillips draws.  How would you like to win your semi-state and look at Phillips as your reward?  I think both LeCount and Phillips will make some noise next Friday/ Saturday at Conseco....I mean Bankers Life....Just doesn't have the same ring to it :)

Great match.  LeCount wrestled a very disciplined and smart match.  In fact, was in twice deep and would have finished if he had a few more feet of real estate to work with.  People argued the reversal at the end of the first but was a good call and a no brainer.  The point Phillips got for fleeing was also a correct call.  He was practically trying to jump out of bounds to avoid a takedown.  Textbook fleeing.  There was also a close takedown by Phillips but absolutely no control as they went out of bounds.  The official (Keith Mumaw) is one of the best officials in the state and called this one absolutely correctly as he usually does.  I am an unbiased observer who just saw two great wrestlers go at it.  LeCount is the real deal and is only going to get better as he matures.

Will be an interesting Friday night match whoever Phillips draws.  How would you like to win your semi-state and look at Phillips as your reward?  I think both LeCount and Phillips will make some noise next Friday/ Saturday at Conseco....I mean Bankers Life....Just doesn't have the same ring to it :)

I have to agree with this assessment of the match. In fact, when they landed out of bounds; both wrestlers feet were in the air, so technically not any part of either wrestler was in bounds.

I thought the call for Phillips fleeing the mat was absolutely correct, but I don't know how they just let LeCount run around for the last 10 seconds of the match with no call at all. For those of you who saw it, there was no question, he was literally running around in circles to avoid any contact. That was cheap, and a bad way to end a good match.

I thought the call for Phillips fleeing the mat was absolutely correct, but I don't know how they just let LeCount run around for the last 10 seconds of the match with no call at all. For those of you who saw it, there was no question, he was literally running around in circles to avoid any contact. That was cheap, and a bad way to end a good match.

This is pretty accurate as well. LeCount was literally running at the end, more like 4 or 5 seconds though. Cheap may be too strong, but at the very least...unsightly and risky considering LeCount had been cautioned for stalling. Official could have very easily (even should have?) awarded the point for stalling and tied up the match.

This is pretty accurate as well. LeCount was literally running at the end, more like 4 or 5 seconds though. Cheap may be too strong, but at the very least...unsightly and risky considering LeCount had been cautioned for stalling. Official could have very easily (even should have?) awarded the point for stalling and tied up the match.

The only stall call came with 2 seconds left in the match

Rob Leavitt? Panther Pride? Thanks for the insight. Wish I could have been there. Benny was probably going nuts!!

The only stall call came with 2 seconds left in the match

That's correct and makes more sense of LeCount's running...he knew he wouldn't be giving up a point. Phillips was taking so many shots, I thought he may have gotten cautioned earlier.

Very exciting match. Two great wrestlers.

Willis was leading when he first hurt himself. Tried to continue and Masengale tied it up 4-4 and then he couldn't continue.

How do you hurt yourself?  Tyler shoulder got injured and Masengale took advantage of it.  Two good wrestlers.  Hopefully Tyler's shoulder gets better for next week.

I was at the semi state and the Phillips LeCount match was very intense. Both are very good technical wrestlers and both are smart. LeCount could've gotten dinged for stalling but I think that he only got a warning in those last two seconds. Does anyone know what happened to Phillips?  Also the Winfield vs Bernard match was very good. Two really good friends and wrestlers who might see eachother underneath the lights at Conseco. (I refuse to call it Bankers Life) The Willis Masengale match was very good and suspenseful. For a moment it looked like Willis was going for the tech, but I think once Masengale tried to throw him he was more defensive than offensive. One of those throws landed Tyler on his head, I think, and he appearently hurt his left arm. Does anyone know? All I have to say about Harvey and Johnson is that, That is a match-up for the ages and a good rivalry. Definetly State Finals material. We, as Perry Meridian, could see them in the finals at the last ever IHSAA Team State.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.