Could this be the year? A female makes it to state?

lpd096

She did get a great draw. We prayed about it and it happened....enough said. Lets not forget last years absolutely horrible draw into Micic (by the way I just love that kid). Last year she would have qualified for state out of any other Semi-state......she drops a heartbreaker in Regional finals 1-0 for her first loss of season, gets a terrible draw losses to Micic, deals with it, and presses on. Goes on to have a great summer of wrestling. Someday the behind the scenes story of Kayla Miracle will be known and most of you will be amazed at how hard she has worked her whole life and the adversity she has been through......especially this year. Her draw as a close friend of mine says......."It's providence".

By the way....someone asked if Kayla will be at 106 next year.......not a chance! She is putting on more and more muscle and the weight is already becoming an issue.

I do a thorough analytical look at my own kids weight classes each year around Sectionals time. It is basically a report looking at a specific weight class and a specific wrestlers chances of getting to state. I also break down and rank the Semi-states based on current rankings. It is kind of geeky but, if you love wrestling you would understand. It takes me about 4 hours to write it but in the end it's comprehensive. Someone smarter could do it faster....as another friend of mine says "We are a little slower down south"  I share it with my friends that love wrestling. If anyone is interested in it so they can break it down for their own kids I will provide

as a template. In the end though we can plan all we want but, our plan really doesn't matter....God's got it covered.

Does Kayla have a chance to wrestle at the Olympics this summer?  I would love to see that happen.

I am sure you don't remember this but my son Jack started wrestling just before his 6th grade year.  He was

fortunate enough to start out with Chad Red.  His 3rd match ever was against Kayla.  I bring it up to them every-time I

get a chance.  Because there were at least 3 other kids that were much better wrestlers,  wrestling for Red C0bra at the time.

None of them wanted anything to do with Kayla!  What a way to start your career.

To be eligible for this year's Olympic team, a female must turn 18 years old before Dec. 31, 2012.

Therefore, Kayla is not eligible to try out for this year's squad.

Here are the requirements:

http://www.themat.com/forms/2012WomenCriteria.pdf

Now, looking ahead, 2016 could certainly be her year.

We should cheer for Sarah Hildebrandt to make it this year, and both of them to go in 2016!

The 2016 Olympics are in Rio de Janeiro. As if anybody needed another reason to go to Rio!

I bet if you took a look at 2004 Olympic Freestyle Silver Medalist, and current ranked 9th in the world Pro Fighter(probably higher then 9th now bc she just recently beat the #5 girl like a read headed step child) you'd think twice about all boys having more muscle mass then girls  ;D  Good luck to all the Semi-State competitors this weekend!!  Good luck to Ms. Miracle as well!

http://wombatsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/283428_191827977545669_100001554035847_546558_7684438_n.jpg

Ervin from Crown Point beat Truver from Lake Central 11-4 at the dual meet,

but at the Team state dual Ervin got stuck and was pinned by Truver.  Coach

was so mad he wrestled a JV kid against Merrillville's Garza.  The JV kid did a great

job and didn't even give up a major against highly ranked Garza.

I am not going to lie my family cheers for kayla all the time. Hell sometimes even when she is wrestling my kid. I holler kick his butt kayla along with a few other words. Tyler and her has had quite a few battles, going both way, for many years. My son gets a little physical sometimes and she step it up and gives it back. You do not go out and wrestle her as a girl  ..........she is an opponent.

She has trained her butt off since very  young to get here. And now it is her time to reap some of the rewards. Kayla u keep it gong the way it is, you will be the first to go through the door, others had it open but couldn 't enter the time is now and on the other side of that door it is full of family, friends, teammates, and a bunch of fans cheering for ya. It is your time be smart go hard and refuse to lose cause we are waiting for ya on the other side of the door. We will be down in evansville but u will probaly hear us cheering for ya. Good Luck Girl  and go kick some @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The  Fleeners

I am surprised people actually think she should be wrestling girls???  Girls have been wrestling in HS for years!  Get over it and stop hating! 

I hope to see Kayla make it to state and transfer down south! lol

To be eligible for this year's Olympic team, a female must turn 18 years old before Dec. 31, 2012.

Therefore, Kayla is not eligible to try out for this year's squad.

Here are the requirements:

http://www.themat.com/forms/2012WomenCriteria.pdf

Now, looking ahead, 2016 could certainly be her year.

We should cheer for Sarah Hildebrandt to make it this year, and both of them to go in 2016!

The 2016 Olympics are in Rio de Janeiro. As if anybody needed another reason to go to Rio!

You are absolutely correct.....she could do the trials if she was 16 with a Dr's physical and approval but, unfortunately she does not turn 16 until a week or so after the last trials qualifier. We have looked at this very closely wanting to at least get the exposure this cycle but, it just won't happen. Her World Team coaches and Terry Steiner (Woman's Olympic Head Coach) all feel it is best to let Kayla mature and excel nationally and internationally at her age group (Cadet). I agree with them. she really wants that World Title this year......she was not happy with 8th last year. It is driving her right now.

I hope Sarah kicks butt this year! Kayla and Sarah are good friends and being together in Rio would be incredible.

I am not going to lie my family cheers for kayla all the time. Hell sometimes even when she is wrestling my kid. I holler kick his butt kayla along with a few other words. Tyler and her has had quite a few battles, going both way, for many years. My son gets a little physical sometimes and she step it up and gives it back. You do not go out and wrestle her as a girl   ..........she is an opponent.

She has trained her butt off since very  young to get here. And now it is her time to reap some of the rewards. Kayla u keep it gong the way it is, you will be the first to go through the door, others had it open but couldn 't enter the time is now and on the other side of that door it is full of family, friends, teammates, and a bunch of fans cheering for ya. It is your time be smart go hard and refuse to lose cause we are waiting for ya on the other side of the door. We will be down in evansville but u will probaly hear us cheering for ya. Good Luck Girl  and go kick some @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The  Fleeners

Thanks Fleener's! We have enjoyed the battles with Tyler over the years. Tyler, Tommy Cash, and Stevan Micic have been throwing tough matches at Kayla for years and years. Thank you for always wrestling her and treating her like a regular opponent. You guys are a big part of her development.

I am surprised people actually think she should be wrestling girls???  Girls have been wrestling in HS for years!  Get over it and stop hating!  

I hope to see Kayla make it to state and transfer down south! lol

Hating?? What makes you think it's about hating? That's a pretty strong word. She is an awesome competitor but let's face it she's a girl/women first. This is a double edge sword for anyone that finds it unnatural for women to be wrestling men. I happen to be one of them. But I surely don't hate. That doesn't mean I don't wish her luck, or that I'm not in awe of her ability to compete with boys. I would love to see an Olympian form our state. God bless her for her hard work and desire to excel. I would think that her family has dealt with these issues from the start. They seem to be a good Christian family that would understand others right to their belief, as we do theirs, and respect that without needing to say it's about hating.

I'm sure there are many wrestling families who have had wrestling as be a big part of their lives, with girls in the family, and would never consider letting their girls wrestle. We are one of those families. But there is nothing to get over and we don't hate.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.