Jeffersonville regional

wrestlinggod

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.... I'm going to the wrong Regional tomorrow. Hey tskin, I need to go and scout tomorrow.

I would highly advise you to sit on my side cause I will come out the winner is something goes down!  That is a PROMISE!! 

my coaching staff consists of-

i was a regional qualifier

my head assistant was a state qualifier

my 2 middle school coaches neither made it out of sectional

and I have a volunteer who went to semistate

not much to speak of, but I think we do an ok job

My vote is on Marler's mom on this one! Known the lady personally for many years and know the story behind the move.  I personally think her son is a terrific kid and he deserves to be respected just has he has always showed respect to his opponents.  Did anyone read this kids article in the Courier this past Sunday. He openly admitted that he underestimated his competition and came out a little over confident. Gave his opponents credit for their strength and abilities.  That's a sign of of great wrestler / kid that has been brought up the right way. I know for a fact they struggled with the desicion to move for over a year, finally when her mom got too sick the family sat down and made the decision together. Kudos to the FC team for welcoming the kid in and giving him his shot.  The FC team has never been anything by polite and courteous to me and as Paula said in her post we have sat and had dinner with them numerous times because she has booked or rooms during off season meets for years.  Personally, I know my son has no hard feeling about the boys who left to go to FC!  I'll continue to hollar for a great wrestler anyday and that's what Tre Marler is a great wrestler and a top notch kid. Go Teen Idol!

Here we are the day before regionals and we are talking about a talented wrestler that transferred at the beginning of the season?  We should be discussing the matches, the possible upsets, and the talent that we will have the opportunity to watch tomorrow on the mat.  Many of these kids will reach a goal, a milestone that they haven't reached before, many will continue a streak they've had for a few years and take another trip to the semi-state. . . This is the real news and discussion areas folks.  Every kid on the mat tomorrow has worked hard and deserves our support.  I hope the fans, coaches and wrestlers show  the class and sportsmanship that the sport of wrestling deserves.   

Here we are the day before regionals and we are talking about a talented wrestler that transferred at the beginning of the season?   We should be discussing the matches, the possible upsets, and the talent that we will have the opportunity to watch tomorrow on the mat.   Many of these kids will reach a goal, a milestone that they haven't reached before, many will continue a streak they've had for a few years and take another trip to the semi-state. . . This is the real news and discussion areas folks.  Every kid on the mat tomorrow has worked hard and deserves our support.  I hope the fans, coaches and wrestlers show  the class and sportsmanship that the sport of wrestling deserves.   

Agreed!!  Discussion over!!

Hey everyone, you know that Marler kid? Guess what I heard? LOL! Kidding, really I am! I am familiar with the animosity between New Albany and Floyd Central, gotta say, I've seen some bad blood between Troutman and Burres. Looked like someone was upset and wouldn't shake Burres' hand after a match. Don't know the story, don't care to make assumptions. Don't think there was any love lost there though.

In all honesty, A win for FC, NA or Jeff is a win for southern Indiana wrestling and God knows we need some bragging rights. Good luck to all you guys, we're proud of you, and we stand behind you 100% no matter the school!  ;D

In all honesty, A win for FC, NA or Jeff is a win for southern Indiana wrestling and God knows we need some bragging rights. Good luck to all you guys, we're proud of you, and we stand behind you 100% no matter the school!   ;D

I agree. We need to shoe the state there are good quality wrestlers in this part of Indiana also.

LOL....Donnie (or anyone else for that matter) you don't have to hold back just because I'm a girl for crying out loud!  I don't believe I complained because it was loud....I'm kindof used to that since all five  of my kids have been involved in some aspect of the sport for the last eight years.  Loud isn't the issue, ignorance is!  It is one thing for two young men to step on the mat and compete....it is another when an entire room full of spectators is screaming matside and doing fistpumps when they beat a kid.  Seriously?  FC guy...I'm not sure which one you are, but yes YOUR comment was offensive as I didn't mention anyone but you and the revenge comment so I don't see what the "next" comment had to do with anything.  You said Bailey was "broken" that is pretty plain and simple....if you didn't mean it the way it sounds to ALL of our parents then maybe you should think before you speak. And just because a call doesn't get made doesn't make it right...bad calls are made every week but it is in the officials hands.  I don't care who you are...or any of the rest of the Donnies who would like to tell me "how it really is on the mat" because we don't teach our kids that way.  We teach respect, sportsmanship and hard work...and that's why you will ALWAYS see our kids shake hands with the other kids' coaches no matter if the other kids do it or not! These are KIDS above and beyond being some trophy you coaches stick in your cases and NO ONE should talk about them being broken like they are some lame horse that needs to be put down.  It's all good...I know you boys make your predictions and puff out your chests EVERY year, and normally I just sit back and laugh and silently make fun of those who care just a little too much about winning.  I see parents every weekend (and coaches) yelling at their kids, making them run laps when they lose, and belittling them in front of others and it makes me sick.  That's why my kids are where they are...they are there to do their best, be a part of a family and root each other on.  Some win, some lose....but we will NEVER put one of the kids down (or any of yours for that matter).  I WILL have a great time this weekend...thank you...I"m sure we all will...the difference is that you guys are going to continue to make comments about the mouthy mom who doesn't know anything about "real wrestling" and I am not going to give you  a second thought when I walk through the door because it's just that trivial.  I cannot change a lifetime of learned caveman behavior...I can merely teach my boys better.

I wonder what songs will be played at regionals.  I must admit the wrestlers showing they have more than a power half on the mat lighten the mood last weekend.  It showed how they compete on the mat but after the match is over they are truly all friends for the most part.  It has been my observation as a water boy that the parents take things harder then the actual athletes.  kind of feeling like a lot of people are taking comments on here too seriously.  Some for good reason and some just to get things going.  Try to take the high road as hard as that may be at times.  I look forward to a great show of hard work tomorrow. 

And let me suggest to who ever plays the ceremonial song when the wrestlers are announced.... All of the lights Kanye West...

oh and to who ever suggested pour some sugar on me for a song at state.... I truly hope you were joking... really, pour some sugar on me at a wrestling competition.  WOW!

Sometimes as a parent you have to make tough decisions for your family, that may or not be easy and often times they effect more than just you thats part of life..  So what if a kid switched schools and whos care for what reason, that his family's decision to make..  He's a talented wrestler and I hope he goes far a represents and I know that if he does he will represent FC and Southern Indiana very well..

This time of year we should be banding together and hope the area wrestlers go far and represent "our" part of the state very well! 

Man I was the last person who thought they could get a Kum by Ya out of a group of wrestling fans. If you haven't figured it out by now wrestling is a love hate sport. We have a mom laying it all out and Kendrick saying we need to band together. I'm not sure if tomorrow we will see a repeat of the 94 regional or a group hug.  I hope everyone enjoies themselves tomorrow it will be fun. 

LOL! Too funny Donnie! Not often FC, NA, and Jeff people aren't at each others throats. Really though, it's about time we come together. Now that we have no Elementary school sports our high school programs had better come together, get out and spend some time in clubs, recruiting young kids and doing whatever we can because the next few years could be awfully lean otherwise. The middle school guys coming up now and the next year or 2 are all we have in the pipeline, starting to look really slim. It's a shame too ya know, cause we have a great group of coaches in Sisson, Burres, Binkley and Struck! They've done alot for the sport here in Southern Indiana.

Wow, Paula I have a feeling I will be in your shoes next year. I don't have a dog in this fight but I will say that The Marlers are a class act. I have never seen anyone so dedicated to this sport or their kid and I am proud to call them my friends! I will be at regionals tomorrow and you will hear me cheering for kids from Jeff, NA, Floyd and New Wash. Why? Because first and foremost, they are great kids! We have met some of the most awesome people over the course of the past several years, and it's all because of wrestling.

Just a side note...what is up with the FC kids not shaking the coaches hands? :-X

Okay I am calmed down! Thanks all for the kind words for my son and family! I appreciate all of  the phone calls, emails, and messages from Jeff friends and others who truly know us! Let the drama end and the wrestling begin!! Good luck boys!! Wrestle hard Wrestle smart! I apologize for any indiscretions in my earlier rant! It's all good!! Rest Easy, Coach!

This could go on forever, but I am almost done.

I don't NOT like the "Floyd boys", it's just I appreciate it when the athletes are allowed to compete and not get pulled into recruitment.  And, you're right TACO BELL, we will never know and neither will Coach Burris.  I hate to play the "That's not Fair" card, but it's not fair.  Let's be honest...it happens.  I'm not singling-out anyone in particular and, yes, last year Jeff won because of a HWT move in?  Do you want to go there?  How about the 3 move in?s Floyd had from New Albany this year?  There's a saying about living in glass houses and throwing stones...hmmmm interesting.  2011 ? 277 to 223 - Jeff had 9 champs; 2010- 283 to 208 ? Jeff had 8 champs.  And although FC did have a #1 seed out injured (Honestly I do feel bad for any kid in that situation.  I mean that with all the sincerity I have.), Jeff had a kid out too that was a #2 seed (Coureur kid ? broke his hand the week of sectionals)

Yes, Floyd is rebuilding and that's what makes sports great.  Rivalry has been around for years.  We watch sports because seeing teams battle to be the best makes for an amazing day.  

Win with your kids, or lose with your kids.  When you, as a coach, get to coach at the collegiate or professional level, then you can recruit until you puke.  In elementary, middle, and high school, whether you like it or not, they are YOUR kids and, if I were a coach, I would want to lose with my kids rather than scramble to pull in others that are better, and deflate the hopes and dreams of the young man (or lady) who has been working their tale off to get a top spot and then finds out a kid has moved in and taken their position.  How many kids do we know who, once given that great moment of opportunity, shined and proved everyone they were great?  You put out YOUR 14 and I'll put out MY 14, and we will see what happens.  I don't want to appear desperate by recruiting.

Questions to ponder: What is this about people?  Is it winning?  Right, that's it.  It's all about winning.  Maybe I'm old school.  Maybe I feel that instilling honesty, integrity, hard work, determination, good sportsmanship, humility, friendship, loyalty, togetherness, toughness, mental preparation, etc...maybe, just maybe, I think those things are the most important thing here.  Maybe I think that's what it's all about.  If you want to win, then by all means, fill your roster with all the best athletes you can find.  If you want to compete, then let's compete.

As for myself, I would make my kids into men and that, my friends, would win me more than anything you could ever dream of.  And I would always, always win...

Discussion over...for me anyways.  Tomorrow will show and the chips will fall where they may.  Each team has awesome atheltes and each team (and coaches) should be proud of their atheltes and do all they can to get them to the next level.  We need to show that Southern Indiana can bring it to state!

Can u hear the crickets?

I would like to say that no coach recruited these boys.  Ask the boys or their parents themselves (if u are man enough).  theses family made a perfectly legal decision on their own for different reasons.  I bet they were enrolled in their new school before coaches even knew.  I dont think u should be on here saying they were receuited when u know nothing about the situation.

Onxe again someone has tarnished the good program coach steuck has built. I bet he is peoud of u right now.

Good luck Jeff sectional tomorrow.  Dont leave anything in the wrastlin room.

This could go on forever, but I am almost done.

I don't NOT like the "Floyd boys", it's just I appreciate it when the athletes are allowed to compete and not get pulled into recruitment.  And, you're right TACO BELL, we will never know and neither will Coach Burris.  I hate to play the "That's not Fair" card, but it's not fair.  Let's be honest...it happens.  I'm not singling-out anyone in particular and, yes, last year Jeff won because of a HWT move in?  Do you want to go there?  How about the 3 move in’s Floyd had from New Albany this year?  There's a saying about living in glass houses and throwing stones...hmmmm interesting.  2011 – 277 to 223 - Jeff had 9 champs; 2010- 283 to 208 – Jeff had 8 champs.  And although FC did have a #1 seed out injured (Honestly I do feel bad for any kid in that situation.  I mean that with all the sincerity I have.), Jeff had a kid out too that was a #2 seed (Coureur kid – broke his hand the week of sectionals)

Yes, Floyd is rebuilding and that's what makes sports great.  Rivalry has been around for years.  We watch sports because seeing teams battle to be the best makes for an amazing day. 

Win with your kids, or lose with your kids.  When you, as a coach, get to coach at the collegiate or professional level, then you can recruit until you puke.  In elementary, middle, and high school, whether you like it or not, they are YOUR kids and, if I were a coach, I would want to lose with my kids rather than scramble to pull in others that are better, and deflate the hopes and dreams of the young man (or lady) who has been working their tale off to get a top spot and then finds out a kid has moved in and taken their position.  How many kids do we know who, once given that great moment of opportunity, shined and proved everyone they were great?  You put out YOUR 14 and I'll put out MY 14, and we will see what happens.  I don't want to appear desperate by recruiting.

Questions to ponder: What is this about people?  Is it winning?  Right, that's it.  It's all about winning.  Maybe I'm old school.  Maybe I feel that instilling honesty, integrity, hard work, determination, good sportsmanship, humility, friendship, loyalty, togetherness, toughness, mental preparation, etc...maybe, just maybe, I think those things are the most important thing here.  Maybe I think that's what it's all about.  If you want to win, then by all means, fill your roster with all the best athletes you can find.  If you want to compete, then let's compete.

As for myself, I would make my kids into men and that, my friends, would win me more than anything you could ever dream of.  And I would always, always win...

Discussion over...for me anyways.  Tomorrow will show and the chips will fall where they may.  Each team has awesome atheltes and each team (and coaches) should be proud of their atheltes and do all they can to get them to the next level.  We need to show that Southern Indiana can bring it to state!

Well done, Red Devil you are one clever guy. Floyd Central has been recruiting kids for years. I hear those 3 move in's are actually being paid to show up on saturday and wrestle. They don't even practice with the rest of the team. In reality those kids have nothing to do with the program.....

This whole thing is a joke right?

I can't imagine how anyone who is around the Jeff program as much as you obviously are could really believe any of that nonsense. So I am just going to assume you are messing with us. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.