Jeffersonville regional

wrestlinggod

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son was the HWT for Jeff last year know one new he was there till first day of school he went there becouse of a family issue that im not going to air over the internet. But anyone wanting to discuss this issur i will be at the Jeff regional tomorrow in the stands with my Jeff famiily. As far as coach struck goes he has a great program and goes above and beyond for his wrestlers. I grew up in Iowa and wrestled in Iowa and Jeffs program is like being back home they do it right hard work and sweat to all the wrestlers in the area good luck tomorrow

Ok you named the coaches from Jeff and their state place finishers.  There are more schools there than Jeff and Floyd. Let's see if someone can name some more

We are the smallest school there and only one of the coaching staff has been out of sectional and he has only been there this year and we have three kids at regionals. The past winnings of the coach has nothing to do with want to of the kids. Once you start the state run it is flip of the coin each weekend!

No one ever said it was. I was trying to have some fun to see if all the"fans" knew any wrestling history. Apparently one individual who we won't name thought is was a good idea to twist it all around at point the finger else where. You se where that got em. Your right it is up to the wrestler. Some need to work on reading comprehension instead of reading between the lines. Nice work bud

106 Kennedy over Burton - Kennedy looked tough all day.

113 Lahue over Whitley - Lahue looked great all day. Whitley was close a couple of times but Lahue countered very well. One of the best freshman in a long time.

120 Shepherd over Popp - Shepherd was in a league of his own.

126 Jamison over Meenach - Meenach got high on a ride and pinned. He had a great semi-final with Schremp.

132 Marler over Chavez - Marler goes as hard as anyone out there.

138 Lost my bracket...Meza over Jasper

145 Mundy over Emily in a 1-0 match

152 Burnette over Browner - Very impressed with Burnette - 2 pins and was pretty dominate over Browner

160 Abel over Kreilein - The freshman was impressive today but FP pulled out the win.

170 Marlin over Hall in the match of the day. Final overtime Marlin rode him out. The place was going nuts as the momentum went back and forth. I hated to see this one end.

182 Randall over McCutcheon by pin. McCutcheon looked good early on but got caught on his back.

195 Curtley over Valenciano. Curtley was tough all day as well.

220 Andrey over Brown. Brown pinned Ottersbach in the semis. Andrey is a big guy.

285 Phillips over Honaker. Phillips isn't a big heavyweight but he is smooth. He gets a lot of takedowns for a heavy.

FC - 3 champs

Jeff - 3 champs

Mitchell - 2 champs

Forest Park - 1 champ

Paoli - 1 champ

New Albany - 1 champ

Corydon - 1 champ

Southridge - 1 champ

Washington - 1 champ

There are several kids here that could go to state. It will be interesting to see the draws. Overall it was a great day of wrestling with a lot of close matches. Best of luck to everyone at Evansville!

This seems like the closest these two sectionals have been in years.  Here are my much anticipated picks.

Kennedy - Floyd    Shouldn't have many problems with this group.  4/4 0nly missed the placement with Nawl over Lynch

Burton - Paoli

Lynch - New Albany

Nawl - Vincennes Lincoln

Lahue - Corydon   1-1 on the year now with Whitley, I wouldn't  bet against the freshman this weekend.  4/4 even nailed the order  Bailey is a stud. Guess he isnt broken afterall

Whitley - Floyd

Schitter - Jasper

Graber - Washington

Shepherd - Jeff   If he breaks a sweat, it will be during his warmups.  2/4  got the finals right

Popp - Floyd

Eckert - Jasper

Ramirez - Southridge

Jamison - New Albany   Deep class of good wrestlers.  I'll take the one with a chip on his shoulder from last week.    4/4 missed the order a bit, meenachs win over schremp was a great match to watch

Schremp - Jeff

Meenach - New Wash

Kersteins - Jasper

Marler - Floyd   It will be another battle but Marler is more battle tested.    3/4 Griffith looked tough all year, somewhat surprised he got put out in the first round

Griffith - Providence

Meza - Washington

Chavez - Jasper

Troutman - Floyd     Guy just gets the job done.    4/4 messed up the order again, meza wrestled well

Brescher - Jasper

Meza - Washington

Stuart - Charlestown

Mundy - Southridge    The "other" sectional gets on the board.   3/4 only missed out on thomas from north knox instead of kempf

Emily - Floyd

Fridley - Jeff

Kempf - Providence

Burnette - Mitchell   Colt "Like the horse" Burnette makes daddy proud.  3/4 burnette handled browner much better than I thought he would

Browner - Jeff

Franklin - New Wash

Stenftenagel - Jasper

Abell - Forrest Park   Abell looks a level above the rest in this class. 2/4 abell looked good all day

Kaelin - Providence

Dean - New Wash

Rice - Paoli

Marlin - Jeff        Man is this weight loaded or what?  I like Marlin and his tough sched in this matchup.  4/4 out of order though.  fantastic match in the finals

Stetter - Southridge

Shepard - Paoli

Hall - Charlestown

Cissell - Washington    Has looked really good so far this year.  4/4 but really messed this order up. big guys threw me off today with lots of upsets

Randall - Floyd

McCutcheon - Charlestown

Songer - Jasper

Curtley - Jeff   A beast at this weight class    3/4 curtley looked very solid today

Valenciano - Jasper

Schwinghammer - Southridge

Lynch - New Albany

Andry - Paoli   Big Ram should roll  3/4 missed brown from jeff making the finals but got the champ right.

Ottersbach - Floyd

Hedrick - Washington

Leasor - New Albany

HWT

Phillips - Mitchell   Do not make Mongo mad    3/4 missed Honaker from Washington going from 4th at sectionals to 2nd at regionals though

Schoweppe - Southridge

Miller - Pike Central

Jolley Little - Jeff

46/56 overall  12/14 champs right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.