rankings updates

jDub

So, as we near sectionals and the post season, are the current individual rankings set in stone; or will there be further updates/changes?

Will there be a top 20 or 25 place ranking, like last year? ( I think we would all like to see that.)

How about the team rankings? They've not changed since Jan 10.  Are they complete for the rest of the season or will some of the past two week's wins/losses be reflected in a new ranking?

To the wresting community in general, with regard to rankings:

Has there been a sufficient amount of wrestling, and win/loss changes, since the last rankings updates for both individual and team to warrant an update?

Would a 20 or 25 place ranking for each weight class be of interest?

Finish it with twenty kids ranked then below them have about ten kids on "The Watch List"!!! That would be a great way to end the rankings for the year!

I like that! I think that's a great idea.

I'd also like to know where the teams are stacking up going into the post season. Hopefully we'll get some info before sectionals.

I will be putting out 1 more set of rankings before the sectional I think it will only be 20 tho right now i'm waiting on the final sectionals to be posted so I can make the weight changes. Also I'm adding current records which is tough in it self hopefully I can finish up by tomorrow night. Some of the watchlist are deeper than others. Thanks for the support all year, I hope that everyone enjoyed the rankings-OTR

I like that! I think that's a great idea.

I'd also like to know where the teams are stacking up going into the post season. Hopefully we'll get some info before sectionals.

All four semi-state rankings should add more detail to possible watch list wrestlers and what weights bottle neck prior to state.

The team regional rankings will do basically the same thing for teams.

http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,19571.0.html

On a related note I did like in previous years when after each tournament week the rank wrestlers eliminated would be marked through in red and it would listed what level they went out.  I believe one year it was even listed who eliminated them too. That a nice touch to add so we can start noticing a few unranked kids  (giant killers) that are stepping up and eliminating multiple ranked guys.

The team regional rankings will do basically the same thing for teams.

http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,19571.0.html

You're right. But a compilation of team rankings, as they've been done prior, is a lot easier to know where they all stack up.

I think one more team ranking going into to post season is probably warranted. There's been a lot of wrestling since Jan 10 (lasted team update).

On a related note I did like in previous years when after each tournament week the rank wrestlers eliminated would be marked through in red and it would listed what level they went out.  I believe one year it was even listed who eliminated them too. That a nice touch to add so we can start noticing a few unranked kids  (giant killers) that are stepping up and eliminating multiple ranked guys.

I would love that. Great idea to do this year.

I will be putting out 1 more set of rankings before the sectional I think it will only be 20 tho right now i'm waiting on the final sectionals to be posted so I can make the weight changes. Also I'm adding current records which is tough in it self hopefully I can finish up by tomorrow night. Some of the watchlist are deeper than others. Thanks for the support all year, I hope that everyone enjoyed the rankings-OTR

You've done a really good job!

It's got to be hard as heck to keep up with the entire state and figure out who's who and what's what. I look forward to your top 20 and watch list !

On a related note I did like in previous years when after each tournament week the rank wrestlers eliminated would be marked through in red and it would listed what level they went out.  I believe one year it was even listed who eliminated them too. That a nice touch to add so we can start noticing a few unranked kids  (giant killers) that are stepping up and eliminating multiple ranked guys.

That would be awesome! Know it's alot of work for u guys but it's great to get that info!

What happened to Gettinger (Connersville) at 113?  He was ranked at 113 or 120 most of the year, had beaten several guys on the board, and was a State Qualifier in 2010.  Am I missing something?

OOPS! Just found him at 126.  Tough decision - cut weight down to 113, wrestle Todd at 120 or wrestle Phillips at 126!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.