106  FC  NM  SV CV

113  CV NM NV SM

120 SM FC

126  RO  NM  SM SV

132 FC NM SV

138  FC RO SM

Lough 27-5

Thomas 31-2

Bolin 27-4  any of these 3 could win it!  I am betting on Thomas!

Moore 27-4 over Miller 33-4

160 FC  CV

Roc  TR  NV

RO  FC AT SM SV

195  Nm  SV CO FC

CO  SM  SV NV

NM  SM  TR

This could be the weakest Sectionals in the state, i believe last year this sectional only got 14 kids out of the regional and none of them were in the finals...Now i know its not the kids fault, but maybe the coaches ought to be on the AD's about beefing up their schedules and less about the dual and individual records, your performance is always judged by where you finish, not what your records are, so until the teams in this sectional wrestle "stiffer competition" it will be a rough road for them to get out of the North Mont regional with Carmel-HSE-Fishers-Zionsville, teams like this....if i am wrong please list the best teams in your sectional, and who "teams or individuals" they have beaten...keep in mind i did say 14 got out, so this doesn't apply to everyone in that Sectional....Good luck to all wrestlers this weekend, and may the "Best Kid On That Day" win....North and South Montgomery are the exceptions to this sectional, as they have changed their schedules, and everyone else in this sectional will see what it did for them after a couple years.....

Finally a few predictions! Heres mine

106- Oakley FC,  cline NM

113- bean CR, May NM

120- Moore SM, Hudson FC

126- McCoy NM, Rodgers, SM

132- Borta NM, Tucker FC

138- Barrett SM, Bane FC

145- Lough NM, Thomas SV( if Bolin is out)

152- Moore FC, miller CR

160- Clough FC, Manns CR

170- ?

182- Paxton RO, Green AT( brown SM easy second if on other side will give Paxton a run)

195- Webster NM, Allen CO

220- Phillips SM, hardy CO

285- burkhart SM, Ramey NM

Sad to hear for Bolin if that's true

Souths injuries at 132, 160 really hurt my sectional champ is NM

Good luck to all the kids sat!!

This could be the weakest Sectionals in the state, i believe last year this sectional only got 14 kids out of the regional and none of them were in the finals...Now i know its not the kids fault, but maybe the coaches ought to be on the AD's about beefing up their schedules and less about the dual and individual records, your performance is always judged by where you finish, not what your records are, so until the teams in this sectional wrestle "stiffer competition" it will be a rough road for them to get out of the North Mont regional with Carmel-HSE-Fishers-Zionsville, teams like this....if i am wrong please list the best teams in your sectional, and who "teams or individuals" they have beaten...keep in mind i did say 14 got out, so this doesn't apply to everyone in that Sectional....Good luck to all wrestlers this weekend, and may the "Best Kid On That Day" win....North and South Montgomery are the exceptions to this sectional, as they have changed their schedules, and everyone else in this sectional will see what it did for them after a couple years.....

agreed

I also agree and at least several times are trying to beef up their schedules. tough Kids wrestling tough kids makes tougher kids!

I agree to some extent with you but there is only so much that you can do to beef up your schedule.  There are only so many tourney's and duals to go to and not enough room to fit them all in.  Therefore, in my opinion, it comes back to the kids, parents and coach's in how much time they want to put into it.  Just from an outsider fan and a grandfather trying to get my grandsons involved it seems to me that I need to do my best to get them into the best clubs, private instruction and better yet their parents to buy into the program.  The only thing that I am trying to do at their young age is to just get them to like being around it and hope they like being around it.  I have figured out that it takes a special parent/parents to be involved so that their children can excel at this sport.  Then it takes a really special coach/coach's/club for them to really excel.     

I agree to some extent with you but there is only so much that you can do to beef up your schedule.  There are only so many tourney's and duals to go to and not enough room to fit them all in.  Therefore, in my opinion, it comes back to the kids, parents and coach's in how much time they want to put into it.  Just from an outsider fan and a grandfather trying to get my grandsons involved it seems to me that I need to do my best to get them into the best clubs, private instruction and better yet their parents to buy into the program.  The only thing that I am trying to do at their young age is to just get them to like being around it and hope they like being around it.  I have figured out that it takes a special parent/parents to be involved so that their children can excel at this sport.  Then it takes a really special coach/coach's/club for them to really excel.     

I agree with you, you need to have a good mix of teams that you can beat and teams that can challenge you, along with the rival schools that get the fans in the seats and puts the pressure on the kids while on the mat. I am kind of in the same spot as you rdrodd. My Son is 3 and I really just want him to see it, enjoy watching it enough to where he makes the decision to want to try wrestling. Being a coach of the sport I get nervous that he is going to get burnt out but I want this to be something that we enjoy together as well . Finding the best club,team,coach that fits your kids toughness is the best. Making sure they have fun is the number 1 priority and as long as they are having fun, they will be successful in my opinion. Good luck to all the teams this weekend.  Some high pressure matches will happen, their will be winners and losers. its inevitable that's why I love this sport. This is the time you get to leave it all out on the mat and if you didn't its your own fault.

North Montgomery and Southmont can fill 14 weight classes; they have great youth programs w/ a lot of off-season wrestling, and have the experienced coaches to help make them better. That?s why they are able to beef up their schedule that much and still be able to be competitive. Rarely do they have kids who have never wrestled before high school in their varsity line-up.

Most of the teams in this sectional (6) are from the WRC which is a small school conference. With Fountain Central being the exception this year, all of the teams are no where near full.  Most kids don't have to wrestle off because the spots are open to just give them a spot on the varsity team. Attica has 6, North Vermillion has 10, Rockville has 6, Covington has 9, and Turkey Run has 5; with each team having 2 or 3 "tough" wrestlers max, if that. How many "tough" schools would like to schedule these teams or invite them to tournaments? It doesn't do the bigger schools any good to get 1 to 3 good matches for only 1 to 3 kids out of the 14 on their team. Out of these teams, I bet under 10 kids out of the 50 kids on these teams only wrestle. The majority are 3 or 4 sport athletes.

These kids don't wrestle all off-season and go to camps, because they have track season, baseball season, camps for other sports, weights and off-season football things. Its hard to be competitive with the larger schools when you step on the mat late October and are done in Feb. then don't step back on it until late Oct. or early November again. In addition to all of the other sports, how many kids can afford to drive to the larger areas for the good open mats or RTCs during the offseason? It?s hard to be able to drive at least an hour, wrestle and then drive home with gas prices and everything else in their lives.

I'm really not trying to make excuses for these teams but it?s definitely not as easy as it may sound to get the kids out, teach them, get them to wrestle in the off-season, and get all of the parents involved?

lsk10135 is exactly right with the info on the smaller schools from the WRC.  At Rockville, we currently have 7 wrestlers.  Most of them do play two or three sports, are in      4-H, hunt and fish and have jobs.  A couple of our wrestlers did wrestle some off-season last year, but again gas prices, entry fees, and other expenses make it difficult to go very far from home.  Also, most of those on the team did try to travel to bigger schools in the offseason to work out with their wrestlers, but often found that when they got there, that the day had been changed without notification, so that again is a killer on the wallet and clock.  Many other boys who have previously wrestled have opted out as they were encouraged to lift for next fall's football season.  In a small school, that mindset kills a sport.  We are proud of the wrestlers we have and how they have performed this year.  We have wrestled North Montgomery, Bishop Chatard, New Palestine, Whiteland, Sullivan, and West Vigo, just to name a few bigger schools with quality programs, so our AD and coaching staff are trying to get our boys some quality matches.  We have not won any big team tournaments, but we have been in the hunt a few times, so that shows that our numbers may be few, but our will to win is as great as the guys who wrestle all year.  Thanks! 

I would like for everyone to look at the strength of schedule on this site. Crawfordsville, North, South, south vermillion

and fountain central are in upper third in the state. The individuals team that brought up this topic is rated below all

five of these programs. This sectional has been improving with the numbers we have to work with.  I would like to

wish good luck to all this weekend.

lsk10135 is exactly right with the info on the smaller schools from the WRC.  At Rockville, we currently have 7 wrestlers.  Most of them do play two or three sports, are in      4-H, hunt and fish and have jobs.  A couple of our wrestlers did wrestle some off-season last year, but again gas prices, entry fees, and other expenses make it difficult to go very far from home.  Also, most of those on the team did try to travel to bigger schools in the offseason to work out with their wrestlers, but often found that when they got there, that the day had been changed without notification, so that again is a killer on the wallet and clock.  Many other boys who have previously wrestled have opted out as they were encouraged to lift for next fall's football season.  In a small school, that mindset kills a sport.  We are proud of the wrestlers we have and how they have performed this year.  We have wrestled North Montgomery, Bishop Chatard, New Palestine, Whiteland, Sullivan, and West Vigo, just to name a few bigger schools with quality programs, so our AD and coaching staff are trying to get our boys some quality matches.  We have not won any big team tournaments, but we have been in the hunt a few times, so that shows that our numbers may be few, but our will to win is as great as the guys who wrestle all year.  Thanks! 

;

Very well said Roxmom.  I agree with you on all of what you have stated and wish your team all the luck in the world.  You guys have wrestled a tough schedule and cudo's to your coach and AD.  Personally, I would rather have a whole team of wrestlers that want to hunt and fish and play other sports.  Hunting and fishing teaches you patience and with experience you will win in that battle.  Xbox and Facebook teaches our kids nothing.  In my opinion, in a small school situation, you don't have to have your kids go to CIA or Perry RTC, not knocking them but just have a coach that will have a open room with a open heart all year long.  I know that most coach's are younger and have their own family and some of their wives might not like it but it all starts with them and the parents.  I was stating earlier that it is all about the support of the kids by the higher ups'.  If your kid wrestles and never makes it out of sectionals he/she will still be a winner in life.     

Weakest in the state? I think that's a stretch! I'm not going to argue that it's the toughest by any means, but I've seen much weaker over the years.  The earlier comments about having a lot of smaller schools is correct. And maybe, just maybe, part of the reason that only 14 got out of regional last year was because the Zionsville sectional was LOADED! Carmel, Westfield, Hamilton Southeastern, Zionsville are all big (5A football) with great programs, and the smaller schools in the sectional all turn out some strong individuals. That makes the draws for wrestlers coming out of C-Ville TOUGH! I'll agree that the Crawfordsville Sectional is not one of the toughest in the state, but they have an extremely tough match up with the Zionsville sectional. Maybe instead of calling out coaches of the smaller programs, we should be calling out the IHSAA to balance sectionals a little better. Good luck to all wrestlers this weekend. Have a GREAT tournament and LEAVE IT ON THE MAT!!

Chris Ervin

Just a fan! :) 

106- 1st Caden cline NM, 2nd Wayne highfield SM, bishop SV, oakley fc

113- bean Cville, may NM, Jenkins SM, fultz nv

120- Moore SM, Hudson FC, Chastain NM, bossear attica

126- McCoy NM, Rodgers SM, kabbany SV,

132- borta NM, tucker FC, waldrop SV, kingrey nv

138- Barrett SM, bane FC, Thurman RO, miller NM

145- lough NM, Thomas SV, brown SM, Lewis RO

152- miller Cville, Moore FC, cline NM, Davis SM

160- Clough FC, Manns Cville, smith SV, may NM

170- smith SM, Harrison nv, wheeler RO, girdled TR

182- Paxton RO, ratcliff FC, brown SM,

195- Allen CO, Scott FC, Webster NM, nickel SV

220- hardy CO, Phillips SM, davis nv, peevles SV

285- burkhart SM, cook FC, Ramey NM, mickle Attica

Think those are all right forgot a couple 4 ths

But that's most of it

Southmont repeats as SECTIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Congratulations to South coaching staff and all of the kids.

Fountain Central took off out of the gate strong and then North montgomery made a charge but South pulled it out.

To the man who said "NEVER AGAIN!"......NEVER SAY NEVER.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.