JAY COUNTRY SECTIONAL

bigdwaltz

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Bellmont, South Adams, and Adams Central placers....  With a few sprinkled in from other schools....

Has the potential to be a very close and exciting team competition!!!

I assuming the draw is tomorrow night like most other sectionals.. and yes this sectional has the hype going into it Saturday to be quite interesting but until someone can knock Bellmont off there throne...my chips are on Bellmont Saturday walking out victorious...Can Adams Central or South Adams dethrone them will find out,we are going to see some good wrestling Saturday @ Jay County...just my two cents...good luck to all wrestlers Saturday  ;)

I would really like to see Adams Central or South Adams pull out an upset, but I think Bellmont will winthe team battle. I think it will be a lot closer than past years but I wouldnt be surprised to see Bellmont win by 25+ points.

Considering SA finished 41 points behind AC in the conference meet I would consider this sectional a 2 team race between AC and Belmont.  I believe Belmont won several close matches in the dual meet against AC, this could give them an edge in seeding meeting tonight.  We will see.....

X-Rated - I totally agree with you that everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen.  I was just making this statement based on the results only.  But you say SA wrestled flat, I heard the same thing after the dual meet against AC, that SA did not wrestle well....is there a common theme going on????

Sa wrestled flat this Saturday. And the dual meet was the worst I've seen the whole team look in the last 5 years. With all this said there is a chance of Belmont ac and sa all being around each other for te top spot

I agree that SA wrestled flat on Saturday. And I agree that those three will defiantly be top three. However, the theme that seems to be going is that SA has wrestled "flat" in big matches. I give the edge to Bellmont but AC can defiantly get an upset if things pan out their way.

Top 4 predictions plus 2 alt.

103: Sawyer Miller (SA), Andy Oliver (AC), Alex Abbott (JC), Blake Lewis (NOR)

113: LJ Moser (SA), Mitchel Wilson (NOR), Aurelio Terriquez (UC), Jon Poling (BEL)

120: Cody Walburn (AC), Bobby Keuneke (BEL), Joe Becker (NOR), Eric Pimental (SA)

126: Ben Fiechter (SW), Blake Adams (BEL), Derek Ellinger (AC), Boaz Marbach (SA)

132: Derek Roe (AC), Todd Batt (SA), Edgar Terriquez (UC), Jacob Girod (BEL)

138: Charlie Hirshey (SA), Jon Raugh (BLUF), Jesse Finnerty (JC), Zac Yoder (AC)

145: Brooks Faurote (BEL), Phillip Gerber (BLUF), Conner Wyatt (UC), Luke Liter (AC)

152: Zeke Shultz (AC), Dewey Melcher (BEL), Zach Metcalf (JC), Kyle Anguianao (UC)

160: Kyle Walters (UC), Chantz Luginbill (AC) , Jordan Landers (SA), Cole Bonewit (BLK)

170: Isaac Werst (SA), Jamie Antonoglou (UC), Eric Beougher (JC), Landon Baker (BEL)

182: Brad Busse (BEL), Ben Pfister (AC), Aaron Burk (UC), Hunter Gillette (JC)

195: Ben Baker (BEL), Kyle Garringer (JC), Klayton Hinshaw (SA), Ethan Potter (SW)

220:  Seth Biberstine (SW), Isaac Birch (BEL), Isaac Rogers (BLK), Taylon Elzey (AC)

285: Kyle Short (NOR), Eric Hemmelgarn (JC), Brian Hakes (BEL),  Seth Prince (BLK)

I couldnt find the scoring system so i just did a 16,12,8, 4

Bellmont = 116

Adams Central = 104

South Adams = 100

106- miller over oliver

113- LJ over terriquez

120- walburn over keuneke (going to be close)

126- fiechter over ellinger

132- roe over batt (another close one)

138- hirchy over raugh

145- faurote over wyatt (close match in semi's with wyatt and gerber)

152- schultz over melcher

160- walters over luginbill

170- antonogou over werst

182- pfister over busse

195- baker over garringer

220- biberstine over rogers

Hwt- short over hemmelgarn

A lot of close matches. And a lot of matches could go either way! Feel free to post your own predictions if you don't like mine. 

But you also gotta think about: that was the second match of the season, he hasn't loss since then. And he beat cain crogg in 26 seconds, was cain was ranked 5th in the semi state.

Any other quality wins outside of that? 

But you also gotta think about: that was the second match of the season, he hasn't loss since then. And he beat cain crogg in 26 seconds, was cain was ranked 5th in the semi state.

Landon Baker just lost in OT in the finals of the NHC........probably a guy that shouldn't be overlooked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.