unseeded al smith wrestlers....

charger.dad

who were the unseeded wrestlers that made the the medal round and which one placed the highest?

and who was the highest seeded werstler that didn't make medal round?

I'm not sure about the first one, but Jake Fuerbringer was unseeded at 113 and upset the 4th seed, and was beating the 5th seed until he got hurt and had to injury default. Great showing by him.

I'd say Pickard at 145. Seeded 2nd and didn't make it to the next day.

In an attempt to steer this back toward the topic:

Last week, Mishawaka's Clint Proctor was tentatively the #3 guy on the depth chart at 160#.  This week he was asked to step up, because he was needed, but the need was at 170#.  With a 0-0 Varsity Record he was entered in the toughest of all regular season tournaments in a very tough 170# Weight Class where he finished in 8th place. 

The additional two factors that make this a great story is that he probably never weighed more than 161# and some change which was obvious when you watched him on the mat against his fully hydrated 170# opponents.

The second factor which I did not realize until today......he was the ONLY opponent that "Outstanding Wrestler" Sean Mappes did not pin!! 

In an attempt to steer this back toward the topic:

Last week, Mishawaka's Clint Proctor was tentatively the #3 guy on the depth chart at 160#.  This week he was asked to step up, because he was needed, but the need was at 170#.  With a 0-0 Varsity Record he was entered in the toughest of all regular season tournaments in a very tough 170# Weight Class where he finished in 8th place. 

The additional two factors that make this a great story is that he probably never weighed more than 161# and some change which was obvious when you watched him on the mat against his fully hydrated 170# opponents.

The second factor which I did not realize until today......he was the ONLY opponent that "Outstanding Wrestler" Sean Mappes did not pin!! 

That's a great day.  It is terribly tough to lose first round and then rattle off 4 wins in a row. 

At 132 it looks like AJ Grim of West Noble was unseeded and wrestled back to place third.

I just re-checked the brackets; In his second match, he was pinned by Eric Blodgett in 17 seconds, wrestled all the way back to the 3rd place match and beat Blodgett 7-6. That is an outstanding comeback.

I just re-checked the brackets; In his second match, he was pinned by Eric Blodgett in 17 seconds, wrestled all the way back to the 3rd place match and beat Blodgett 7-6. That is an outstanding comeback.

Best tournament AJ has wrestled in his high school career!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.