Changes to Sectionals 2012

Y2CJ41

Concordia from Carroll Sectional to New Haven Sectional

Rossville from Zionsville Sectional to Crawfordsville Sectional

Plainfield from Avon Sectional to Moresville Sectional

Decatur Central from Sectional 21(Decatur Central) to Mooresville

Brebeuf Jesuit to Sectional 21(Now Indianapolis Washington)

White's not not in a sectional

Indiana School for the Deaf from Sectional 21 to Lawrence Central Sectional

Indianapolis Arsenal Tech from Lawrence Central Setional to Sectional 21

http://www.ihsaa.org/dnn/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/About%20IHSAA/Minutes/2011-12/110411.pdf

Page 11

Wow, lucky rossville gets to go to the weakest sectional in the state...this could be a good thing for them, they are a very small team that could use some confidence to build up the program, and i see this has being 1 way to really help them and some of there guys compete...not saying they haven't had 1 in the past, just as a whole i see this being good rather than 1 of the other county teams (frankfort) (clinton central).. really think they should have moved Clinton prairie (whom is closest to crawfordsville) to the crawfordsville sectional, for the same reason, prairie and rossville together for the last few years would only make 1 team as both programs have been on the decline....but hey, good move for the hornets....

Switzerland County added to the Jenning County Sectional (now at 10 teams).  Pretty far east to be in the southwest semi-state but I guess it somewhat fits into the portion of the state that hangs down. .  But, maybe it's a temporary fix until a better realignment occurs.  

Any thoughts on IHSAA even considering going back to smaller sectionals (5-6 teams) with top two advancing and the a larger regional (4 sectionals) with 4 advancing to semi-state.   I can see this as a viable option since it means a shorter distance for most fans thus larger gate, more likely hood of a kid placing top three thus more individual interest, more likely hood of a team at least competing for sectional runner-up thus more team/school interest. All of which seems to be things the IHSAA likes to see since it generates revenue and makes more schools happy.  Not sayings its the best option but an possible one.

Switzerland County added to the Jenning County Sectional (now at 10 teams).  Pretty far east to be in the southwest semi-state but I guess it somewhat fits into the portion of the state that hangs down. .  But, maybe it's a temporary fix until a better realignment occurs.  

Any thoughts on IHSAA even considering going back to smaller sectionals (5-6 teams) with top two advancing and the a larger regional (4 sectionals) with 4 advancing to semi-state.   I can see this as a viable option since it means a shorter distance for most fans thus larger gate, more likely hood of a kid placing top three thus more individual interest, more likely hood of a team at least competing for sectional runner-up thus more team/school interest. All of which seems to be things the IHSAA likes to see since it generates revenue and makes more schools happy.  Not sayings its the best option but an possible one.

I would only ever want to see this if we can get wrestlebacks at regional.  Otherwise, if there are two very tough kids at one sectional--the loser often gets drawn in first round against another tough sectional champ and the second or third best kid at the regional is gone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.