Coaches meeting a success

Jake Riesen

I am not going to count the IHSWCA out just yet Joe.  I will agree with you they have had a fairly bad track record as of late and thier overall transparancy has been lacking.  That being said I have heard that the meeting may have opened up the possibilty for the team state to be reinstated.  I would tell you to go and get involved just like I tell every other coach on the board.  My father once told me "you shouldn't complain unless you vote."  I know you have some sort of a past with the coaches association, but i think the barriers are breaking down a bit and they are starting to get it.  It seems like they may actually be working towards what the coaches want a little more.  They are on record of trying to be more transparent as well.  The last minutes talked about a newsletter to be going out and several other things.  I guess what I am saying is I just like you am very reluctant to go all in with the coaches association, but I do see some substantial improvements going on.  So I am still open on the subject.

I am not going to count the IHSWCA out just yet Joe.  I will agree with you they have had a fairly bad track record as of late and thier overall transparancy has been lacking.  That being said I have heard that the meeting may have opened up the possibilty for the team state to be reinstated. 

Then let's hear about the meeting!!!!!!!

I am sorry I haven't posted any information.  It has been ridiculously busy.  I believe minutes will be released soon.  I believe the meeting was a success.  There are a ton of moving parts and details are continuing to be ironed.  It was a long and prodcutive meeting.  The issue we are having with the minutes is the Selection Committee stayed later after the meeting to discuss ideas.  We are continuing to correspond constantly via email.  You have my word we are working constantly on this!!!

As always, I am open to ANY and ALL suggestions.

In fact, I just spoke with members of Ohio"s Coaches Association Board last night and this morning.  I have brought their suggestions to the Selction Committee.

Thanks!

Snyder

I will not believe anything from the IHSWCA until it actually happens.  There are always things talked about, but little action has ever taken place with the IHSWCA.  They always come back with the "we have always done it that way, why change it" response.  The IHSWCA didn't even have an email list of coaches throughout the state, yet Karl and I put together one of over 200 coaches.  How can the organization even get the information out to coaches if they don't have a way of contacting them?  The old days of sending snail mail to the school is over, we live in an electronic age where getting information out about clinics, meetings and big events should be done through messageboards and emails.  The only time I have received information about meetings is when I was a regional rep.  Until this month I have maybe seen only a couple other times of where and when the meetings take place.  Like I said I will believe it when I see teams converging on Tech or Westfield or whereever next year.

Hey if you want an arguement from me your not going to get it.  I think we need to hold the IHSWCA feet to the fire on the big issues.  I think we have done just that the past few weeks on the board and at the meeting.  If things start changing and I am optomistic they will I hope you can refrane from your past disdain for the coaches association.  I know I am willing to overlook past flaws for future gains.  The coaches association can be a powerful thing if coaches actually get on board and unite.  We did that last week and I am again optimistic we are on our way to a classed team state.  I would encourage any coach that is not a member of the coaches association to look into becoming a member.  The past weeks have shown just how much your voices can dictate what happens to the sport.  I believe most athletic departments will carry the bill to become a member.  Get involved or get ran over.  I chose to get involved the best way I could.

Terry Tipton

If you would like more information about becomeing a member you can contact me via private message or on this forum.

Once again, I was one of the people along with coach synder that didn't agree with what happened at the  meeting in Nov that we were not in attendance for personal reasons.  But you know what is great about the association?????  Anyone can go to the meetings.  Just like I did and Coach Synder did and we voiced our ideas and thoughts there and lots of positives came out of the meeting.  Don't be so dead set against what the future holds.

Coach McCormick and Coach Struck, I think,  are really onto something now and several good things are going to come from this last meeting.

In fact, I just spoke with members of Ohio"s Coaches Association Board last night and this morning.  I have brought their suggestions to the Selction Committee.

Thanks!

Snyder

Finding out what other states have done in the past and are currently doing has been something I've been suggesting for years to help improve Indiana at the HS and ISWA level.  Thanks for taking steps to start getting information from other areas that will help up see what works and what the pitfalls may be of certain plans.  Anything that can save planning time and allow us to avoid making mistakes is a positive.

Coach Struck,

Since your email isn't working I will just put it on the forum.  I am getting emails from coaches wanting to be part of the association, and I want to send them to the best route for joining the association.  Also I want to let you and the rest of the association know that with classing team state their is going to be a big jump in membership.  I am already seeing that with my message I have recieved today.  Coaches are actually getting excited and want to be a part of this special transition in our sport.  So if you could use your personal email or any other contact information so coaches can get on board now is the time.  It is vital for our sport to have a strong coaches association and the coaches are buying in to the new message. 

infowrestling,

I am pretty certain information is coming tonight.  I promise you nothing is or will be kept secret.  I/we can't give you the plan because we are finalizing as we type so to speak.  The selection committee has been working all day on a number of issues.  Some new questions came up the last couple of days.  I think those are about ironed out.  I haven't been on here much because we have been constantly corresponding via email to get this thing right.  I promise you we are working very hard and constantly at it.  I have never been this tired after a day of school and it is NOT from teaching! haha...I think the intital plan is almost done.  Part of this is my fault.  I found some new information out from Ohio Coaches Board and worked to adjust our plan this morning. 

Thanks!

Snyder

infowrestling,

I am pretty certain information is coming tonight.  I promise you nothing is or will be kept secret.  I/we can't give you the plan because we are finalizing as we type so to speak.  The selection committee has been working all day on a number of issues.  Some new questions came up the last couple of days.  I think those are about ironed out.  I haven't been on here much because we have been constantly corresponding via email to get this thing right.  I promise you we are working very hard and constantly at it.  I have never been this tired after a day of school and it is NOT from teaching! haha...I think the intital plan is almost done.  Part of this is my fault.  I found some new information out from Ohio Coaches Board and worked to adjust our plan this morning. 

Thanks!

Snyder

Thanks for the info! I look forward to seeing the plan!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.