Individual vs Dual Meet format?

xbrick132

My question is, are they going to do away with the required 4 individual duals, since there's no point in them now

why is there no point in them?  Duals were held when the tournament was individual?  Duals were actually a big thing!!!

i agree, I love them, but might as well go  to the way it was, right that? Weren't there schools that only didn't saturday meets?

maybe...  i do know that we use to wrestle tuesday and thursday night duals with the occasional saturday tournament or dual invite.   But that was way back when i was in high school    ;D

maybe...  i do know that we use to wrestle tuesday and thursday night duals with the occasional saturday tournament or dual invite.   But that was way back when i was in high school    ;D

me too, and some saturdays were individual tourneys, and sometimes you would only get a couple matches, where as now, you get 5. But wrestling in a tourney is different than a dual.

From a coaching standpoint.  I prefer the dual match format vs individual tourneys.  I get to see ALL my wrestlers matches and they all get to wrestle the entire day, whereas the individual tourneys, I may have two or three wrestlers on the mat at the same time, and I just can't get to all of them.

We are a small team with young wrestlers who typically won't make it to the finals round, so I prefer the dual match format for our team.

I love dual meets but when you go to an all day wrestling meet I would prefer to see an individual meet with team scores.  Love going to the Monday-Thursday dual meets here in Central Indy but when traveling and don't care about waking up the next day.......Individual format for me.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.