Evansville Semi-State Rankings (Updated with Sectional/Regional Breakdown)

TripleB

Meenach won conference at 126, the only one that give him any trouble was Humphries. Meenach must have been sick at Jeff Classic because he wrestled very well this weekend.

Jeff Classic performance may have had something to do with competition level.  Who did he beat at conference? 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Classic performance may have had something to do with competition level.  Who did he beat at conference?

he beat the kid fron Forest park to get to the finals and then he beat Humphries in the finals, Humphries  is a very talented wrestler as are some of the other Southwestern Rebels. The competition was very good at Jeff Classic in all weight devisions but I am was just saying the kid did not look sick and weak this time. I think he has been wrestling at 132 all year  and might wrestle sectional at 132 instead of 126 which is a shame because I think it would be a differnt outcome this time. I think his only 2 losses this year was the day of Jeff classic. I think they said his record is 27-2.

I would like to know why Colt "Like the Horse" Burnette from Mitchell doesnt even get a metion on here he is 34 and 1 this season he wrestles at 152 his only loss is is to Swade Oser of Heritage  Hills at 160... at 152 he has only given up a total of 5 points this year Zack Adams gets a lot of mentions on here but Colt pinned him at the Folk Style State meet last spring.. He also wrestled Isaiah Bradley twice at disney duels this summer.. Bradley did beat him both times but just by a few points..this season Colt has pinned or tech falled all of his opponents but three Oser beat him, Jenneings County, Colt won 8 to 2 and at 160, and New Washington colt beat him 8 to 2... You had better watch out for this kid.. also Trevor "Mongo" Phillips from Mitchell at 285 doesnt get mentioned in your placings either but yet Austin Little from North Posey does get placed twice and Trevor  beat Little

I completely agree. I never heard anything about him until last week. I just need to dig up some quality W's

mitchells hwt has beaten austin little from North Posey and another Mitchell boy you should look at is Colt "like the Horse" Burnette he is at 152 and his only loss this season is at 160 to swade oser from Heritage Hills

I would like to know why Colt "Like the Horse" Burnette from Mitchell doesnt even get a metion on here he is 34 and 1 this season he wrestles at 152 his only loss is is to Swade Oser of Heritage  Hills at 160... at 152 he has only given up a total of 5 points this year Zack Adams gets a lot of mentions on here but Colt pinned him at the Folk Style State meet last spring.. He also wrestled Isaiah Bradley twice at disney duels this summer.. Bradley did beat him both times but just by a few points..this season Colt has pinned or tech falled all of his opponents but three Oser beat him, Jenneings County, Colt won 8 to 2 and at 160, and New Washington colt beat him 8 to 2... You had better watch out for this kid.. also Trevor "Mongo" Phillips from Mitchell at 285 doesnt get mentioned in your placings either but yet Austin Little from North Posey does get placed twice and Trevor  beat Little

I'm glad Mitchell just discovered the internet. Congratulations on that accomplishment. Second I'm a bears fan, so don't ever bank on love for anyone called Colt. Third I only know what gets reported and, as I mentioned earlier, I've hotten zero on Mitchell this yr.

Probably good for them to come in under the radar. They are both great wrestlers. Three reasons they don't get much recognition on rankings: 1. Their results don't get reported on the website. 2. They don't normally send kids to semi-state 3. Their schedule is not nearly as competitive as most of the other southern schools ie: Jeff, FC, JC, Evansville schools, etc. They wrestle some good teams but not week in and week out like other schools do so they don't get the exposure.

Either way, good luck to those two. All that matters is the final four left in the semi-state after the wrestling is done that day.

I think you should deduct points for them picking their own nicknames...

Seriously, Colt and Trevor are very good wrestlers and even better kids. They represent their school well. Sometimes it's better to hang back and let others fight over a ranking, though. Winning the matches will bring them the credit they deserve.

I'm glad Mitchell just discovered the internet. Congratulations on that accomplishment. Second I'm a bears fan, so don't ever bank on love for anyone called Colt. Third I only know what gets reported and, as I mentioned earlier, I've hotten zero on Mitchell this yr.

we have always known how to use the internet, the problem is, we have to get a little amish boy to peddle a stationary bike to use the internet and he doesnt work well in cold weather. and it is "Colt" like the gun maker not the fb team and by the way the bears suck

I think you should deduct points for them picking their own nicknames...

Seriously, Colt and Trevor are very good wrestlers and even better kids. They represent their school well. Sometimes it's better to hang back and let others fight over a ranking, though. Winning the matches will bring them the credit they deserve.

Thank you for noticing, they really are good kids, both of them have dominated so many of thier opponents so many times that it looks like they dont have any compitition. we go to a 5 way meet and they dont even get scored on, and some other kid will pull off an overtime victory and that kid will get the outstanding wrestler award. just makes you wander what do they have to do to get noticed.

and colt like the horse was up 6 to 0 when he gave up the reverse he let jacob have control for a very brief time and then got the reverse colt controlled the whole match and by the way the bears suck

i am sorry i didnt mention that Jacob is a good kid and he has a bright wrestling future, all of the New Washington kids i have ever spoke too, Jacob Franklin, Massingham, and Josh Sampson, all carry themselves like fine young men. It must be a product of thier invironment the coaching staff there is a 1st class group hold on to them

we have always known how to use the internet, the problem is, we have to get a little amish boy to peddle a stationary bike to use the internet and he doesnt work well in cold weather. and it is "Colt" like the gun maker not the fb team and by the way the bears suck

You had me convinced....then you dropped my bears...

Hahaha...

Thank you for noticing, they really are good kids, both of them have dominated so many of thier opponents so many times that it looks like they dont have any compitition. we go to a 5 way meet and they dont even get scored on, and some other kid will pull off an overtime victory and that kid will get the outstanding wrestler award. just makes you wander what do they have to do to get noticed.

have either of them wrestled and defeated ranked kids?

he beat the kid fron Forest park to get to the finals and then he beat Humphries in the finals, Humphries  is a very talented wrestler as are some of the other Southwestern Rebels. The competition was very good at Jeff Classic in all weight devisions but I am was just saying the kid did not look sick and weak this time. I think he has been wrestling at 132 all year  and might wrestle sectional at 132 instead of 126 which is a shame because I think it would be a differnt outcome this time. I think his only 2 losses this year was the day of Jeff classic. I think they said his record is 27-2.

At that particular sectional 132 maybe easier overall than 126.  Floyd Central's Tre Marler has to be favorite but after him it looks like a toss up.  Marler and Meenach may be an interesting match to watch.

Could you please post the ranked kids these young men have beat this season...not off season, this season.  That would help the ranking guy a lot.  I did these last year and its very frustrating for people to come on here and scream for there kids (which is great), but not give any scores, victories or any other reason to rank a kid besides he has won 34 matches and only got beat by a kid by 6 points.  Triple B has no idea if he has wrestled 20 ranked kids or 0 ranked kids.  Its easier to get ranked if you are 3-2 against 5 ranked kids than 20-0 against zero ranked kids. Great enthusiasm, just give some season stats to justify a ranking.  Great job Triple B!!! I learned the internet last season, its awesome. PS Bears didnt suck enough for Luck!!!

At that particular sectional 132 maybe easier overall than 126.  Floyd Central's Tre Marler has to be favorite but after him it looks like a toss up.  Marler and Meenach may be an interesting match to watch.

I agree 132 would probably be easier, the 126 in that sectional is stacked it will be a toss up between about 3 kids in that weight class. Marler would definately be the favorite and that Providence kid has a chance to but I believe Marler would beat him. I'm sure Meenach would do fine in that class also and I would expect it would be Marler and Meenach in the finals. The New Washington kid that wrestled the Providence kid in the finals at SIWC in the 132 did not give him much trouble.

have either of them wrestled and defeated ranked kids?

trvor phillips has wrestled one that you have ranked at semi state "austin little from north posey" trevor beat him by 1 point.. colt burnette wrestled swade oser from heritage hills at 160 but colt is wrestling at 152 Oser did win a maj dec. colt also defeated jacob franklin of New washington he is not ranked but he was a semi state qualifier last year. burnette also pinned zack adams in the off season last spring

Could you please post the ranked kids these young men have beat this season...not off season, this season.  That would help the ranking guy a lot.  I did these last year and its very frustrating for people to come on here and scream for there kids (which is great), but not give any scores, victories or any other reason to rank a kid besides he has won 34 matches and only got beat by a kid by 6 points.  Triple B has no idea if he has wrestled 20 ranked kids or 0 ranked kids.  Its easier to get ranked if you are 3-2 against 5 ranked kids than 20-0 against zero ranked kids. Great enthusiasm, just give some season stats to justify a ranking.  Great job Triple B!!! I learned the internet last season, its awesome. PS Bears didnt suck enough for Luck!!!

I wasent screaming, I was just typing in my normal tone ha ha. phillips has beaten austin little from north posey and he also beat Big John from washington big john is not ranked but he does seem to be a measuring stick since there is a kid that is ranked and it has big john as one of the noteable wins

I think your missing the mark @ 195.  How about Connor Tolley from Franklin

106:

1. Jacob Brown ? Castle

2. Damon ?The Rack? Kuhn ? Evansville Reitz

3. Terrance ?Kennedy? Kennedy ? Floyd Central

4. DJ ?Play That Song? Smith ? Franklin Community

5. Wyatt Seng ? Evansville Mater Dei

6. Hunter Fox - Cascade

7. Griffin Schermer ? Bloomington South

8. Caleb Nicosin - Northview

113:

1. Anthony Schoettle ? Center Grove

2. Bailey Lahue ? Corydon Central

3. Matthew Mastison ? Evansville Harrison

4. Josh Davis ? Evansville Reitz

5. Nathan Schnitter ? Jasper

6. Tyler ?Lock &? Stock ? North Posey

7. Alex Johnson ? Evansville Mater Dei

8. Peyton Reese - Franklin

120:

1. Luke ?Use the Force? Welch ? Castle

2. Alonzo Shepherd ? Jeffersonville

3. Ben Johnson ? Evansville Memorial

4. Blake Johns ? Evansville Reitz

5. Skyler ?Is the limit? Lykins ? Franklin Community

6. Noah Schweizer ? Evansville Mater Dei

7. Matthew Lahue ? Corydon Central

8. Zach Runyon ? Bloomington South

126:

1. Gideon ?The Destroyer? Vanhook? Evansville Reitz

2. Logan ?The? Wedding ?Singer? ? Evansville Memorial

3. Josh Pierre ? Evansville Mater Dei

4. Zach Batts - Cascade

5. Devin Broukal ? Bloomington South

6. Nathan Carmichael ? Center Grove

7. Zeke Gomez ? Columbus North

8. Jordan Schremp ? Jeffersonville

132:

1. Neal ?Skip To? Molloy ? Danville

2. Trevor ?Why So? Moody  - Evansville Reitz

3. Jake Swiggert - Mooresville

4. Tre Marler ? Floyd Central

5. Tyler Hupp ?2, 3, 4? ? Indian Creek

6. Hunter Oakley ? Evansville Central

7. Nathan Epler ? Greenwood

8. Ben Marci ? Plainfield

138:

1. Jake Lannert ? Evansville Mater Dei

2. Jordan ?The Judge? Judy ? Danville

3. Brendon Kelley ? Evansville Central

4. Jonathon Hoehn ? Mt Vernon (Posey)

5. Zach Hays ? Center Grove

6. Jordan ?It?s a?Gast ? Jennings County

7. Branson Schroeder ? Evansville Mater Dei

8. Jacob Stevenson - Franklin

145:

1. Garrett Fentz - Franklin

2. Isaiah Kemper ? Evansville Central

3. Trevor ?Teacher?s Pet? Appel ? Evansville Reitz

4. Brayden Montgomery ? Danville

5. Alex Bassmeir ? Evansville Mater Dei

6. Brian Hayhurst ? Evansville Memorial

7. Tim ?Daggers? Shuler ? Columbus East

8. Chase Singleton ? Gibson Southern

152:

1. Blake ?Freddy? Rueger ? Evansville Reitz

2. Quincy ?Heavy Hands? Richey ? Brown County

3. Ethan Farmer ? Bloomington South

4. Luke Kriech ? Franklin Community

5. Zach ?Attack? Adams ? Madison

6. Kyle Reeves ? Danville

7. Kaden Newcomb ? Mooresville

8. Brent Browner ? Jeffersonville

160:

1. Jacob ?I?ll take the Over/? Underwood ? Martinsville

2. Brock ?The Next Big Thing? Warner ? Center Grove

3. Tsali ?Does Your Chain Hang? Lough ? Terre Haute South

4. Spencer ?Don?t call me a Hasseman? Hessmen - Franklin

5. Swade ?Turn out the lights, the party is? Oser ? Heritage Hills

6. Seth Seitzinger ? Bloomington South

7. Mahlon Parkinson ? Evansville Mater Dei

8. Asa Lynch ? Danville

170:

1. Sean ?I?m the? Mappes ? Center Grove

2. Austin Bowman ? Franklin Community

3. Aaron King ? Evansville Reitz

4. Austin ?3:16? Warren ? Castle

5. Clayton Fiddler ?On the Roof? ? Bloomington South

6. Jacob Hall ? Charlestown

7. Garrett Shepherd ? Paoli

8. Brandon ?Miami? Marlin - Jeffersonville

182:

1. Dalton Bradenstein ? Evansville Mater Dei

2. Brock ?Here Comes the Pain? Wathen ? Jennings County

3. Ben Smith ? Mooresville

4. Gabe Konerding ? Heritage Hills

5. Brian ?Frankincense and? Murr ? Franklin

6. Jonah Zoringer ? Avon

7. Blake Meyer ? Evansville Memorial

8. Jesse Gardner ? South Putnam

195:

1. Dane Maurer ? Evansville Mater Dei

2. Elijah ?Larry, Moe, and ?Curtley ? Jeffersonville

3. Dakota Thacker ? Bloomington South

4. Dalton Halbig ? Princeton

5. Aaron Cissel ? Washington

6. Caleb Sakill ? South Spencer

7. Austin Wilson ? Jennings County

8. Brad Schwinghamer ? Southridge

220:

1. Keith Knura ? Indian Creek

2. Iyan ?Smallmouth? Bass ? Jennings County

3. Jared Boehm ? Heritage Hills

4. Mason Schnarr ? Evansville Reitz

5. Aaron ?Oh? Say Can You? See - Northview

6. Jon Stinnet - Brownsburg

7. Jake Barclay ? South Spencer

8. Evan Collins ? Evansville Mater Dei

285:

1. Kaden Suter ? Martinsville

2. Brian Snyder ? Avon

3. Nathan Wright ? Evansville Mater Dei

4. Jesse Hohl ? Evansville Central

5. Austin Little ? North Posey

6. Joe Staton ? Tri West

7. Drew Ponder ? Center Grove

8. Austin Little ? North Posey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.