Team State vs Coaches Trophy

SIACfan

I have a couple of questions regarding Team State & the Coaches Trophy.

1st - Which do you covet most & why?

2nd - Can someone post the results from the years of Team State of how many times has the team which won Team State also won the Coaches Trophy?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide this info!

Prior to this year we/Mishawaka had won 4 out of 5 titles at Individual State.  In that same time, we won two Team State Titles.  Two of the years we won individual state we were NOT the best team and would not have deserved being declared State Champions. 

I would take ONE Team State Title  at Team State over TEN alleged Team Titles at Individual State.  I am not being sarcastic or anything like that...dead serious...

Winning as a TEAM at TEAM STATE was the most incredible experience for our wrestlers, staff, families, etc.  That is why we need to keep team state and class it so tons more schools can understand what I mean and what it could do for their program.  If you have not experienced it, you have no idea what you are missing.

Snyder

This information would have to come through the IHSWCA.  JD Minch is the secretary and would have this info. Scoring would have to be modified and tallied through out the individual series to assure an apples to apples match. Not that hard. It should be a simple math equation. This has  been discussed many times. I found a post from JD Minch dated 2-29-09 by googling. This earlier post may clear some things up.

2nd - Can someone post the results from the years of Team State of how many times has the team which won Team State also won the Coaches Trophy?

I think this is the list... 

1996: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

1997: Carmel (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

1998: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

1999: Lawrence North (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2000: Lowell (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2001: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

2002: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

2003: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

2004: Griffith (CT), Lawrence North (TS)

2005: Portage (CT), Lawrence North (TS)

2006: Mishawaka (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2007: Mishawaka (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2008: Mishawaka (Both)

2009: Crown Point (Both)

2010: Mishawaka (Both)

2011: Crown Point (CT), TBD

I think this is the list... 

1996: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

1997: Carmel (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

1998: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

1999: Lawrence North (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2000: Lowell (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2001: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

2002: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

2003: Evansville Mater Dei (Both)

2004: Griffith (CT), Lawrence North (TS)

2005: Portage (CT), Lawrence North (TS)

2006: Mishawaka (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2007: Mishawaka (CT), Evansville Mater Dei (TS)

2008: Mishawaka (Both)

2009: Crown Point (Both)

2010: Mishawaka (Both)

2011: Crown Point (CT), TBD

During this span 8 different teams captured the Coaches Trophy while only 4 teams won Team State. 

Aj, if we want a format that allows the most teams to win state over the best teams... why don't we just flip a coin to figure it all out.

i will bring the quarter...........

i will bring the quarter...........

can't the IHSAA at least provide a ceremonial coin of some kind.... i mean after all, this is going to be the biggest day of these kids lives... and some won't even have to lift a finger.

can't the IHSAA at least provide a ceremonial coin of some kind.... i mean after all, this is going to be the biggest day of these kids lives... and some won't even have to lift a finger.

ceremonial coin would be nice.... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.