Final Probabilities for each team to win Team State (based on Genius POTENTIAL)

maligned

Here are the probabilities for each team to advance to the semis, advance to the finals, and win the championship this weekend.  Finally, the probability for winning the championship is converted into a typical odds listing.  This is based on bracket placement and potential match-ups when all possibilities of winners and losers are carried out.

TEAM                       Rating Semis Finals Champ Odds

Perry Meridian             106.66 82.2% 68.1%   37.8%     1.6:1

Roncalli                           88.69 17.8% 9.1%     2.1%       46:1

Penn                               90.06 60.4% 15.4%   3.9%       25:1

Bellmont                         85.02 39.6% 7.4%     1.4%       72:1

Evansville Mater Dei   105.89 50.0% 44.7%   26.4%     2.8:1

Crown Point                   105.87 50.0% 44.7%   26.3%     2.8:1

Lawrence North             83.08 84.4% 10.3%   2.1%       47:1

Delphi                               63.37 15.6%   0.3%     0.0%   8,900:1

Maligned--

This actually pertains to another thread, but as I know you will read this I will ask you here. I saw a post of yours once (a long while a go) that required you to calculate all of the historical scores from the individual state tournament, so I am guessing you might know who has won the coaches trophy every year since Team State began.

Would you mind to post that if you do know? For some reason historical information on that seems to be harder to find than the presidential nuclear launch codes (not that I found those either, but man if I did...)

Maligned--

This actually pertains to another thread, but as I know you will read this I will ask you here. I saw a post of yours once (a long while a go) that required you to calculate all of the historical scores from the individual state tournament, so I am guessing you might know who has won the coaches trophy every year since Team State began.

Would you mind to post that if you do know? For some reason historical information on that seems to be harder to find than the presidential nuclear launch codes (not that I found those either, but man if I did...)

I don't have a straight out list, but I'll see what I can find.

Maligned--

Yeah, I can't find a list that I've kept anywhere.  You could try emailing or messaging JD Minch or Rex Peckingpaugh because of their connections to the coaches' association.  I know the last 4 years go like this: 2011-CP, 2010-Mishawaka, 2009-CP, 2008-Mishawaka.  There were a lot of years during MD's run that they won both titles, so it's more often than not been the same champion.  I could look back through the results and find the winners, but I won't have time until maybe tomorrow afternoon.  Sorry!

Here are the probabilities for each team to advance to the semis, advance to the finals, and win the championship this weekend.  Finally, the probability for winning the championship is converted into a typical odds listing.  This is based on bracket placement and potential match-ups when all possibilities of winners and losers are carried out.

TEAM                       Rating Semis Finals Champ Odds

Perry Meridian             106.66 82.2% 68.1%    37.8%     1.6:1

Roncalli                            88.69 17.8% 9.1%      2.1%       46:1

Penn                                90.06 60.4% 15.4%    3.9%       25:1

Bellmont                         85.02 39.6% 7.4%      1.4%        72:1

Evansville Mater Dei    105.89 50.0% 44.7%   26.4%     2.8:1

Crown Point                    105.87 50.0% 44.7%   26.3%     2.8:1

Lawrence North              83.08 84.4% 10.3%    2.1%       47:1

Delphi                               63.37 15.6%   0.3%     0.0%    8,900:1

Love it when the "little dogs" have to prove something to the "big dogs."  Great job in making it to the finals, Wildcats!  You guys deserved it!

Since when is Lawrence North a "little dog?"  They are close to being in the top 5 big schools in the state.  LN might have been something of an underdog this year but they are a big threat every year, and have been for more than 20 years.

Since when is Lawrence North a "little dog?"  They are close to being in the top 5 big schools in the state.  LN might have been something of an underdog this year but they are a big threat every year, and have been for more than 20 years.

Do you not see the " "?  They were virtually ruled out to make it to the finals - less known the championship match!  I am a proud Wildcat Mom of this year's 189 County, Conference, Sectional & Regional Champion and LOOOOOOVE LNHS wrestlers!  Trust me -- I know all about them and their accomplishments.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.