171 at state

bbulldog152

RG was just talking about this the other day (4 undefeated wrestlers at state)

Stein has his work cut out for him to repeat as State Champion

1. Nick Manning 12th 30-0 South Dearborn       Qualifier @ 152

2. James Frascella 12th 37-4 Carmel

3. Mike Smith 12th 44-2 North Central                   2x state qualifier

4. Jake Massengale 10th 39-6 Perry Meridian

1. JACKSON BRATCHER 12 41-0 EASTBROOK            3rd @ 171

2. RULEY HANKSENSON 12 42-2 BELLMONT       Qualifier @ 160

3. ALEX HOSTETLER 12 43-4 FAIRFIELD

4. JEFF ENRIETTO 12 34-6 CARROLL

1. Tanner Lynde 11 45-0 Delphi                                          5th @ 152   

2. Jeremy Crocker 11 29-4 Lowell

3. Nate Coddens 12 45-7 South Bend Riley

4. Kyle Shrewsbury 12 31-7 Crown Point

1. Drake Stein 12 42-0 Princeton Community                    1st @ 171

2. Dustin Parrish 12 29-5 Plainfield                                    6th @ 152

3. Austin Warren 11 37-10 Castle

4. Jacob Underwood 11 34-4 Martinsville

I believe Parish and Lynde placed at 152 last year not 145. I'm not saying Manning is going to win it but I feel he matches well with Stien and but I'm not sure how he matches with Lynde or Bratcher. I just know Manning has been impressive this year and is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen on the mat. Bratcher is strong and athletic. Lynde Impressed me last year at state though he came in 5th. Stien is the man to beat having won this weight class last year. The rest of the field is tough as well. This weight class kinda reminds me of 160 of 2009 with the 4 undefeated wrestlers. I'd say Stien should win but Todd at 112 proved that anything can happen in wrestling.

I believe Parish and Lynde placed at 152 last year not 145. I'm not saying Manning is going to win it but I feel he matches well with Stien and but I'm not sure how he matches with Lynde or Bratcher. I just know Manning has been impressive this year and is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen on the mat. Bratcher is strong and athletic. Lynde Impressed me last year at state though he came in 5th. Stien is the man to beat having won this weight class last year. The rest of the field is tough as well. This weight class kinda reminds me of 160 of 2009 with the 4 undefeated wrestlers. I'd say Stien should win but Todd at 112 proved that anything can happen in wrestling.

I can't wait for this next weekend this weight class should have some great matches! My pick to win is Tanner Lynde! On his journey for a semi-state title Saturday he had two tech falls and a pin in the finals. It's going to be a great weekend.

Top 3, IMO, (Bratcher, Lynde, and Stein) are all great kids with equal potential to win it all.  They all deserve their success.  Well worth the price of admission just to watch these guys wrestle!!!  I wouldn't place any bets on this one! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.