Miracle?

bigworm285

I will definitely be rooting for both girls to go to state. But their biggest obstacle is this is the age where boys start to become stronger than the girls. I know this is not true for everyone but boys that she was as strong as or stronger than in 2007 are now stronger than her.

Agreed (unfortunately).  The odds aren't great of either girl winning 2 consecutive matches as slight underdogs (Miracle vs. Micic & Overby; Hildebrandt vs. Denton & Saroff).  Kayla really needed to pull off the regional win to have a better shot.  Good luck to both.

Agreed (unfortunately).  The odds aren't great of either girl winning 2 consecutive matches as slight underdogs (Miracle vs. Micic & Overby; Hildebrandt vs. Denton & Saroff).  Kayla really needed to pull off the regional win to have a better shot.  Good luck to both.

I agree if she would have won regionals I think she would have qualified.

All I'm gonna say is I don't think anyone is giving Reece Overby enough love.  I think everyone will be surprised.  His only 3 losses are to very tough ranked wrestlers.  He qualified for state last year.  He may not be the most technical wrestler in the field but he will be the biggest and strongest.  He is enormous for a 103 pounder.  Last year he beat the Munster kid in the ticket round.  The Muster kid was no slouch.  He put Sarah out in the first round.   The score was fairly close but I believe he was in control the entire match.  He is a determined kid.  Whoever beats him better prepare for a brawl.  He is very physical.  He is also a fantastic kid.  I personally wish him the best.

All I'm gonna say is I don't think anyone is giving Reece Overby enough love.  I think everyone will be surprised.  His only 3 losses are to very tough ranked wrestlers.  He qualified for state last year.  He may not be the most technical wrestler in the field but he will be the biggest and strongest.  He is enormous for a 103 pounder.  Last year he beat the Munster kid in the ticket round.  The Muster kid was no slouch.  He put Sarah out in the first round.   The score was fairly close but I believe he was in control the entire match.  He is a determined kid.  Whoever beats him better prepare for a brawl.  He is very physical.  He is also a fantastic kid.  I personally wish him the best.

that is a good point, i agree.  if she was able to knock off micic, i don't think that she is getting by overby either. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.