SEVEN (7) ranked 103lbers at M'ville SS...who gets out?

lpd096

Fuqua, Micic, Buckley, Garza, Miracle, Overby, and Marciano are pretty much SAFE this week, I think they all get through to the SS...but who gets out from there? Since I know most of these wrestlers personally, I wish them all the best! It's going to be exciting to watch this go down to the wire!  :)

My son wrestled Micic at Schoolboy State last year.  I thought he was as smooth of a wrestler that I have

seen at his age.  The only problem I saw for him was whether he was going to grow enough to

be a ligament 103 this year.  Does anyone know if he even has to cut to make 103?

"The only problem I saw for him was weather he was going to grow enough to

be a ligament 103 this year."

I wonder if Coach Petrov can fill us in on Micic's development and WHETHER or not he's become a full-fledged ligament yet.

I have looked at this scenario very closely. Everything will depend on three main things.

1. How do the wrestlers actually finish out of their Regionals? The seeding for Semi-State is so important.

2. The Semi-State draw (which region brackets with which Region at Semi-State)

3. Who wrestles the best under pressure not only in the first round of Semi-State  but, the dreaded ticket round as well.

There are so many smaller variables to this as well. It will be very interesting to see how it all works out.  Lots of tough kids! Unfortunately there will be a few that don't make the trip to state that probably deserve to because of the power of the Semi-State. On the other hand there will be four or five wrestlers from the other three Semi-States that qualify for state who are probably not as good as the wrestlers that don't make it out of Merillville. Wrestlebacks would not completely solve this problem but, it would help. At least you would know that you are getting the best four from each Semi-State. It is the system that we have though so we will just have to deal with it.

Projected Regional Results

Calumet - 1st Marciano, 2nd Garza

Laporte - 1st Fuqua, 2nd Buckley, 3rd Micic

Rochester -1st  Miracle, 2nd Fozo

Logansport - 1st Overby, 2nd Herrera

% chance of getting out of Merrillville Semi-State

Marciano-  gets out of Semi-state if he draws into any regional runner-up except LaPorte. (2/3) 66%

Garza - won't beat Laporte, Rochester or Logansport regional champs (0/3) 0%

Fuqua - Semi-State champ (3/3) 100%

Buckley - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester regional  (1/3) 33%

Micic - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester regional  (1/3) 33%

Miracle - gets out of semi-state if she draws into Calumet or Logansport regional (2/3) 66%

Fozo - won't beat Calumet, Laporte or Logansport regional champs (0/0) 0%

Overby - gets out of Semi-state if he draws into any regional runner-up except Laporte (2/3) 66%

Herrara- won't beat Calumet, Laporte or Rochester regional champs (0/0) 0%

Rochester -1st  Miracle, 2nd Fozo

Marciano-  gets out of Semi-state if he draws into any regional runner-up except LaPorte. (2/3) 66%

Buckley - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester regional and beats Micic (1/3) 33%

Micic - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester regional and beats Buckley (1/3) 33%

Miracle - gets out of semi-state if she draws into Calumet or Logansport regional (2/3) 66%

Overby - gets out of Semi-state if he draws into any regional runner-up except Laporte (2/3) 66%

Nice breakdown, quick question on Buckley and Micic.  Why does it matter if they finish second or third?

Wouldn't Micic and Buckley beat both Fozo and Herrera out of the Rochester and Logansport regional with both being a tossup(and maybe slight favorite) over Garza from Calumet?  This being the first round matches and then obviously running into one of the other regional champs in the ticket round.

Also with Miracle, she will have a 2/3 chance of drawing into Micic or Buckley.

Rochester -1st  Miracle, 2nd Fozo

Marciano-  gets out of Semi-state if he draws into any regional runner-up except LaPorte. (2/3) 66%

Buckley - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester regional and beats Micic (1/3) 33%

Micic - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester regional and beats Buckley (1/3) 33%

Norm....great assessment! Very informative. By the numbers and to the point. No riding the fence on this one. I really hope you are right  ;) but, as you point out very well, it all comes down to that draw!

***Updated***

Rochester -1st  Miracle, 2nd Fozo

Marciano-  gets out of Semi-state if he does NOT draw into 2nd or 3rd from LaPorte. (1/3) 33%

Buckley - gets out of semi-state if he draws into Rochester or Calumet regional champion (2/3) 66%

Micic - gets out of semi-state only if he draws into Rochester or Calumet regional  champion (2/3) 66%

Miracle - gets out of semi-state if she does NOT draw into LaPorte 2nd or 3rd (1/3) 66%

Overby - gets out of Semi-state if he does NOT draw into 2nd or 3rd from Laporte (1/3) 33%

For Marciano, Overby and Miracle(based off rankings) to get out they must draw the 4th place finisher from LaPorte.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.