Wrestlers dropping a Weight class for sectionals?

ontherise219

No. There is not a rule that you have to wrestle or weigh-in 20% of the season at the weight you are going to wrestle for the tournament series.

I thought the ihsaa rules stated you must have 6 official weigh ins at the scratch weight. So even after the allowances you still have to make scratch if you haven't had at least 6.

I thought the ihsaa rules stated you must have 6 official weigh ins at the scratch weight. So even after the allowances you still have to make scratch if you haven't had at least 6.

You have to have 6 weigh-ins to participate in sectionals.  It does not say they have to be at your sectional weight class.

Not sure on the wording but it does say says something about having one weigh-in at scratch weight of your sectional weight class.

You can get a weigh-in without actually participating in that wrestling event.

Obviously you are expected to follow your personal eight management plan to get to that scratch weight and the plan to to know what your minimum weight for sectionals can be.

The previous rule of having so many qualifying weights at you sectional weight was removed when the new weight management plan was put in place.

Nevermind just read it. You only need one weigh in at the weight your going to wrestle sectionals but you do need six total.

Also, there are rumblings of Dustin Parrish of Plainfield moving up to 171 from 160.  It definitely looks to be a good move.. Can anyone confirm?

Why would this be a good move? Unless he cant stay down at 160 I'd say his semistate @ 171 is easily just as tough if not tougher than 160.

Why would this be a good move? Unless he cant stay down at 160 I'd say his semistate @ 171 is easily just as tough if not tougher than 160.

at 171, i believe he's 3rd best in the semi state behind stein and underwood.

at 160, i believe welch, sims, mappes, holt, and fiddler are all as good as or better than him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.