Kentucky Rankings

niceshot

if you check the mater dei tourn.  the kentucky boys beat up on the indiana boys.

It's true that Kentucky's two best teams were able to narrowly beat our 14th best team and the rest of the field while getting destroyed by our 2nd best team.  Kentucky's got a couple good teams and some good individuals, but they're not really a wrestling state just yet.

In my opinion Caleb Irvin at 152 is as good as anyone in our state.  I don't know anything about the rest of the Kentucky kids but this kid is really sound.  I believe he signed with Illinois.

john fahy is a beast and would place top 4 in Indiana.  Lampe who is defending KY state champ would have a shot at winning Indiana. 

The Mater Dei tournament is a good barometer for KY wrestling vs IN.

KY still has a long way to go but this years showing at Mater Dei was probably its best ever.

The state continues to improve, Union and Trinity are two of the top 5 teams in KY.

Other KY notables:

Ryle HS in N. KY (Cincy area) wrestles alot of OH tournaments and finished 2nd as team in GMVCA a few weeks ago. Pretty good showing for Ryle, GMVCA is a very tough tournament won by Graham.

Johnson Central in eastern KY has a pretty good team this year, they wrestle some W VA tournaments, recently won the Skeens Tourney at Grundy HS.

In my opinion Caleb Irvin at 152 is as good as anyone in our state.  I don't know anything about the rest of the Kentucky kids but this kid is really sound.  I believe he signed with Illinois.

I agree.  I would say the younger Ervin would find his way into the championship match as well.

The Mater Dei tournament is a good barometer for KY wrestling vs IN.

KY still has a long way to go but this years showing at Mater Dei was probably its best ever.

The state continues to improve, Union and Trinity are two of the top 5 teams in KY.

Other KY notables:

Ryle HS in N. KY (Cincy area) wrestles alot of OH tournaments and finished 2nd as team in GMVCA a few weeks ago. Pretty good showing for Ryle, GMVCA is a very tough tournament won by Graham.

Johnson Central in eastern KY has a pretty good team this year, they wrestle some W VA tournaments, recently won the Skeens Tourney at Grundy HS.

Johnson Central did not win Skeens, Grundy won that tournament. Johnson Central finished third

Johnson Central did not win Skeens, Grundy won that tournament. Johnson Central finished third

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.