Nathan Boston the real deal?

ontherise219

Looks like he was this year. 

It will be interesting watching him the next three years.  Seems like Freshman 103 Champs sometimes struggle repeating as they grow a bit.  Don't think there has been a four timer that has started his run of 4 @ 103 since Ellis accomplished this feat in the late 80's.  He looked pretty confident out there this year in a deep weight class and sounded even more confident in his post finals interview!  Good Luck on your 4 year mission Nathan.

Agreed.  103 is probably the easiest weight class to win.  Not trying to take anything away from a state championship.  It's quite an accomplishment.  103 just has the highest percentage of freshmen.  What happens with Boston next year if he's at 112 with Todd, Brooks, Petrov, Phillips, etc?  The competition gets much steeper. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this kid!  I picked him to win it all in the state finals and he looked awesome and flawless!  I saw him  wrestle a month ago and knew then he was the complete package.  Just looking at his wrestling style told me he was a genuine champion!  Way to go Nathan!!!!You are my hero!!!!!Can't wait to watch you in the years ahead!!!!!!4-timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brooks will be back at 112 next year and will probably have too cut maybe 4 to five pounds  too do it. He looks bigger than he really is.He's wrestling 110 for Filas this April and will get his hair cut and trim his nails too make that!!Jarred  wants to be one of the "bigger" guys in his weight for once in his career.Good luck too all!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.