IHSAA Meet the Teams

mdupnorth3

Yeah, Mishawaka's picture and names look a little off!  And they have Binion as a finalist, but he placed 7th.  Great proof-reading IHSAA, you continue to impress the hell out of me.  I hope the commissioners actually watch the tournament saturday and not check their phones for basketball score updates.

I am just curious how all those teams have 10-15 coaches. 

Well if you take a look at all the Mishawaka coaches, you will notice there are about 6 guys who have wrestled there over the last 5 years, my guess is they are assistants. Or it could be that all those schools attract coaches because they have cool singlets and not girl singlets like Garrett. ;-)

I just did some quick adding and I noticed Mishawaka's incredible numbers:

Total Points Scored: 1,585

Total Points Allowed: 281

Number of times holding a team under 10 points: 16 (out of 28)

Post season scoring: Mishawaka: 139 Opposition: -1

Wrestlers with less than 10 losses on the season: 11

I just did some quick adding and I noticed Mishawaka's incredible numbers:

Total Points Scored: 1,585

Total Points Allowed: 281

Number of times holding a team under 10 points: 16 (out of 28)

Post season scoring: Mishawaka: 139 Opposition: -1

Wrestlers with less than 10 losses on the season: 11

YES!!!!!!!

The -1 came from Jimtown!!!!!!!!!

I am just curious how all those teams have 10-15 coaches. 

It's funny in many areas how coaches just start coming out of the woodwork when the program starts to really rise, but they are much harder to find during the other time. 

Well if you take a look at all the Mishawaka coaches, you will notice there are about 6 guys who have wrestled there over the last 5 years, my guess is they are assistants. Or it could be that all those schools attract coaches because they have cool singlets and not girl singlets like Garrett. ;-)

There are no cool singlets.  There are different styles.  Some are better than others.  None are cool.

mtw,

Somewhere in another post this became a joke from Y2 as to why when it came down to  Stahl choose Mishawaka over the Garrett wrestling program when he moved out of the EM district into the Mishawaka district ;-).

I believe the "cool" singlets Y2 referred to in that post were the regular singlets that have the wrestlers' names on them. However, I am a fan of the gray front singlets with the old english M on the front. But anyway, from what I understand, any singlet is cool compared to the Garrett singlets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.