BRING BACK THE ORGAN

au160

I can't remember the last time they had the organ playing during the state finals while they would do the face offs but it was one of my favorite memories. It was much better than having to listen to thunderstruck three times.

• 2 weeks later...

The face off used to be worth the price of admission alone.  I watched the face off from the 2005 Finals at my parents house the other night.  That organ will send chills down the spine.  Something I had never noticed was at the end of Kenneth Caldwell's introduction, Union County 189.  As the announcer read the achievements and moved onto Kenneth's decision to attend the Naval Academy, the organ finished playing out the note and then played the first few noted of "Anchors Aweigh."  Can't get that with "Thunderstruck."

Adrian Panko, PANKO Strength & Speed, www.pankostrengthandspeed.com

I think we need a petition ... or something i mean does anyone know who the guy was who used to play the organ? He used to get so into it. It seriously made the finals 10x better.

The organ did make the finals more unique.  You have middle school meets that will play ACDC during intros.  Is there an organ still at Conseco? 

I feel like high school kids are reading this thinking we are talking about phonographs and Morse code.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.