Participants are UP!!!

lpd096

Guest spectator

Now that the wrestlers have declared a weight who are the favorites who are the dark horses who is the long shot ?

Looking at 95, 102, 110

A few good ones:

95 - Carroll, Harvey, Belden, Rypel

102 - Fox, Childers, Lahue, Thomas, Kern

110 -Forte, Lecount, Loe

Just for fun...

At 95lbs: Chandler Carroll has to be the favorite.

Darkhorse: Blake Rypel (6th grader)

In the mix: Reitz, Lykins, Alexander, Harvey, and Belden.

At 102lbs: Jose Champagne, Hunter Fox, and Bailey LaHue ---favorites.

Darkhorse: Bryant Haynes

In the mix: Atkinson, Chaffee, Childers, McDaniel, Thomas, Jacinto and Glogouski.

At 110lbs: A HUGE match-up----LeCount and Forte, favorites.

Darkhorse: Denton Schurg

In the mix: Jolas, Dycus,  and Loe.

Just my opinion on who I know, I haven't seen a lot of kids so I am probably missing some.

It should be an exciting day of wrestling!  :)

Ok, let's see how close I get

75- I'm going to take Jake  Sinkovics ( he gets better every time I see him)

fighting it out for placements ( in no particular order) will be Cael McCormick, James Beck, C.J. Red, Sage Coy, Tyler Ferguson, Griffin Schermer and many others

80- Got to go with Drew Hughes ( looking for his second middle school title)

let's throw a jump ball up and see who comes down with it between Ryan Ford, Brett Johnson, and Charlie Baker

85- It is going to be a tough call with Kayla Miracle and Jake Tucker fighting it out ( hope it happens in the finals)

I think Michael Garza, Peyton Reese,  Josh Davis and Ethan Briggeman will all be wrestling late into the day

90- I think Brandon James is going to run with this one, while we watch some really good wrestling for the other placements with Tyler Fleener,  Jacob Cottey, Chase Osborn, Preston Mantel, Darden Schurg, Sawyer Miller and McMillan all in there.

95- You have to like Chandler Carroll here

I think C.J Alexander and Benjamin Harvey will be right up there with some popular names biting at their heels, with A.J Belden, Benjamin Lock, Blake Rypel, and Skyler Lykins all in the bracket

102- This going to be tough one between Bailey LaHue and Hunter Fox

Also fighting for a top spot will be Michael Thomas, Jose Champagne, Justin Atkinson and Forrest Glogouski

110- With 2 multiple state champs going at it for a gold team spot, we will all watch and see with the Cody LeCount and Tommy Forte match ( may the best man win)

Also looking strong this year Kyle Jolas, Evan Loe,  and Gerald Dycus

117 - I am going to have to call for a shoot out between Conner James and Joey Mammolenti with Rhett Hiestand looking to fill one of those spots too.

Then a fight out with 2 Perry kids in Ben Stewart and Aiden Kenny round it out with Levi Hess and Stevenson

125- My favorite here, I think is Kenny Hughes ( can both Hughes boys do it this weekend?)

He will have some strong competition with Evan Smiley, Cory Trouttman, Kyle Early, Fletcher Miller, Logan Feigel and many others in the bracket.

132- This is a tough one, the youngen  Isaiah Kemper vs. the veteran Luke Decker ( both looking good this year)

Then you add some experienced names like Jacob Stevenson, Jack Bolin and Derek Pearlman and you have a good bracket to watch

140-I  like Austin McCloskey here but he will get a hand full with Vincent Corsaro

and then we have Jeffery Scott and Link Dierks both looking for an upset

150- I don't know many here but I do know that I will have to take Scottie Sopko.  He gave it his all as a 6th grader last year and I am sure he will have his eye on the prize this year.

160-This will be the battle of the beasts with some really strong and talented wrestlers in the bracket. 3 of last years state champs.

I will take Michael Bates and Bobby Steveson in the finals but Nathan Warman could be the spoiler there.

Then climbing the ladder right behind them will be Brian Wagner, Caleb Sheets, Seth Meyer, and Mike Chaffee

175- I don't know the wrestlers in this bracket very well so I will go with a blind draw and say

Ryan Kelleher, Lukas Stoutenour, and Dakota Thacker

195- I really like the big man,  Gelen Robinson here.  He came up a little short, as a first year wrestler,  last year and I don't think he is going to let that happen this year.  I think Colin Riddle will also be in there looking for a spot

220-  I think the favorite here will be 8th grader Wesley Bernard.  He will get a few good matches in and I am looking forward to the match up between him and Mavrick Morningstar.

I know I missed a lot of good kids, especially in the upper weights, but it is just for fun.

Good luck to all who are wrestling this weekend and I look forward to seeing some really good match ups on Sunday.

Ok, let's see how close I get

75- I'm going to take Jake  Sinkovics ( he gets better every time I see him)

fighting it out for placements ( in no particular order) will be Cael McCormick, James Beck, C.J. Red, Sage Coy, Tyler Ferguson, Griffin Schermer and many others

80- Got to go with Drew Hughes ( looking for his second middle school title)

let's throw a jump ball up and see who comes down with it between Ryan Ford, Brett Johnson, and Charlie Baker

85- It is going to be a tough call with Kayla Miracle and Jake Tucker fighting it out ( hope it happens in the finals)

I think Michael Garza, Peyton Reese,  Josh Davis and Ethan Briggeman will all be wrestling late into the day

90- I think Brandon James is going to run with this one, while we watch some really good wrestling for the other placements with Tyler Fleener,  Jacob Cottey, Chase Osborn, Preston Mantel, Darden Schurg, Sawyer Miller and McMillan all in there.

95- You have to like Chandler Carroll here

I think C.J Alexander and Benjamin Harvey will be right up there with some popular names biting at their heels, with A.J Belden, Benjamin Lock, Blake Rypel, and Skyler Lykins all in the bracket

102- This going to be tough one between Bailey LaHue and Hunter Fox

Also fighting for a top spot will be Michael Thomas, Jose Champagne, Justin Atkinson and Forrest Glogouski

110- With 2 multiple state champs going at it for a gold team spot, we will all watch and see with the Cody LeCount and Tommy Forte match ( may the best man win)

Also looking strong this year Kyle Jolas, Evan Loe,  and Gerald Dycus

117 - I am going to have to call for a shoot out between Conner James and Joey Mammolenti

Then a fight out with 2 Perry kids in Ben Stewart and Aiden Kenny round it out with Levi Hess and Stevenson

125- My favorite here, I think is Kenny Hughes ( can both Hughes boys do it this weekend?)

He will have some strong competition with Evan Smiley, Cory Trouttman, Kyle Early, Fletcher Miller, Logan Feigel and many others in the bracket.

132- This is a tough one, the youngen  Isaiah Kemper vs. the veteran Luke Decker ( both looking good this year)

Then you add some experienced names like Jacob Stevenson, Jack Bolin and Derek Pearlman and you have a good bracket to watch

140-I  like Austin McCloskey here but he will get a hand full with Vincent Corsaro

and then we have Jeffery Scott and Link Dierks both looking for an upset

150- I don't know many here but I do know that I will have to take Scottie Sopko.  He gave it his all as a 6th grader last year and I am sure he will have his eye on the prize this year.

160-This will be the battle of the beasts with some really strong and talented wrestlers in the bracket. 3 of last years state champs.

I will take Michael Bates and Bobby Steveson in the finals but Nathan Warman could be the spoiler there.

Then climbing the ladder right behind them will be Brian Wagner, Caleb Sheets, Seth Meyer, and Mike Chaffee

175- I don't know the wrestlers in this bracket very well so I will go with a blind draw and say

Ryan Kelleher, Lukas Stoutenour, and Dakota Thacker

195- I really like the big man,  Gelen Robinson here.  He came up a little short, as a first year wrestler,  last year and I don't think he is going to let that happen this year.  I think Colin Riddle will also be in there looking for a spot

220-  I think the favorite here will be 8th grader Wesley Bernard.  He will get a few good matches in and I am looking forward to the match up between him and Mavrick Morningstar.

I know I missed a lot of good kids, especially in the upper weights, but it is just for fun.

Good luck to all who are wrestling this weekend and I look forward to seeing some really good match ups on Sunday.

Thanks for the honorable mention. He would have to do everything right. Forget the stuff he used to do and use the stuff he is learning.  A recent match against a really great wrestler he quit wrestling the way he is coached this year and went back to his old stuff and lost. The question is, which wrestler will show up? The one who has been wrestling very well, or the one that Lost recently? If he does everything right. If he wrestles the way he has been trained and have faith in the training. He could place. If worms had 45`s, birds would not screw with them...LOL...My only expectations are for him to give it his all. If he does that, win or lose, he has my respect and admiration. I am sure he will walk away from this tournament with a lot of things learned.

John McMillan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.