Individual Rankings Confound Me ???

Oscar

At 103: Alonzo Shepherd (SS qualifier) of Jeffersonville defeated #4 Levi Moss of Ben Davis at Franklin. Kayne Pike from Bloomington North has defeated Shephard twice. Luke Schroeder from Southwestern (Lost in the round to go a year ago) has defeated both Pike and Shephard and is currenlty undefeated at 103. Initially Moss fell to 10th or 11th and the trio from the South were either ranked low or unranked. This week Moss rose back up to #7 while Pike, Shepherd and Schroeder are all no where to be found.

Not critquing, not criticizing, just pointing out head to heads.

I will take these rankings over BCS anyday, Obviously the rankings guy and 90% of the people on this board are bias towards some place called "the region" and Northern Indiana wrestling.  They have every right to be because, (as much as i hate to say it) wrestling is alot better up there.

I think the RG has done an amazing job this year and yeah is he not perfect at all but he does a pretty good volunteer job that requires him to put in numerous hours of work sorting through emails, etc. to find results. 

There is also a chat that Y2, Decbell, and the RG has on here every so often so you can ask them any question you want about team or indiv. rankings.

At 103: Alonzo Shepherd (SS qualifier) of Jeffersonville defeated #4 Levi Moss of Ben Davis at Franklin. Kayne Pike from Bloomington North has defeated Shephard twice. Luke Schroeder from Southwestern (Lost in the round to go a year ago) has defeated both Pike and Shephard and is currenlty undefeated at 103. Initially Moss fell to 10th or 11th and the trio from the South were either ranked low or unranked. This week Moss rose back up to #7 while Pike, Shepherd and Schroeder are all no where to be found.

Not critquing, not criticizing, just pointing out head to heads.

Schroeder lost to 2nd place Kief last year in the ticket round 8-3.    But its not always a bad thing not be ranked

just because someone is 25-0 does not mean that they are one of the 16 best kids in the state.  that 25-0 "record may look more like 17-8 if they wrestled in the region... just a thought"

Or 15 and 10 if they wrestled in Southwestern Indiana.

Thanks, I'm such an idiot when it comes to these things. He wouldn't win a match if he wrestled in Da Region, or maybe break .500 over west. Just to clarify, if you live east of 65 you are not as good as those that live west of 65. Yeah, he's probably no good. Just go ahead and keep sleeping on him.

Thanks, I'm such an idiot when it comes to these things. He wouldn't win a match if he wrestled in Da Region, or maybe break .500 over west. Just to clarify, if you live east of 65 you are not as good as those that live west of 65. Yeah, he's probably no good. Just go ahead and keep sleeping on him.

Man I have guys that live on both the east and west side of 65.  Maybe I should start telling the one on the westside they should be preforming better.

thanks for the kind words tkdwn2.. for everyone who complains about the geographic distribution, check out the # of state champions and guys in the finals data divided by semi-state over the last 4 years which i posted on page 2 of the state champion predictions thread..

For those of you who are not familiar with Oscar you should read my quote at the bottom, which is associated with my screen name. The purpose of starting this thread was not to be critical of anyone, especially the ranking guy or y2 . I was and still am a little confused. I was not even referring to the 215 weight class. This is after all a "Discussion" board and good discussion of a topic should hopefully generate improvement. I assume all of us are or were wrestlers at one time. Many of us state champs or state placers. Was there ever a point were you felt you could not improve? Even if you were a state champ. Please no slamming. Be respectful. As I said before, I do appreciate what the Indiana Mat people do.  Muchas Gracias ! ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.