When does your middle school start?

Ours actually start a week into November.  We have one meet between Thanksgiving break and Winter break.  No practice over Winter break but then they hit the ground running with meets a week after school starts up again.  Season goes until the very first week of March.

Im on the fence on what is the best schedule to have.  If the meets didn't start until after Winter break we could have a few weeks of technique practice between Nov. and Dec.  To me that would help kids learning move without being ran off by the conditioning at the start of the season.  Or have a few meets before Winter break and end the season a few weeks earlier so the middle school kids take advantage of some more weekend ISWA folkstyle meets.  Right now many do not feel like attending them during middle school season since they are busy so much during the week with wrestling. 

Aside from when your middle school season is, I'd like to hear some other opinions on what coach are doing to try and improve their middle school season too.

At Jimtown we started this Monday and Wednesday in the evening.  Our Junior High team is 6,7,and 8.  We will keep this schedule until about Ind. Regionals, then we switch to everyday after school.  It gives kids a chance to get into the room and learn some technique without running them through full practices every day. 

We combine our 4th and 5th grade club kids into this group.  We try and keep these kids pumped up and it allows them to have something to look forward to.  It makes for a nice transition from Club only into Jr. High.

West Central's started 1/19. We don't have our 1st meet til Feb 11. I think it's kind of strange that the start time for middle school is all over the place. I would have thought it was generally the smae through out the state. guess i was wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.