results/poor postings

Wrestling people are our own worst enemies. We cry and complain that we get little or no media coverage and then when we have a resource like this, we don't use it.

If the coaches don't have the time to post the results of a dual meet then assign a person...Asst Coach...stat person...team mom..

We don't market ourselves well....dual meets should be an event that is fan friendly. Why not schedule your dual meet with your biggest rival on a Friday or Saturday night? Invite your alumni....recognize fromer state placers/champs...have music and lights, maybe elevate the mat, and make it an event that people remember and want to come back the next time.

Make it fun and entertaining and people will come back. Take a look at what some of the Minor League Baseball teams do to draw crowds....they don't say "hey we got a game with Pawtucket tonight, come on out."

Preach on grecoref!  Wrestling coaches want to be super secretive about their line-ups and who beat who.  When I look in the paper on Saturday mornings during football season I see the whole box score from football games.  Why can't wrestling coaches send in their stuff too? 

Last year Tyson Skinner had a great idea to keep track of kids with the most wins, pins and takedowns.  Only a handful(literally) of coaches participated. 

Yea it was sad only had about 5 or 6 coaches from whole state send stuff to me.

I agree some coaches don't know how to market their teams but i will also say some athletic depts don't help either.  I know trying to schedule a dual on a Fri at our school is a big no no due to basketball.

I have tried to have our duals between JV and varsity basketball games but that didn't go over either.

I will say our Athletic dept came through for us and got us a mat lamp so every dual is now wrestled under the light with the rest of the gym lights off so that is a cool feature.

Scottsburg and Seymour have started a cool traveling trophy last year and it seems like the battle for the "big Shoe"  has started to get the fans interested.  The big shoe is a size 18 wrestling shoe that was bronzed and we mounted it on a nice base with a bunch of name plates.  Neat idea and we had a decent amount of fans show up this year.  

I enjoy the HYPE !!  ...I  would like to see more individual results  i think it creates excitement among our wrestling community here    ..eventually i think it will spread over into other areas and hopefully more coverage outside of this site..I enjoy seeing individual results of the weights my 2 sons wrestle in or have wrestled in..Like i mentioned i believe it creates an overal excitement how everyone fared against each other beginning of season to end..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.