Marion County Tournament ***Brackets Included***

LoneSoldier

interesting seeding criteria at 285.  rematch of the capital city classic finals in the quarterfinals between 1st seeded Decker from BG and 8th seeded Schaefer from PM.  Both ranked top 16 in the state and wrestled a close 2-0 match in their first meeting. it looks to me as though the finals of this weight class is happening in the quarters for some reason.. can anyone shed light on this?

interesting seeding criteria at 285.  rematch of the capital city classic finals in the quarterfinals between 1st seeded Decker from BG and 8th seeded Schaefer from PM.  Both ranked top 16 in the state and wrestled a close 2-0 match in their first meeting. it looks to me as though the finals of this weight class is happening in the quarters for some reason.. can anyone shed light on this?

It looks to me as though you're overlooking some tough Marion County area 285lbers.

There are going to be some great matches this weekend!! Cant wait.

Josh Williams WC vs. Kenny Harris of PM will be an exciting semi-final match at 135

Hockenbury DC? vs.Bartley Ron in the semis could be a really good one.

Johnson PM vs. James PK,Rematchs Decker vs.  Harz    Wright vs. Kieffer   Nelson Vs Kieffer  

Boston vs. McKinley  will be both of there real test this early part of the season

Battle of the unbeaten frosh Bova PM vs. Moss BD.

These are just some of the matches I hope we get to see this weekend!!

Should be a very exciting weekend, Good luck to all!!Not overlooking anyone these are just some possibly great matches would love to see.

There are some really good 285 lbers in Marion county who haven't had info given for rankings consideration.  Vinny Parmer of Southport, for example, won Decatur Central Sectionals last year, and defeated Devin Shaeffer twice last year, including the sectional finals.  He has been having a great season, but is not well known except in Marion county.

so anybody have any predictions now that the brackets are out?  mine are

103 Moss over Bova

112 Mckinley over Boston

119 Keiffer over Nelsom

125 Wright over Keiffer

130 Keiffer over Bell

135 Black over Williams

140 Johnson over James

145 Decker over Harz

152 Tonte over Norris

160 Oliver over Kelly

171 Smith over Hockenberry

189 Johnson-Jones over Richards

215 Gaughan over Eckert

285 Schaefer over Parmer

There are some really good 285 lbers in Marion county who haven't had info given for rankings consideration.  Vinny Parmer of Southport, for example, won Decatur Central Sectionals last year, and defeated Devin Shaeffer twice last year, including the sectional finals.  He has been having a great season, but is not well known except in Marion county.

Parmer also defeated Schaeffer by Fall last week in a dual at Perry Meridian.

Here are some great matchups I hope to see:

Mckinley vs Boston

Kieffer  vs  Nelson

Kieffer  vs  Wright

Johnson vs Rattay

Decker  vs  Harz

Smith  vs  Hockenberry (I was wondering where he was at)

Johnson-Jones  vs  Richards

What weight class do you think is the tuffest I think 125 and 171 are the tuffest.

125 :

Brandon Wright

Justin Keiffer

Jason Simmons

Riley McClurg

171:

Mike Smith

Jake hockenbury

Jake Bartley

Kyle Masengale

Jones

Richards

Haskett

Enghauser

All are very solid!

Deker

Harz

Spencer

Pinkston

Anyone know who Haskett"s LN loss came from?

Loss by injury default to Franklin at Franklin Invitational, but beat him at Traicoff.

Thanks 189 looks to be really tough  Enghauser's loss to Jones, Richards only loss to Jones, and really two kids without a loss. This should be a battle Enghauser wrestled Robinson last year at 171 to a 3-0 score JRob winning a close one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.