Mishawaka Al Smith Classic Information

Darrick Snyder

Just got home from the hospital to check on him. x-rays were negitive, catscan was negitive, and will have a MRI tomorrow to check for ligament damage in his neck.  If there is damage he would be out 6 to 8 weeks.  Mom and dad said he's sore and HUNGRY.    He'll be fine.

Thanks for the concerns about Collin. He took a pretty good shot on his neck. He has a real nice neck brace (bling) to wear for a while. He's in good spirits and will be back a.s.a.d.l.h. (as soon as doctor lets him).

Glad to hear he's okay.  He was having a good season but this probably ends it.  You don't want to mess around with a neck injury.  Is he a junior? Hopefully he can come back and have a good senior season.

Thanks for the concerns about Collin. He took a pretty good shot on his neck. He has a real nice neck brace (bling) to wear for a while. He's in good spirits and will be back a.s.a.d.l.h. (as soon as doctor lets him).

Thank you for letting us know how he's doing. It's always scary seeing a wrestler down.

Hope he can be back on the mat soon!

Glad to hear he's okay.  He was having a good season but this probably ends it.  You don't want to mess around with a neck injury.  Is he a junior? Hopefully he can come back and have a good senior season.

Yes.

Collin is a Junior.  Finished second in Regionals as a Sophomore and we have/had big hopes for him this year.  We'll see what happens.

I was sitting above the mat when he was hurt.  We were very concerned at the time.  I am glad that someone finally convinced the medical staff to stop trying to move him off the mat!@#$%  That was nerve racking to see.  The Wood family will continue to keep you in our prayers.

I was sitting above the mat when he was hurt.  We were very concerned at the time.  I am glad that someone finally convinced the medical staff to stop trying to move him off the mat!@#$%  That was nerve racking to see.  The Wood family will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Thanks for your prayers awood2. I'm Collin and Nick Crume's dad. Collin gets an MRI Monday and if there's no tore ligaments, he could be released to wrestle. We'll see! He's a pretty tough kid.

It's funny that you're the only one that mentioned that fact about  moving him off the mat so soon. I saw the AD telling the trainers to "Get him off the mat, we need to keep this show running". I'm not sure how I feel about that... I still get a bit fired-up when I think about it.

It's funny that you're the only one that mentioned that fact about  moving him off the mat so soon. I saw the AD telling the trainers to "Get him off the mat, we need to keep this show running". I'm not sure how I feel about that... I still get a bit fired-up when I think about it.

I know how I would feel about it! The A.D. should have his @ss FIRED!! Wonder how he would feel if it were his son laying there on the mat in the same situation?? I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug, if this is true that he made that statement, this jackass should never be allowed to work in athletics again! Just my opinion as a wrestling parent... on a positive note I'm very glad your son is doing well & wish him a speedy recovery!

I know how I would feel about it! The A.D. should have his @ss FIRED!! Wonder how he would feel if it were his son laying there on the mat in the same situation?? I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug, if this is true that he made that statement, this jackass should never be allowed to work in athletics again! Just my opinion as a wrestling parent... on a positive note I'm very glad your son is doing well & wish him a speedy recovery!

Well said!  I totally agree!!!

I turned to the people next to me and told them that if it was that guy's son laying there I am sure we would have run the tournament on two mats for as long as needed.  I am fired up for you!  That should have never happened.  The ref tried to stop him and he got an ear full from the 'Dr.' too...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.