Mishawaka #1? Or will it be Merrillville?

EasyRider

After reading results and watching matches around the great state of Indiana this year, I think the Region (Northwest) has the best shot for another team title.  Mishawaka and Merrilville have pretty deep rosters, which we all know it takes to win a team title.  Although CP has some great wrestlers, it doesn't appear they have the depth to repeat this year.

I haven't had the chance to catch Yorktown this year, so I can't be certain.  It just seems that there are some really good programs in the region.  Coach Maldanado keeps putting up a strong squad year after year.... gotta have a great feeder program.

ER    8)

lOOKS like we might have a chance to see in Febuary.

Don't tink da dogs are gonna do it dis a year. However I tink da have a shot at da coaches trophy. 3 champs and maybe a couple of placers.

Ole coach Maldonado can turn grape juice into fine wine by da end of da season.

Truth11  Boy for your first post on the board you sure show what an  -------------------7 letter word you are.  When they count the individual winners at state from each semi-state don't include the South Bend area then.  The Merrillville semi-state has had the most winners for the last few years and most of them are from the region.

When it comes to the Merrillville-Mishawaka match I'll pick Mishawaka and I don't think it will be close.  Mishawaka has no weak weights

DuneFan:

Once upon a time we (when I say we I mean the Northwest and Northern part of Indiana which includes Mishawaka, Elkhart, to what is now self-proclaimed ?da region?) all used to share the same area code of 219. However, in the mid-90?s the Michiana area switched over to 574.  This may seem like unrelated events but I think it is a great metaphor for this topic? You didn?t leave us, we left you.

DuneFan:

Once upon a time we (when I say we I mean the Northwest and Northern part of Indiana which includes Mishawaka, Elkhart, to what is now self-proclaimed ?da region?) all used to share the same area code of 219. However, in the mid-90?s the Michiana area switched over to 574.  This may seem like unrelated events but I think it is a great metaphor for this topic? You didn?t leave us, we left you.

Or maybe they kicked you out.....

103 Stevens p Mishawaka

112 Beck maj Garcia

119 Padilla d Binion

125 Napules p Wisler

130 Shrader d valdivia

135 Guerra p Ponce

140 deluna d eddy

145 Avlas d Reinhold

152 Stahl p Sandefer p

160 White maj Nzeta

171 Morin maj Wengel

189 berry maj mishawaka

215 Lentz p nickerson

285 Travis d Thomas

DuneFan:

Even though we shared the same area code. The region has alwats been the northwest tip of Indiana. Mishawaka has never been part of the "REGION"

TheTruth and MAJAM152:

Please review the previous posts.  I did not refer to Mishawaka or the South Bend schools

as region schools.  I believe it was made by EasyRider.  However, since your schools are

in the region sem-state(Merrillville is in the region) I do root for your individuals when they are

wrestling somone other than a region wrestler.  It is no wonder that some of the region fans

harbor some hard feelings against people like you that seem to think that there is nothing

but scumbags in the region (NORTHWEST INDIANA)

OK - well this is fun.  How about back to the subject?!  After watching Mishawaka this weekend, I don't see anyone close to beating them.  Ontherise - you think that's how the matchup could end up, but you'll be surprised.  Mishawaka is solid in every weight class.  Even where you think they'd be weak - they are not.

Portage has wrestled both! I would have to give it to Mishawaka. They have too much talent and alot of depth. Not to mention that they have been there the last 4 years in a row! Coach Maldanado always gets the most out of his "athlete's". But Mishawaka has alot of talented wrestlers. And I don't think Merrillville will run up the bonus points on Mish. Just my thoughts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.