Jasper thread

Disco

Heres a better question. After 41 years of wrestling, why is Jasper not wrestling Castle? The contract called for Mater Dei, Blomington South, Jasper, Jeffersonville, Forest Park and Castle all to wrestle. Then Forest Park got out and Greencastle got in to take their place. Now Forest Park is back in and Castle and Jasper are not wrestling. I believe this is breaking a contract. Castle signed on to wrestle Mater Dei, Jasper, Bloomington South, Jeffersonville and a fifth team who ever it would be Greencastle or Forest Park.

Does anyone know the rotation of the duels?  Specifically, I am interested in Castle's schedule.

There will be 6 rounds with 4 mats. 1 mat will be for jv's. All mats will be in 1 gym. Fan seating will be limited to the upper floors.

Round 1: Jasper vs. Greencastle, Bl. South vs. Jeff, Mater Dei vs. Castle (Forest Park: Bye)

Round 2: Jasper vs. Jeffersonville, Castle vs. Forest Park, Bl. South ws. Greencastle (Mater Dai: Bye)

Round 3: Jasper vs. Bl. South, Greencastle vs. Forest Park, Mater Dai vs. Jeffersonville (Bye: Castle)

Round 4: Forest Park vs. Jeffersonville, Greencastle vs. Castle, Mater Dai vs. Bl. South (Bye: Jasper)

Round 5: Jasper vs. Forest Park, Mater Dai vs. Greencastle, Bl. South vs. Castle (Bye: Jeffersonville)

Round 6: Jasper vs. Mater Dai, Castle vs. Jeffersonville (Bye: Forest Park, Greencastle, Bl. South)

Officials: John Gillespie, Greg Moe, Corey Offerman, and Travis Cross

Heres a better question. After 41 years of wrestling, why is Jasper not wrestling Castle? The contract called for Mater Dei, Blomington South, Jasper, Jeffersonville, Forest Park and Castle all to wrestle. Then Forest Park got out and Greencastle got in to take their place. Now Forest Park is back in and Castle and Jasper are not wrestling. I believe this is breaking a contract. Castle signed on to wrestle Mater Dei, Jasper, Bloomington South, Jeffersonville and a fifth team who ever it would be Greencastle or Forest Park.

Good question coach. Something smells fishy.....

Sounds like something the AD's should talk about.  I doubt much will come of it on this site.

Sounds to me like someone (Jasper) is trying to avoid another team (Castle) that has a solid team this year.  Wonder what would happen if the tides were turned?  If I were Jasper, I'd want to wrestle the best competition there but it doesn't appear we have the same train of thought. 

Lighten up Coach Harmon. If you wasn't so busy holding your breath, kicking and screaming on the floor trying to get your way, you might realize that this year is a unique situation. With the supposed drop out of Forest Park and the addition of Greencastle, then FP staying in the tournament, that puts someone not getting to wrestle someone.Remember a team can only wrestle 5 times in one day. You have different teams wanting to wrestle each other and other teams not wanting to wrestle certain teams. Not everyone is going to be pleased with the scheduling, I get that. But I am sure the Jasper  coach and AD are doing the best with the request they had. So, bottom line is, your not going to get your way ALL the time. Just most of it!!

Lighten up Coach Harmon. If you wasn't so busy holding your breath, kicking and screaming on the floor trying to get your way, you might realize that this year is a unique situation. With the supposed drop out of Forest Park and the addition of Greencastle, then FP staying in the tournament, that puts someone not getting to wrestle someone.Remember a team can only wrestle 5 times in one day. You have different teams wanting to wrestle each other and other teams not wanting to wrestle certain teams. Not everyone is going to be pleased with the scheduling, I get that. But I am sure the Jasper  coach and AD are doing the best with the request they had. So, bottom line is, your not going to get your way ALL the time. Just most of it!!

And now we know hwy you are Just1Guy...and Not a part of the group.

I would venture to say Castle has ALWAYS wanted to wrestle Jasper.  As others have said, Jasper is a respected program (as are the others BTW) but the 41 years of competition seems like a horrible string to break.  

Personally I am not about to say the Jasper Coaches are behind some grand plan to dodge anyone.  I think they found themselves in an odd situation and have done what they could.   I am more concerned with the biggest draw of the year (maybe in the entire state) of the Castle/MD match up being slated for 8 am Central Time.   Both teams getting off the bus and onto the mat to face their toughest competition in the region annually.   Seems like it would have been beneficial to all concerned to place that match up later in the day to allow the teams and the fans to build anticipation.

But then does it really matter?  It's GOING t happen...They will meet and it will be another chapter in the history of these two programs.    

Personally I am not about to say the Jasper Coaches are behind some grand plan to dodge anyone.  I think they found themselves in an odd situation and have done what they could.   I am more concerned with the biggest draw of the year (maybe in the entire state) of the Castle/MD match up being slated for 8 am Central Time.   Both teams getting off the bus and onto the mat to face their toughest competition in the region annually.   Seems like it would have been beneficial to all concerned to place that match up later in the day to allow the teams and the fans to build anticipation.

But then does it really matter?  It's GOING t happen...They will meet and it will be another chapter in the history of these two programs.    

Both teams will meet fresh with the same / equal advantage. No injuries no fatigue etc. Bloomington has Mater Dei 4th round and Castle 5th. I would rather have them early.

Guess what I am saying is that no matter what the draw everyone will not be happy!

Both teams will meet fresh with the same / equal advantage. No injuries no fatigue etc. Bloomington has Mater Dei 4th round and Castle 5th. I would rather have them early.

Guess what I am saying is that no matter what the draw everyone will not be happy!

Agreed...

But from a fan stand point, I would love to see the build up to all this!  ;D

MD's Line up for Saturday:

103:  Weinzapfel

112:  Weinzapfel

119:  Weinzapfel

125:  Weinzapfel

130:  Weinzapfel

135:  Weinzapfel

140:  Weinzapfel

145:  Weinzapfel

152:  Weinzapfel

160:  Weinzapfel

171:  Weinzapfel

189:  Weinzapfel

215:  Weinzapfel

285:  Smith

;D

MD's Line up for Saturday:

103:  Weinzapfel

112:  Weinzapfel

119:  Weinzapfel

125:  Weinzapfel

130:  Weinzapfel

135:  Weinzapfel

140:  Weinzapfel

145:  Weinzapfel

152:  Weinzapfel

160:  Weinzapfel

171:  Weinzapfel

189:  Weinzapfel

215:  Weinzapfel

285:  Smith

;D

BlueBolt you are ate up!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the point that bharmon01 is trying to make is that the contract between the schools calls for Castle to wrestle Mater Dei, Bloomington South, Jasper, and Jeffersonville.  That even though there was a screw-up with FP and Green, under the contract Castle should at least wrestle those four schools.  Just my legal opinion.

I think the point that bharmon01 is trying to make is that the contract between the schools calls for Castle to wrestle Mater Dei, Bloomington South, Jasper, and Jeffersonville.  That even though there was a screw-up with FP and Green, under the contract Castle should at least wrestle those four schools.  Just my legal opinion.

Valid, Forest Park and Greencastle should be placed in the rotation after THE CONTRACTURAL match ups have been satisfied.  I think this is fairly obvious. So the dodging conclusion stands pretty tall here, whether or not that was what happened.

I can agree that Castle - as well as the other schools that signed the contract - should be expected to fulfill the contract by competing against the originially contracted schools.

Any additions should then be dealt with per the bylaws of the IHSAA and it's rules committee.

first off... just1guy, im thinking of adopting a few kids just so Harmon can coach them!!!! go have some cheese with that wine... and btw the correct Castle lineup is:

103 Welch

112 Welch

119 Welch

125 Welch

130 Welch

135 Daugherty

140 Daugherty

145 Daugherty

152 Daugherty

160 yo' mama

171 Daugherty

189 Daugherty

215 Daugherty

285 Brown

first off... just1guy, im thinking of adopting a few kids just so Harmon can coach them!!!! go have some cheese with that wine... and btw the correct Castle lineup is:

103 Welch

112 Welch

119 Welch

125 Welch

130 Welch

135 Daugherty

140 Daugherty

145 Daugherty

152 Daugherty

160 yo' mama

171 Daugherty

189 Daugherty

215 Daugherty

285 Brown

come one there is bound to be a seitz in the lineup hahah

but seriously, a contract is suppose to be followed and if it isnt, then why should i follow the contract to pay up on the my student loans? Oh yeah, if i dont, ill get sued. Bottom line, the ADs should talk and get it all sorted out

I heard yo'momma was going to 171 for this meet!  Any word on that?

103 Welch

112 Welch

119 Welch

125 Welch

130 Welch

135 Daugherty

140 Daugherty

145 Daugherty

152 Daugherty

160 yo' mama

171 Daugherty

189 Daugherty

215 Daugherty

285 Brown

This has already gotten past the point of being absurd.  If you want to go that route, Jasper has a contract to wrestle with every team there.  So we (Jasper) could either not wrestle one team or illegally wrestle 6 times tomorrow.  Which wold you prefer?  There was a simple mix up.  We were under the impression that Forest Park was not going to be coming this year, so we signed a contract with Greencastle.  Forest Park had one more year on the contract and decided they wanted to stay in for one more year to honor the contract.  Its nobodies fault and its NOT a big deal.  Things will go back to normal next year when forest park is no longer in the meet.  But for this year, every team simply cannot wrestle every other team. It is ONE year.  We will be back to wrestling every one of these teams next year.

It really makes no sense to me why people on here are acting like it would be fine for us to not wrestle either Forest Park or Greencastle when we have a contract with them as well.  Are they less important? Because that is the attitude I am sensing on this board. I think everyone would be better served if they concentrated on the tough competition that they DO have tomorrow instead of worrying about who they don't have.

For the people that say that we duck good competition, have you even looked at our schedule?  The first week of our schedule we see four of the top 12 teams in the state.  In a couple of weeks we will hop on a bus and drive to Mishawaka for, in my opinion, the best individual tournament in the state.  If we wanted to avoid tough competition and inflate our records, I am sure that there are easier and closer tournaments that we could go to.  Not only do we face plenty of ranked teams throughout the year, we also face plenty of tough unranked teams (Heritage Hills, Princeton, Mount Vernon, Jeffersonville etc.)  One year of not wrestling Castle doesn?t change that. I have a lot of respect for Castle?s wrestling program.  In my four years of coaching at Jasper I have never had any bad experiences with Castle coaches or fans.  Lets not change that by acting immature.

Mark McComish

Jasper Assistant Coach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.