Jasper thread

Disco

This has already gotten past the point of being absurd.   If you want to go that route, Jasper has a contract to wrestle with every team there.  So we (Jasper) could either not wrestle one team or illegally wrestle 6 times tomorrow.  Which wold you prefer?  There was a simple mix up.  We were under the impression that Forest Park was not going to be coming this year, so we signed a contract with Greencastle.  Forest Park had one more year on the contract and decided they wanted to stay in for one more year to honor the contract.  Its nobodies fault and its NOT a big deal.  Things will go back to normal next year when forest park is no longer in the meet.  But for this year, every team simply cannot wrestle every other team. It is ONE year.  We will be back to wrestling every one of these teams next year.

It really makes no sense to me why people on here are acting like it would be fine for us to not wrestle either Forest Park or Greencastle when we have a contract with them as well.  Are they less important? Because that is the attitude I am sensing on this board. I think everyone would be better served if they concentrated on the tough competition that they DO have tomorrow instead of worrying about who they don't have.

For the people that say that we duck good competition, have you even looked at our schedule?  The first week of our schedule we see four of the top 12 teams in the state.  In a couple of weeks we will hop on a bus and drive to Mishawaka for, in my opinion, the best individual tournament in the state.  If we wanted to avoid tough competition and inflate our records, I am sure that there are easier and closer tournaments that we could go to.  Not only do we face plenty of ranked teams throughout the year, we also face plenty of tough unranked teams (Heritage Hills, Princeton, Mount Vernon, Jeffersonville etc.)  One year of not wrestling Castle doesn?t change that. I have a lot of respect for Castle?s wrestling program.  In my four years of coaching at Jasper I have never had any bad experiences with Castle coaches or fans.  Lets not change that by acting immature.

Mark McComish

Jasper Assistant Coach

[/quote         

Nice to know the assistant coaches are well informed!

Anyone have the individual results for jeff? i couldnt make it today

there is some stuff on the results page. jeff had a good day. hhc competition results were a little misleading and conference is weaker than first thought. looked good but still a ways behind the top in the state. bsouth and mater dei very tough but jeff competed. matched up better against castle. jeff had 3 or 4 guys undefeated. come post season the boys could make some noise. i think there could be multiple state qualifiers.

Jeff competed well today. Lost a few matches we could have one and lost some close matches against great competition. Weekley wrestled well against great competition (took Barlow into overtime and a close match with Weinzapfel). Browner looked impressive all day at 171 (15-0 on season), Miller looked good at 119 (15-0 on season), and Shepherd was tough at 103 (14-1 on season).

Individual records on the day:

103 Shepherd 5-0  weight class champion beat #12 ranked Pike Bloomington South 4-1         

112 Smith 4-1

119 Miller 5-0 weight class champion

125 Castro 1-4

130 Simpson 3-2

135 Weekley 3-2

140 Harbin 1-4

145 Dryden 1-4

152 Tatgenhorst 2-3

160 Marlin 1-4

171 Browner 5-0 weight class champion

189 Bowen 0-5

215 Pratt 1-3

Curtley 1-0

285 Curtley 2-1

Gibson 0-2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.