match of year

soup45

Try and show a little class Macmerry

#1 - It's McMurray.

#2 - Do you and Booker T hang out? Ya'll sure aren't Portage fans, or fans of me for that matter..

#3 - If you don't like my humor, don't read it!  I have a father at home and I don't need another one on the internet.  :o

I think the match of the year will hopefully be a rematch of the state championship at 112 Josh Kieffer vs. Hawkins That was the best match of the year last year and I think it will be a great one if everything plays out!

I have to agree, Caliboy.  This was a battle and will be an even better battle if it happens again!  Both kids are hard-working gamers.  And gamers dont like to lose! Makes for an exciting match!

actually i think my brother is quite the funny guy and correction he does have the brain level possibly higher have you seen what u need for MSU?

now on the subject i saw phillips was bumping down to 103 so will this match happen? if it does could this be a preview of 112 state title coming in feb if they stay the same?

actually i think my brother is quite the funny guy and correction he does have the brain level possibly higher have you seen what u need for MSU?

now on the subject i saw phillips was bumping down to 103 so will this match happen? if it does could this be a preview of 112 state title coming in feb if they stay the same?

No need, bro..  It's all in good fun.  You can't expect people to like you without others disliking you..

I think if Phillips made or makes 103, he will wrestle it in February.  But, either way, the kid has the heart and skill level to defend his state championship.

And even though I picked Phillips over Campbell, I understand that Campbell can beat anyone in the state... It's just that Phillips and I are good friends, and he is a champ..  Until I see it, I have to go with the guy I've seen wrestle (and win) dozens of times.

No need, bro..  It's all in good fun.  You can't expect people to like you without others disliking you..

I think if Phillips made or makes 103, he will wrestle it in February.  But, either way, the kid has the heart and skill level to defend his state championship.

And even though I picked Phillips over Campbell, I understand that Campbell can beat anyone in the state... It's just that Phillips and I are good friends, and he is a champ..  Until I see it, I have to go with the guy I've seen wrestle (and win) dozens of times.

Defend? IMO, no one now is defending a state championship, even you.  They are going out there to WIN a state championship.

so having a target on your back isnt defending anything? i think all returners are defending something

You may have a target on your back, but if you go out there thinking that your defending something, then your wrong.  That is where some people get confused. You need to go out there to win a state championship, not defend one.  I understand what you are saying, and you are defending your brother, but nobody is defending anything.  When you go out on the mat, the playing field is equal.  As I believe the quote goes, "There ain't a horse that can't be road, or a man that can't be throwed."

im not just defendin him tho i can understand after senior year being called three timer four timer what nt but your are a two time or a defending state champ after winning it i believe until dethroned most kids move up about the same so id be considering the guy who won it last year in my weight moving up wit me being a defending state champ

The match didn't happen as some predicted.  Cody wrestled 103 and looked like a beast. It's a bad day to be a 103 lbr if you have to wrestle him.  He went undefeited with a great win against a stud from Mason Ohio.  The hype that went on for Campbell and Phyllips to wrestle didn't bother Campbell much either.  He ended his day also undefeited with a huge win over a state placer from Mason Ohio 22-11.  It was also extremely nice to observe Cody and Brenden acting as though nothing was ever brought up, infact I don't think they even spoke of it. They were screwing around and beating on each other as if they were brothers.  Its great to see such tough young men so close as friends.  Congrats to both young men on a job well done!!!!!!  way to beat the Buckeye Boys!!!! 

I have to agree, Caliboy.  This was a battle and will be an even better battle if it happens again!  Both kids are hard-working gamers.  And gamers dont like to lose! Makes for an exciting match!

NOthing beats the Wright/ Eppert match of last year...

After the great matches  i wanna see are

lentz/Cleveland

Vlahos/ McMurry

Tsirtsis and Mullins

The match didn't happen as some predicted.  Cody wrestled 103 and looked like a beast. It's a bad day to be a 103 lbr if you have to wrestle him.  He went undefeited with a great win against a stud from Mason Ohio.  The hype that went on for Campbell and Phyllips to wrestle didn't bother Campbell much either.  He ended his day also undefeited with a huge win over a state placer from Mason Ohio 22-11.  It was also extremely nice to observe Cody and Brenden acting as though nothing was ever brought up, infact I don't think they even spoke of it. They were screwing around and beating on each other as if they were brothers.  Its great to see such tough young men so close as friends.  Congrats to both young men on a job well done!!!!!!  way to beat the Buckeye Boys!!!! 

Correction- the 112 from Mason was not a state placer... he qualified for their state tournament at 103 last year but didnt make it out of the first round... and he was in division 1 out of Ohio's 3 divisions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.