IU Lineup?

This was posted by Earl from  www.d1collegewrestling.net

I was told last week that it should look like:

149-Kinser 157-Coughlin 165-Young...Last year's 149lber Nick Walpole is no longer at IU

Indiana should be tough, especially in a year where the Big Ten will not be quite as deep as normal.  Escobedo will be a high AA and you have a couple of potential AA's here and in Trevor Perry.

Can anyone close to the program confirm this?  This was the first I had heard about Nick.

2009-10 Roster

Coaches 

Name Year Weight Hometown/High School

Avery, Nick RS JR 174        Foxboro, Mass/Foxboro

Cameron, Eric RS JR 184    Cincinnati, Ohio/Moeller

Capezio, Geno RS FR 133    Carol Stream, Ill./Glenbard North

Coughlin, Matt RS SR 157  Evansville, Ind./Mater Dei

Escobedo, Angel RS SR 125 Griffith, Ind./Griffith

Everhart, Nate SR HWT      Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew

Fagiano, Joe JR HWT          Chicago, Ill./St. Patrick

Fike, Wesley RS SR 125        South Bend, Ind./Penn

Kinser, Kurt RS JR 149        Bloomington, Ind./Bloomington South

Konz, Ryan RS FR 157          Franklin, Tenn./Franklin

Kuhn, Justin SR 197 I          Indianapolis, Ind./North Central

Monaco, Danny RS FR 141  Carol Stream, Ill./Glenbard North

Ortega, Matt RS SO 133      Rio Rancho, N.M./Rio Rancho

Perry, Trevor RS SR 174    Davison, Mich./Davison

Powless, Matt RS SO 184    Newburgh, Ind./Evansville Memorial

Viterisi, Nick RS FR 141    Bloomington, Ind./Bloomington South

Warren, Alex RS JR 149    Mooresville, Ind./Mooresville

Young, Paul RS JR 165        Bloomington, Ind./Bloomington South

Coaches

Duane Goldman - Head Coach

Pat DeGain - Assistant Coach

Joe Dubuque - Assistant Coach

It appears as though the frosh class is missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Viterisi or Monaco at 141? Someone else, maybe one of the freshmen? Anyone know?

Yo Dingo-I look for Max Ortega to take 141 -JensenS is talking about how Drake is the greatest freshman ever at Cornell and he beat Max 5-2 at Sr. Nationals .

Is Alex Warren the 49 pounder -Kinser couldn't make it last year and is rated 11th by Earl .

Does anyone know if Angel is healthy ??

Does  anyone know if Fagiano will be at 97 and Powless at 84 ?With Cameron and Coughlin on the bench ??

Look for Max to redshirt. Veta is looking good at 141.  Angel is healthy and is hungry to win the title again. Warren is at 149, but won't beat Kinser. Kurt will likely be at 149 with Coughlin at 157. I'm not too sure about the heavier guys, but I will look in to it when I visit this weekend.

what happened to george malone from south bend riley? Also, isn't Bryce Grimes wrestling for the hoosiers???

I heard Malone fell victim to grades and Grymes -the LN kid ?-is  at 184 -Vate and Monaco should battle all season for 141 -with the depth in the big 10 at 41 I hope they can put a coupla W's up. if Kinser could not make it last year how will he this year ? Young is in the deepest weight I've sen in a long time -he is ranked 8th in the big 10 and 15th in the nation .Earl @Div 1 has #2-Schlattner 3,Howe 4,M*,5then Sponsellor ,Vallimont  and Poltz will be coming in off RS -Manuel moves up to 174 -Paul will be OK. Perry is at #7 due to his rd of 12 finish and I was wondering if Powless or Cameron was at 184 with Fagiano back from Hofstra ? So IU lost 3 of their freshman class ? Cook,Ramos and Malone ?Cook was the heir apparent and will be missed at hwt . Kriss is a nice addition .-but I was wondering how Fagiano can bounce between schools like that ? I remember back in the day having trouble getting credits to transfer from IUPUI to Bloomington and Fagiano can go to the CAA and back w/out repercussions ?