IN vs IL

Sandefer pinned, young won by dec, mosier pinned, runyan lost by dec, grimes won by dec, shrews lost in a close one, berry lost by major I think, chalfant lost by dec

hey Coach was that Sandefer pinned his guy or got pinned.. Sry sometimes I need things spelled out... ???

Congrats to both IN teams on their victories today.  All of you represented our state with class and competed like champions.  A thanks goes out to Coach McCormick, you did a great job organizing this whole event. 

The A dual meet was very exciting with the dual coming to a dead heat at 25-25, but IN won on criteria.  I couldn't see every match, but it was back and fourth the whole time.

The AA dual meet, our kids came to wrestle and it showed. 

112 lost by TF

119 won by maj Dec

125 won by TF

130 won by dec

135 won by dec

140 won by fall

145 won by dec

152 won by fall

160 lost by dec

171 won by fall

189 lost by dec, TKD in OT

215 lost by dec or maj dec

HWT lost by dec

103 lost by ???

Great job going 2-0 against  ILL.

Coach Weimer

I would like to thank the Indiana wrestlers for their participation in today's IN/IL event.  After a grueling four month season, these wrestlers travelled to Crawfordsville in the name of Indiana wrestling!  All 28 Indiana wrestlers showed up for Saturday's practice from 3-5pm.  All 28 Indiana wrestlers showed up today to compete, and they did an awesome job!

Thank you to those parents, volunteers, coaches and wrestling fans for making the trip to Wabash College today in support of our Indiana wrestlers.  We were treated to some great wrestling today whether in victory or defeat.  Cashe's convincing win, Sandefur's cement mixer to come from behind, McGinley's last second heroics, Graber's all important win by decision, Eppert and Young's gutsy performances, Mosier's quick fall --- these were just a few of the fine performances our wrestlers gave today.

In the end it was about pride and fellowship.  These men didn't have to travel to C-ville this week-end other than for the sheer fact of, "loving to compete in the sport of wrestling!"  Hopefully, some new friends were made, some college coaches shook some hands and  some final memories were made.  I again want to thank Wabash College for allowing us to hold this event on their campus.  I will post detailed scores in the next couple of days.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

It was a great day for all of the wrestlers.  They each fought hard and made some wrestling magic happen on a beautiful Sunday.  I believe I have the correct scores per match, but I could be off by which IN wrestler lost by maj dec (sorry I watched both mats).  I know the final score is correct:

?A? Team Match by Match Results

160 Meyers won by fall (Meyers had a great first match; he also went first because he also had an exhibition match) 6-0

103 Shue lost by fall 6-6

112 Colon lost by dec 6-9

119 Johns won by dec 9-9

125 Grey lost by maj dec 9-13

130 Egolf lost by dec 9-16

135 Mascaro won by maj dec (The clash of two funky wrestlers 12-2) 13-16

140 Barrett won by dec 16-16

145 McGinley won by dec (came from behind in the last few seconds - looked close to a pinning) 19-16

152 Brogden lost by dec 19-19

171 Mappes lost by dec  (Very close 9-10 match that went down to the last sec) 19-22

189 Graber won by dec 22-22

215 Allen won by dec (Excellent match with a lot of action for 2 big men) 25-22

HWT White lost by dec  25-25

IN 26  IL 25

Went down to 6th criteria, IN wins!

6. The team having the greater number of first points scored

P.S. Thanks goes to Coach McCormick and all of the Coaches there supporting their wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.