IN vs IL

Wow, this is so lame. The Illinois faithful must be a little shocked that we beat them, so now it's "we don't send our best", "they put more emphasis on this meet", "they (Indiana) always send their very best".

A few posters give credit where credit is due, but the arrogance is a little off-putting.

Congrats to these Indiana teams for finally whipping our neighbors to the west. I think this is further evidence that Indiana wrestling is as strong as it has been in some time.

For those counting at home, that's 10 2009 state champs and 3  runners-up for Illinois "big-school" team vs. 7 2009 state champs, 2 runner-up and a former state champ for Indiana's "big team".

3 multi-X champs, 3 additional former or current state champs and 2 runners-up for the Ill. "small team" vs. zero state champs and 4 runners-up for Indiana's "small team".

Here are the official Class A results per weight from Sunday.  Sorry Mr. Grey and Mr. Egolf for getting your results wrong.  You both wrestled hard and all who watched appreciated your efforts!

Team Reagan - Class A (Small School)

Indiana 26, Illinois 25

Match ended in 25-25 tie. Indiana wins on 6th tie breaker criteria - Most 1st match points

103: Anthony Sciaccotta, Chicago, IL (St. Patrick) (38-5) Pinned Casey Shue, Western, IN HS (24-8) Time 1:30

112: Sergio Figueroa, Harvard, IL Dec. Francisco Colon, Columbus North, IN (40-6) Score 3-2

119: Alex Johns, Evansville, IN (Reitz) (52-2) Dec. Brian Lovell, Harvard, IL (44-4) Score 15-10

125: Tom Cole, Bloomington, IL (41-5) Dec. Johnny Grey, Cathedral, IN (46-5) Score 3-1

130: Seth Milks, Dakota, IL (36-4) Maj. Dec. Austin Egolf, Columbia City, IN Score 13-4

135: Will Mascaro, Carmel, IN (46-1) Maj. Dec. John VanDuyne, Wilmington (43-1) Score 12-2

140: Chad Barrett, Eastern, IN (49-3) Dec. Garrett Talla, Petersburg (PORTA), IL (42-7) Score 9-4

145: Gavin McGinley, Cathedral, IN (35-5) Dec. David Tuomi, Melrose Park (Walther Lutheran), IL (34-3) Score 7-3

152: Jake Murphy, Wilmington, IL (40-3) Dec. Drew Brogden, Zionsville, IN (44-3) Score 8-4

160: Mark Myers, Crown Point, IN (45-1) Pinned Colton Unzicker, Gibson City, IL (40-2) Time 2:36

160: Isaiah Gonzalez, Lombard (Montini), IL (48-6) Dec. Mark Myers, Crown Point, IN (45-1) Score 4-2

171: Shea Baker, Murphysboro, IL (38-0) Dec. Shelby Mappes, Center Grove, IN (44-4) Score 10-9

189: Drew Graber, Northridge, IN (43-1) Dec. Jason Cleary, Mahomet-Seymour, IL (43-8) Score 9-4

215: Aris Allen, Fort Wayne (Northside), IN (40-2) Dec. Cody Force, Argenta-Oreana, IL (41-1) Score 11-5

285: David Devine, Petersburg (PORTA), IL (47-0) Dec. Alexander White, Mt. Vernon, IN (53-2) Score 9-6

Wow, this is so lame. The Illinois faithful must be a little shocked that we beat them, so now it's "we don't send our best", "they put more emphasis on this meet", "they (Indiana) always send their very best".

A few posters give credit where credit is due, but the arrogance is a little off-putting.

Congrats to these Indiana teams for finally whipping our neighbors to the west. I think this is further evidence that Indiana wrestling is as strong as it has been in some time.

This meet was a lot of fun. Our boys wrestled their hearts out. These wrestlers deserve alot of credit and to hear the IL fans just brushing it off as they didn't send their best is a horrible excuse and a discredit to these kids. I think that the "A" meet should have been 31-22 in favor of IN at the end. I think that Shelby Mappes was robbed. He was holing on trying to not give up the takedown and his back was exposed but the ref let it go on without awarding a td. Shelby then lets go and goes to his belly, the takedown is then awarded followed by 2 backpoints. How can backpoints be awarded without even counting? And the ref cant count until a td is awarded.  Also I think Gavin Mcginley had his kid stuck and the ref didn't call it. Well that is my tirade on that.

On a lighter note did you guys see mcginley's singlet? It looked like it was gonna split in the behind. Talk about a tight singlet.

The Illinois fans sure are whining on themat.com about their loss.  Congrats to the IN team for showing up and wrestling their hearts out. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.