Mass Emailing from Blake Ress Concerning House Bill 1733 UPDATE!!

Insanoflex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love wrestling and hate that the IHSAA keeps voting down proposals that will help our sport as much as anyone here.  However, I think our state govt. has more important things to do than take up time with this.  I'd much rather see them tackling property taxes, education funding, jobs, etc., than high school sports.

Ditto on that.

I emailed Craig Fry requesting that he vote "No" on HB 1733.

He responded with a couple of emails.  He too has it in for the IHSAA.  Some issue with his son on the Penn Baseball State Championship team. 

Anyway.  I think that from his responses, there are a number of legislators that are not very happy with the IHSAA.  They may have dodged the bullet this time, but I hope it is a shot over the bow that makes them change their arrogant attitudes and listen to what others have to say.

Can someone explain how they think that the high school sports would have been better off had the DOE taken over?  The DOE can barely handle the job they are assigned to do, which is the make sure kids are educated.  Causes for this are many and depend on your political views, but their job is tough enough.  Have you noticed graduation rates?  Also, how will the DOE be more responsive?  The high schools will not have any control on who runs the show, as they do today.  In fact, I think it would be more autocratic and arbitrary.

I believe this was just a message to the IHSAA not to get too complacent and unresponsive to the needs of  each and every sports community. I think some one got their attention. I hope they got the message !!!!!!  They should know what is going to happen if they get back on that " high horse" ( Need a picture here?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.