TEAM STATE!!!

Hillbilly JIM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is we will all have to wait until Saturday to find out if any of this banter is worth the time at the keyboard...So why not just let the kids wrestle this out and let things happen as they happen?

There are 8 REALLY great teams in this thing!

Best of luck to ALL and here is to hoping for a healthy end of the season!

Why let the kids wrestle it out when we can post our opinions on the matter in relative anonymity. And it is more fun this way.  ;D

My guess is we will all have to wait until Saturday to find out if any of this banter is worth the time at the keyboard...So why not just let the kids wrestle this out and let things happen as they happen?

Why let the kids wrestle it out when we can post our opinions on the matter in relative anonymity. And it is more fun this way.  ;D

It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out...

You said it my friend. 

The last thing we need is MD85 getting on here saying that a Castle kid that just finished 7th in the state  will get pinned because a MD freshman did last year.  He did not get pinned by Porras on his way to a state championship last week.  He did not get pinned by Cook who pinned Harper and I doubt that he will get pinned by a less than 100% Harper.  That is why they wrestle though.  Sure wish we could get some southern support from our fellow SIAC member.

I did not say Castle would lose.  I said it was highly unlikely that Mishawaka's three time state champ would only get a three point decission against a one time 7th placer.

harper will not tech seitz because he doesnt know how to score points. I've never seen the kid turn anyone. He just knows how to ride and is nearly impossible to get out on.

Now this is plain crazytalk.  Lord knows I think Andrew can beat anyone he sets his mind to beating, but to say Harper never turns anyone is simply CRAZY.

What you just may see is one heck of a great match between two great kids!

I did not say Castle would lose. I said it was highly unlikely that Mishawaka's three time state champ would only get a three point decission against a one time 7th placer.

These are Harper's margins of victory at state over his career according to IHSAA.org. Judging by the numbers, if he's not getting the pin, it'll end up being a minor decision. Also Porras, who is better than Harper this year, only beat Seitz 5-1 at state.

Freshman

fall 1:43

4-1

4-2

6-3

Sophomore

fall 0:38

2-0

6-1

7-4

Junior

7-0

fall 2:17

4-2

3-2

Senior

8-2

3-1

:) How is discussion of our guesses about outcomes in any way hindering or conflicting with "just letting the kids wrestle this out?"  Of course they will wrestle it out, but this forum will continue to discuss its expectations.  And that is interesting to some of us.  Then the actual on the mat event will be the basis for additional discussion.

The banter at the keyboard is always worth it.  It is part of the overall experience and journey of enjoyment.  It is fun to predict.  I have made lots of predictions and I have usually been wrong.  One year I projected the score of a Mishawaka match at the Rochester Team Regionals and I hit it exactly.  It felt like what I would imagine someone might feel hitting a hole-in-one.

Of course let the kids wrestle, but let the old geezers banter at the same time.  One is not against the other.

I'm going to be honest I hate that everyone bad taks Harper. If his shoulder had not gotten hurt we all know that he would be a four time state champ. But bad things happen to good people. He is a class act. He has never done anything unsportsman like to make people hate him. I also say this from a view point of someone who has seen him wrestle in person for the past four years. His team eliminated mine from team regionals last year and i still have the utmost respect for the guy. Good job Josh prove them all wrong and good luck in college.

Guest justafan52

I'm going to be honest I hate that everyone bad taks Harper. If his shoulder had not gotten hurt we all know that he would be a four time state champ. But bad things happen to good people. He is a class act. He has never done anything unsportsman like to make people hate him. I also say this from a view point of someone who has seen him wrestle in person for the past four years. His team eliminated mine from team regionals last year and i still have the utmost respect for the guy. Good job Josh prove them all wrong and good luck in college.

I think to say that if his shoulder had not gotten hurt we all know that he would have been a four time state champ is a pretty bold statement.  I believe that if his shoulder had not gotten hurt, his chances would have been BETTER. However, Porras was within 1 point last year and we all know anything can happen at conseco under the lights. 

MD85,

Your quote was "Seitz will be lucky if he only gets teched.  When you get out from under your rock you will find out the world has passed you up.  MD is no longer in the tourney and there are not a lot of pins when two quality wrestlers go at it.  In your day MD wrestled a lot of big matches and rarely got pinned.  Others are capable of the same.  Please leave this sight with your hating.

I don't really have a dog in this fight,.

I have had the pleasure of watching most of the teams represented this weekend over this season. 

The talent level of these 8 teams is much closer than I think many people want to admit.   

As for the comment Bluebolt made about "letting them wrestle it out" I agree.  The bashing of individuals and teams is not what this is all about.  It's about celebrating the states best teams and crowning the Champion.

One man's opinion of course.

I think to say that if his shoulder had not gotten hurt we all know that he would have been a four time state champ is a pretty bold statement.  I believe that if his shoulder had not gotten hurt, his chances would have been BETTER. However, Porras was within 1 point last year and we all know anything can happen at conseco under the lights. 

I'm not saying Harper would have been a 4x Champ he did have to learn a new way to wrestle this season.  He shoots with his left and it's his left Labrum that is torn.  I would say that his 4th place finish is pretty darn good.  I do believe that he would have made the finals being 100% healthy.  It also said in the South Bend Tribune that he had the flu during individual state. 

I tore my labrum, capsule and rotator cuff all in one outing.  My shoulder would dislocate pretty much whenever it wanted.  It's not a great feeling knowing that if you get taken down the wrong way your shoulder will seperate.  I hurt my shoulder in Iraq and whenever we went out on patrols I was very very cautious.  Not only b/c of enemies but b/c if by chance I were to hit the ground or anything else hard my shoulder would pop out.  Can't necessarily fire a weapon accurately with your non dominant hand unless you are trained to do so (I trained myself to do so). 

With that being said...  I wish Josh all the best at team state this weekend and at Michigan State.  Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery after his surgery in March.  I know that my recovery time was 1 full year of no work via my doctor.  Longest year of my life. 

Perry has been counted out by almost everyone this year, to have only lost to Mishawaka by 4 with a few matches possibly going the other way this time for Perry. There were alot of bad calls at this match not to make any excuses, Cathedral is a great team I think this is the team Perry does not match up well with but there is alot of  matches in this one I see going different tis time. Not taking anything away from Castle but they did not wrestle anyone this year.  Perry vs. Mishawaka in the finals Perry wins by 2

Perry will be 2009 Team State Champs-  Any way you look at it I see this being one of the closes finishes in years

Not taking anything away from Castle but they did not wrestle anyone this year.

Wow, I wish my team could be like Castle and beat a nobody like Mater Dei.

Perry vs. Mishawaka in the finals Perry wins by 2.  Perry will be 2009 Team State Champs-  Any way you look at it I see this being one of the closes finishes in years

Well I was following their first encounter during the season on here and this is my opinion.  From what I was reading, Mishawaka was missing a couple of their starters.  On top of that, Harper got stuck and Mishawaka still pulled out the win.  Not suggesting he just got caught or whatever.  Just saying that I would be hard-pressed to think that Harper would get stuck again (or lose for that matter), even with his injury.  So I think Perry had the perfect storm for a win during the season and couldn't pull it out.  So I'm going with Mishawaka if they wrestled.  Just my opinion.

Mater Dei they did not have anyone this year except Simms, but we will see tomorrow I just had to stick up for the Team my heart is with. It just kills me how everyone is counting Perry out-thats alright though. If Perry had Castles schedual everyone on the team would of had about 40 or more wins. I do see Sampson pinning Harper again expecially if he gets on top with Harpers shoulder, I think 152 Wood and 189 Richards pulls off wins this time it will be the difference 

HMM! You get upset when posters don't respect PM but yet you turn around and dog MD and Castle.........

BTW- I was there at Mishawaka's matches with Bellmont, PM, Cathedral and CP. They are all great teams and Mishawaka will have to step it up even more than they did the last time they met these teams. GO CAVEMEN...

I'll say it.. I think Harper would have gotten his 4th had he been healthy.  I cringe at the thought of wrestling 30 something matches with that injury.  I dont think a lot of ppl could have done it. 

MD85,

Your quote was "Seitz will be lucky if he only gets teched.  When you get out from under your rock you will find out the world has passed you up.  MD is no longer in the tourney and there are not a lot of pins when two quality wrestlers go at it.  In your day MD wrestled a lot of big matches and rarely got pinned.  Others are capable of the same.  Please leave this sight with your hating.

You seem to misunderstand me.  I want Castle to win.  I would rather be able to say we lost to the eventul state champion than to say we lost to a one and done at the state finals.  All I was implying is that you cannot compare a three time state champ, one time fourth place finisher to a one time 7th.  Bonus points would be scored in this match if it happened.  I hope it will, but I don't think it will.  Mishawaka has a tough road to get past Cathedral and then Crown Point.  I don't know if they can do it.  Castle will have to get past Delphi and then either Belmont or Perry Meridian, who are both tough and tournamet tested and expierenced.  Whoever wins it this year will have to earn it the hard way.

I was thinking Mishawaka was going to win again this year, but after seeing Crown Point's performance @ Ind. State, I'm going to have to rethink that.  It's going to be a tough one this year, but that just means more exciting matches.

Good luck to all the teams competing this week-end!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.