MD fans??

Scout101

Where did you all go?  Roberts stadium was rather empty and you guys always fill that place up.  Fair weather fans?  Only show up when they win?  There were more Brownsburg fans there.  Sad.  Go ahead and take all my cool points.  :-X :-X :-X :-X  Nice job Castle!!!!!!  IHSAA lost money because of you.  ;D

When you lose 6 of 8 in the ticket round, that will usually thin the herd a little bit.  Chalk it up to being in extremely unfamiliar territory and not knowing what to do with a February Saturday afternoon free from wrestling.

Where did you all go?  Roberts stadium was rather empty and you guys always fill that place up.  Fair weather fans?  Only show up when they win?  There were more Brownsburg fans there.  Sad.  Go ahead and take all my cool points.  :-X :-X :-X :-X  Nice job Castle!!!!!!  IHSAA lost money because of you.   ;D

They probably thought someone else was going to step up to the plate.  Castle brought a bunch.  I think they were in two different sections.  I also thought the crowd was rather sparse.  It will be interesting to hear the attendence figures.  When configured for wrestling, Roberts probably only holds about 10,000, maybe less.  I bet there weren't 4000-5000 people there at any given time.

We were there early, but that 1st round got us behind schedule and we had to leave earlier than anticipated.  Not that I wasn't disappointed in the lack of wrestlers we got through...but that being said...some of the kids from other schools I was pulling for didn't make it out either, so overall, I wasn't having a great day.

Matchick,

You should have stayed and rooted for Castle since you were rooting for people other than Mater Dei.  I have always stayed for the finals and rooted on Mater Dei and Reitz kids.  Maybe Mater Dei fans are spoiled, because two in the finals would be worth staying for any other fans.  Too much traditon to think Mater Dei won't be back soon.

Imagine how much money will be lost this year at team state.  With MD not being there, the IHSAA may lose thousands of dollars.

Personally I don't care if they lose Billions of dollars...Wrestling is Wrestling...New teams reprenting ANY area is a great thing...

Sure the IHSAA is a money based organization - just like everyone else - but the REAL reason we wrestle is to WRESTLE.

We were there early, but that 1st round got us behind schedule and we had to leave earlier than anticipated.  Not that I wasn't disappointed in the lack of wrestlers we got through...but that being said...some of the kids from other schools I was pulling for didn't make it out either, so overall, I wasn't having a great day.

Now the REAL Region did a GREAT Job Saturday...21 of the 56 sent from Evansville came from the Meat Grinder!

Matchick,

You should have stayed and rooted for Castle since you were rooting for people other than Mater Dei.  I have always stayed for the finals and rooted on Mater Dei and Reitz kids.  Maybe Mater Dei fans are spoiled, because two in the finals would be worth staying for any other fans.  Too much traditon to think Mater Dei won't be back soon.

I was cheering for the Castle kids, as well as the kids from Reitz, Mt. Vernon, Jasper, Princeton, North, North Posey....

In fact, when I looked at the State Brackets & Friday night's match-ups, I actually was highly disappointed in a lot of Castle's draws...it's going to be one heck of a Friday night for many of those boys....and yes...I'm pulling for them, just like all the other So. IN boys.

Matchick,

I was cheering for the Castle kids, as well as the kids from Reitz, Mt. Vernon, Jasper, Princeton, North, North Posey....

In fact, when I looked at the State Brackets & Friday night's match-ups, I actually was highly disappointed in a lot of Castle's draws...it's going to be one heck of a Friday night for many of those boys....and yes...I'm pulling for them, just like all the other So. IN boys.

Those Southern Kids are Gonna Rock Indy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matchick,

I looked at all the Castle draws and they will have to earn their way out of those brackets.

Exactly (that's what I was trying to say)...not that EVERYONE isn't at a different level come State time, but some of those draws are brutal...just like you said, they will have to earn their way out...it's going to be rough, but I have faith in the southern boys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.