1st Round Sleepers

103 state champ

Im going with Dominique Butts upsetting Alex Surma at 140

I ll take dat bet !

Butts is my sleeper for the entire tournament at 140. I watched him last wknd at New Castle and he wrestled very well..beating Decker, Youngs, and #7 Duncan, and losing a very close 2-0 match to Tony McGinley. If he can wrestle that way this wknd, he's going to be scary and shock alot of people, starting by upsetting Surma in the 1st round. He's become a monster. So watch him closely come Friday, and I think, deep into Saturday, possibly making a run for the finals.

If he beats Surma I'll PM you friday night My Cell # and I'll buy you a shaved Ice. But it sounds like he had a good run at New Castle

Daaang OTR putting in on the line! The surmanator better be on his game friday night or else he will have one angry On The Rise to deal with seeing that a  shaved ice  will prolly run ya about $29.99 this year haha   ;D

Dylan Hall at 103,I know Phillips is 45-0 but he better be ready for a fri nite match from Hell

I think you said the same thing to kief before semistate and kief was winning 11-0 and then stuck him

You are right but he was down in the dumps after losing a close match to Boomsma and never got over that saturday but he is ready for this weekend, this will be a better match than most people think!!!

You are right but he was down in the dumps after losing a close match to Boomsma and never got over that saturday but he is ready for this weekend, this will be a better match than most people think!!!

I agree that didnt look like the Hall that wrestled Boomsma. Ive had the pleasure of working some with Hall at Big Bully and he is always attacking. The conso's match wasn't him.

I agree that didnt look like the Hall that wrestled Boomsma. Ive had the pleasure of working some with Hall at Big Bully and he is always attacking. The conso's match wasn't him.

dont take anything away from kief though he wrestled really tough that match!

He def did. He was on a mission that match.

He def did. He was on a mission that match.

Not taking anything from Kief,he did a great job,just Dylan was not there (mentally)

It's tough to call these ! but here are some potential upsets ! Before you boo ! Everyone can be upset on any givin day, but these are the ones that stand out to me of #4s over #1s

Bohannon has the potential to upset Richey

Wood has the potential to upset Stein

McCoy has the potential to upset Schultz

Wood not only has the potential, but I think he will beat Stein.  It'll be a good one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.