Fav part of this week!

tskin

You know what the favorite part of the week leading up to semi-state?  Its when we have our Pep Rally at the high school for our girls basketball team that is getting ready for sectionals and we have several kids wrestling at semi-state.  Happens every year and never gets old!

Try having a football pep rally before regionals when the volleyball team (who has beaten Burris, Central, New Castle, and Yorktown 4 times) (those that know vball know what those vicoties mean) (and we have the number one player in the country) is about to win state without a problem. 

I don't want to take anything away from football, hell, I'm a football coach here.  But the smaller sports always get slighted and I don't get it.

Favorite part: During pep assembly wrestling team was first team announced, and the ad announced we were wrestling at Sectionals when we were really advancing to Regionals... ::) So much love for wrestlers....btw our team is one of two even ranked in South Bend.

I don't think small sports are slighted on purpose, I think it really boils down to the money. AD's turn into Ginsu Knifes salesmen when they get to host a Sectional, Regional, or Semi-State championship in football. The more advertising (pep rallies, newspapers, radio, etc.) the more seats they're going to fill.

I don't need a crowd

I don't need cheerleaders.

I don't need to be on a cereal box.

I don't need a headline.

I don't need to explain why I do it.

I am a wrestler

did u steal that? lol

Y2 - The Poet Laureate of Indiana wrestling

Our school had a pep assembly at the end of the day for the girls basketball team Tuesday and wanted to honor our only semi-state qualifier..... but forgot that he left at noon for a doctor's appointment. :-X  And forgot to tell him.  :-X Or me until about noon.   :-X But hey, at least the article made it in the paper this week.  It was at least a fourth as big as the JV girls basketball article!  :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.