Hamilton Heights Sectional

currentwrestler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Lovitt, I hope he does wrestle. His Indiana record is 4-0. If his weigh-ins carry over from Florida, so should his record, right? Which would make his record ? which could change the minds of the coaches at the seeding meeting. Potentially, this weight class could and in my opinion should be redrawn. If Lovitt is the best he'll win the weight class anyway. But why should the other wrestlers suffer on a bad draw.

I agree that the semi finals upper bracket should be the finals.

Can anyone let me know how the scoring goes for sectionals. Like how many points wins and placing is. Or a link would be awesome  ;D

1st 16 points

2nd 12 points

3rd 9 points

4th 7 points

5th 5 points

6th 3 points

2 point for advancement in championship bracket

1 point for advancement in consolation bracket

2 points for fall, forfeit, default or disqulification

1.5 points for tech fall

1 point for major decision

For Lovitt, I hope he does wrestle. His Indiana record is 4-0. If his weigh-ins carry over from Florida, so should his record, right? Which would make his record ? which could change the minds of the coaches at the seeding meeting. Potentially, this weight class could and in my opinion should be redrawn. If Lovitt is the best he'll win the weight class anyway. But why should the other wrestlers suffer on a bad draw.

I agree that the semi finals upper bracket should be the finals.

His Florida record really does not help in critera a.) Head to Head, b.) common opponents, and c.) He was not a returning champ at 130lbs. last year.  The tournament officials were trying to follow the rules, and be fair to all the wrestlers.  Unfortunately, this was a unique case.  Let's let the kids decide it on the mat. Top 4 will advance.  I would think that the top 4 will rise to the top in this bracket.  Should be a fun bracket to watch on Saturday.

formerwrestler

Mrs. Wilson, Tyler says you guys are really nice and he loves u too!  :-*

But he is hoping to have a much better showing this year. He's pretty fired up.  ;)

LOL!  :)

Andrew is pretty fired up, too!  Let's just shoot for a Gadient/Wilson match up in the finals, alright?!  None of that 3rd and 4th stuff again, huh?   

See ya on Saturday!

Sounds good to me! C u then.  :)

Also found out last evening that Levi Rutledge will be unable to compete because of a knee injury suffered on Tuesday in practice.  He had just returned to the wrestling room recently after suffering a back strain in late December.

The back appeared to be OK, but he tore a ligament in his knee on Tuesday evening and could not get in to see the Dr. until Thursday afternoon.

What a shame for him.  Great kid, great wreslter, great competitor.  Placed 7th at Conseco last year.

formerwrestler

Holy Cow!  No Lovitt and No Cameras!!  What is the world coming to?

That is heartbreaking to hear that neither Lovitt nor Rutledge will wrestle.  Seriously.  For ANY wrestler to train all year and not get to do post season has got to be really disappointing.

Levi, I cannot imagine how you feel right now. It has always been a pleasure to watch you wrestle. I wish you continued success in whatever it is you do, or where you go from here. You and your family have always been among the people I looked forwrd to seeing at the various tourneys we met at.

Dave Odom

I  was told tonight that Lovitt would not be wrestling and I personally think he should get to wrestle but its not my descision

Why wont Mike be wrestling, and who did you hear it from? It was on another thread that he had been cleared to wrestle that his weigh ins from florida were going to be counted so he would have the required amount. I would have thought if there was a problem that the coach would have made sure before he got him seeded. And if he cant wrestle, are they able to put in a replacement for him in the # 6 seed spot?

Levi, I cannot imagine how you feel right now. It has always been a pleasure to watch you wrestle. I wish you continued success in whatever it is you do, or where you go from here. You and your family have always been among the people I looked forwrd to seeing at the various tourneys we met at.

Dave Odom

Dave, couldn't have said it better...they are a class act!!!

ff

Dave Odom

Dave, couldn't have said it better...they are a class act!!!

ff

Yeah, you can always count on him, and his mom and dad having something good to say about everyone they have come in contact with. I honestly cannot remember any of them ever saying something bad. They as a family are all class acts, and are one of the reasons that this has been so much fun. I remember way back in the bantam, novie and midget days Levi and Nick going at it at almost every tourney. I was rather pleased when he hit his growth spurt.

Hamilton Heights wins by 30 points over Pendleton Heights

Champs:

103-Todd-PH

112-Gradient Noblesville

119- Eppert Anderson Highland

125-Berryman Anderson Highland

130-Bullock Hamilton Heights

135-Alley Hamilton Heights

140-Bowers Hamilton Heights

145-Bennett Anderson Highland

152-Miller Hamilton Heights

160-Todd Pendleton Heights

171-Moats Tipton

189-???? -Pendleton Heights

215-Warner Tipton

285-Becker Elwood

Not as close as some on the site claimed it would be.....Huskies were dominant today!

Hamilton Heights wins by 30 points over Pendleton Heights

Champs:

103-Todd-PH

112-Gradient Noblesville

119- Eppert Anderson Highland

125-Berryman Anderson Highland

130-Bullock Hamilton Heights

135-Alley Hamilton Heights

140-Bowers Hamilton Heights

145-Bennett Anderson Highland

152-Miller Hamilton Heights

160-Todd Pendleton Heights

171-Moats Tipton

189-???? -Pendleton Heights

215-Warner Tipton

285-Becker Elwood

Not as close as some on the site claimed it would be.....Huskies were dominant today!

Who are the rest of the placers?

I do not have my brackets with me so it is all off memory:

103: Todd(PH),O'Neal(TC), Elmore(HH), Carlotto(N)

112: GRadient(N), Wilson(PH), Blanton (Alex), Powell (HH)

119:Eppert (AH), Eshelman(PH), Lanning(Alex), Marshall (HH)

125: Berryman (AH), Logan (HH), (Jarrett(PH) & Burton(TC)) - Cannot remember 3rd & 4th placing

130: Bullock (HH), Bryant (AH), Pyke (TC), - Cannot remeber 4th

135:Alley (HH), Long (E), (Buck(TC) & Blanton(Alex)) - Cannot remember 3rd & 4th placing

140: Bowers (HH), Johnson (TC), Pore (T), -Cannot remember 4th

145: Bennett (AH), Miller (HH), Spect (N), Bunnell (L)

152: Miller (HH), Holt (PH), (Dzirbik(N) & Teeters(A)) - Cannot remember 3rd & 4th placing

160: Todd (PH), Buehler (A), Toller (HH), Williams (N)

171: Moats (T), Fleenor (N), Buehler (A), Logan (AH)

189: NIchols (PH), Garrity (HH), Vondersaar (GC), Ford (T)

215: Warner (T), Smart (L), Smitherman (PH), Cannot remember 4th place

285: Becker (E), Catellier (PH), Kerfoot (HH), Rushforth (N)

Please help me fill in the few holes that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Edits below based on my brackets.

I do not have my brackets with me so it is all off memory:

103: Todd(PH),O'Neal(TC), Elmore(HH), Carlotto(N)

112: Gadient(N), Wilson(PH), Powell (HH), Blanton (Alex)

119:Eppert (AH), Eshelman(PH), Lanning(Alex), Marshall (HH)

125: Berryman (AH), Logan (HH), Jarrett(PH) & Burton(TC)

130: Bullock (HH), Bryant (AH), Pyke (TC), - 4th was from Noblesville I think (Wormuth?)

135:Alley (HH), Long (E), Buck (TC) & Blanton(Alex)

140: Bowers (HH), Johnson (TC), Pore (T), Gregg (And)

145: Bennett (AH), Miller (HH), Spect (N), Bunnell (L)

152: Miller (HH), Holt (PH), Teeters (AH), Dzirbik (N)

160: Todd (PH), Buehler (A), Toller (HH), Williams (N)

171: Moats (T), Fleenor (N), Buehler (A), Logan (AH)

189: Nichols (PH), Garrity (HH), Vondersaar (GC), Ford (T)

215: Warner (T), Smart (L), Smitherman (PH), Goodnight (TC)

285: Becker (E), Catellier (PH), Kerfoot (HH), Rushforth (N)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.