Wrestler moving to Indiana

Shootfirst

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you are moving to Nobelsville sir, then here two main smart choices for your son's wrestling career: Cathedral High School, which has high academics and is a little expensive, or Carmel High School, which doesn't have as much of a well program as Cathedral. Noblesville HS would be very... regretful!

[/quo

Hamilton County would be a great option to consider as stated in Forbes in '08 as the number one county in the country to live in. There are some good wrestling schools within the county but I take exception with nutterbutters "regretful" statement of Noblesville. The current team only has two seniors and a couple of juniors but will surprise many in the next two years as the sophmore and freshman class are quite talented top to bottom. There also may be a prior Noblesville wrestler returning to our program from out of state that would be an awesome workout partner that I believe is 130lb'er and should challenge for a state title. 

Have you ever been to Garret?  It is a very nice community!  Its a lot better than Portage.

Y2, you ever heard of South Haven?  It's a part of portage where kids do brawl and fight.  and it's also the home of multiple high school state champions...  Including Leroy Vega!  (=

And they can spell South Haven and Portage correctly...  ;D

Might be news to ya, but you need some toughness to wrastle! haha.

When you are a techer's aide and have nothing to do it is AOK!

What is a techer's aide?

DAY KEEP da coffee cup full and grade papers

Y2, where exactly is garrett located? I'm pretty sure you feed into the FW semistate but what county are you in?

Garrett is in Dekalb County, which is just North of Allen County(where FW is located)

He wrestles for Blackman HS in Tenn. The reason we may be moving is there is a large layoff at the plant I work at and I have family and friends  back home that will help us out with work.All my wife's and my family are back in IN.Ryan wrestles @ 135 we look to have him on a lifting plan that could put him around 145 next year.

is that blackmon HS in murfreesboro , if so coach vasbinder graduated from Oakland , he is head coach at Michigan City HS and city is definately a program on the rise with a good mixture. of young and veteran kids returning next year... He also runs the MC wrestling club all summer long.

Yes it is correct. I'll ask Major Kennedy(Prev. an asst at Oakland) if he recalls coach Vasbinder. The school is Blackman most people make the Blackmon mistake.Where in Michigan City does the Club meet and practice?The next trip home we would like to stop in and practice if possible.

we start the club at end of feb on tues and thurs from 530-730 at elston jr high ( one of old HS ) in wrestling room enter through the back of school by gym . He wrestled as a freshman (87/88) and as a senior (90/91) was schools first county champion in (90/91). As a senior (135lbs)......he moved to Florida. for soph/junior seasons...

Out oof the list you gave of schools you are interested in. Portage & Crown Point have the best wretling programs (hands down). Portage is probably more affordable in the housing market, both are good academically but I would give the edge to Crown Point in that catagory. Also Portage (Porter County) has cheaper taxes & lower auto insurance rates. Both are great schools & communities. Portage has an assistant coach that was a 3X all-american @ Oklahoma State. He also was an assistant coach at Indiana University. You should visit the communities & talk to some of the people on this board about them. I live in Portage, I chose to move here after the Marines for the above reasons. Of course Crown Point has changed alot since then. Either way, you can't go wrong. I know my son, Sean would love to have another partner in the room!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.