Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger on the radio

hammer

The match between the Fort Wayne Catholic High Schools will be broadcast on 1450 am on Thursday, January 22nd, at 7:10 pm.  On the mic will be former BD coach and current principal, Fred Tone, and former BL wrestler and assistant coach Darren Schortgen. 

You'd better tie former Coach Tone to his chair!!!

How many of you members here remember that episode at Fort Wayne Northside's Gym during a Semi State tournament in the 1970's?

While most of us may be too young to have witnessed it, many of us are curious to find out the details of it.

You'd better tie former Coach Tone to his chair!!!

How many of you members here remember that episode at Fort Wayne Northside's Gym during a Semi State tournament in the 1970's?

While most of us may be too young to have witnessed it, many of us are curious to find out the details of it.

I am, especially if it is more insane then calling an opponent's fan 'white trash' at a basketball game last year.

I know I shouldn't say this...but when I think of these two schools, I usually think of football.  That being said...always love to see (or better yet hear) wrestling broadcasted.  Thanks for posting the link Dan.

i tend to think that of most fort wayne schools, dont hear about their wrestling programs too much

I know I shouldn't say this...but when I think of these two schools, I usually think of football.  That being said...always love to see (or better yet hear) wrestling broadcasted.  Thanks for posting the link Dan.

i tend to think that of most fort wayne schools, dont hear about their wrestling programs too much

Basketball reigns in Fort Wayne, but football is #2. That is why you don't hear much about their programs. Basketball is in the winter or football players want to lift and work out for the upcoming football year. They have some good wrestlers though, just not good programs.

Basketball reigns in Fort Wayne, but football is #2. That is why you don't hear much about their programs. Basketball is in the winter or football players want to lift and work out for the upcoming football year. They have some good wrestlers though, just not good programs.

Thats a shame and the big reason why the Ft. Wayne SS has performed so poorly at Conseco the past few years.  When the Ft. Wayne programs were strong that semi-state compared favorably with the others.

im sure with all the great football teams they could pull some hulk onto a wrestling mat and have him go to state at heavyweight

If he is that big the football coach will want him. The only person I have seen that has been able to be good at wrestling and good at football in this area is Aris Allen.

im sure with all the great football teams they could pull some hulk onto a wrestling mat and have him go to state at heavyweight

If he is that big the football coach will want him. The only person I have seen that has been able to be good at wrestling and good at football in this area is Aris Allen.

I watched Tyquan Hammock make it to semi-state  two years ago when he was a Soph at 215 and he looked like he could wrestle and play football.  Had he stuck with it he would, I believe, easily be standing on the podium at state this year, if not last year as well.  As usual, football won out and Luers was deprived of a superb athlete not being on the mat.

Greg Wagner was definitely good at both.  All-State in Football and State Champ as a wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.