One last shot for Trent Reinoehl

pin2win1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard from mama Reinoehl, and I am very pleased, good kid from what I've heard, great family on both sides from personal knowledge.  Any accusations about their character or intentions I can assure you are misguided. Unforeseen circumstances appeared.  Funny thing I contemplated during this was that Trent's brother's eligibility was never questioned with regards to residence, but somehow Trent's was assuming brothers live with their parents.  Welcome back young man, happy to see you enjoy some of your senior season!  Great job pseudo-attorneys Ben and Cindy!

I was waiting to comment until after I heard the great news  from a reliable source . Just got off the phone with Ben Reinoehl and couldn't be happier for their family . The facts were presented and the ruling was in favor of the Reinoehl's . I think we should all just drop this subject and let Trenton get on with the rest of his Senior season . It's going to be fun because I expect Trenton to be wrestling with a HUGE chip on his shoulder . I have been one of Trenton's biggest fans since he was in middle school , and I look forward to watching him at Conseco .

Congrats  to Trent.... but I don't get how he has the weigh-ins? I'm confused on the weigh-in rule here. Are you telling me that an ineligible wrestler can just weigh in whenever at tournaments or duals and then come sectionals he can wrestle if he meets his weigh in amount? What i'm trying to say is that there's no difference between his weigh-ins as an ineligible wrestler and say a 2o or 21 year old who graduated years ago that has no eligiblity. Neither are eligible so why should they be allowed to weigh in? If this is really how it works where just whoever can get weigh ins then why don't all the fans just weigh in and get their 6 weigh ins before sectionals too. Someone clear this up for me

my guess is that the IHSAA allowed Trent to weigh in knowing that all of his appeal options were not exhausted..... either that or they waived the 6 weigh in rule. I think the issue was discussed and answered by someone earlier in the post

Congrats  to Trent.... but I don't get how he has the weigh-ins? I'm confused on the weigh-in rule here. Are you telling me that an ineligible wrestler can just weigh in whenever at tournaments or duals and then come sectionals he can wrestle if he meets his weigh in amount? What i'm trying to say is that there's no difference between his weigh-ins as an ineligible wrestler and say a 2o or 21 year old who graduated years ago that has no eligiblity. Neither are eligible so why should they be allowed to weigh in? If this is really how it works where just whoever can get weigh ins then why don't all the fans just weigh in and get their 6 weigh ins before sectionals too. Someone clear this up for me

The difference between a high schooler who is ineligible and a 20 or 21 year old who graduated years ago is that the high schooler can become eligible, the 20/21 year old can't become eligible, so im sure when they did the rules they would take something like eligibility coming back into consideration

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.